Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i made them dinner and breakfeast

kathryn
April 9th, 2007, 05:51 AM
i ran out of catfood yesterday and it was easter so i wasn't about to drive around looking for an open store with felidae :P

I made my cats some dinner then breakfeast. Only temporary, but was this okay?

dinner:
a bit of regular white rice, mixed with egg with bacon and ham added.

breakfeast

an ommlette. egg+a bit of cheese and bacon and ham.

they liked it and aren't farting or pooping too much so i guess it was okay? Is there anything i need to know that they would possibly be alergic too? i only plan to do this if i run out of catfood because these guys expect breakfeast and dinner with no exceptions. they will follow me around meowing and biting me and going crazy if i dont feed them breakfest and dinner.

Scott_B
April 9th, 2007, 06:03 AM
The only issue i see really is the bacon & ham. More so the bacon. Its processed and can have a lot of salt added. Not sure what kind of ham used, but the same thing, it could be smoked.

kathryn
April 9th, 2007, 07:03 AM
My parents are the meat eaters. It was a hatfield ham steak. it was pre cooked.

i had 4 cats climbing up my pants (thats what they do when they want food) and so I just took whatever meat there was in the fridge and just tried to make something.

the bacon wasn't pre cooked though.

technodoll
April 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM
i would personally never feed bacon to my dogs, even as treats. it is super fatty and loaded with salt and nitrates - ham is no better IMO. cheese is also very high in salt. If you need to feed something, just the eggs will do, if you can add some drained, de-salted canned fish that is even better. :)