Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My big trip to Montreal

erykah1310
April 8th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Hokay... more details.

Apparently I am going to "Greenfield park" area. ( I dont know where that is AT ALL) anyways, if anyone is familiar with that area, are there any good motels there?
Have to start making reservations now and what not.

luckypenny
April 8th, 2007, 02:58 PM
The main street where you'll find at least two dozen hotels is Taschereau Boulevard. What is your budget like? Will you have a car? Greenfield Park is a small family oriented town on the south shore of Montreal (one town over from mine). About 15 minutes from Old Montreal and 20 from downtown (when there's no traffic on the bridges). If you need any help finding places or getting around, let me know, it'd be a pleasure to help out.

erykah1310
April 8th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I will have a car with me. And I would prefer to be a bit away from the major hustle and bustle of everything.

luckypenny
April 8th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Taschereau Boulevard is where you'll find all the hotels and motels from low to very high prices. You can also look anywhere in St.Hubert and Brossard (the nicer ones you'll most likely find here), all within several minutes of GFP. Or if you want to get a little further away, there's St. Lambert (quite pricey) or LaPrairie. Tashereau is really the only major street that transverses all these towns where you'll find everything.

erykah1310
April 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Just really anywhere that will allow my dog too,

luckypenny
April 8th, 2007, 03:17 PM
How big is he? I can call around, it'll only take a few minutes,

luckypenny
April 8th, 2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.choicehotels.ca/hotels/hotel?hotel=CN328

So far the only place I found that allows pets for an extra 10$ per day. The room is on the first floor and also used for clients who are smokers. May not appeal to you if you're a non-smoker. I'll keep looking.

Frenchy
April 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
or LaPrairie.

And that's about 20 minutes from my place ;) So you'll be bringing your doggies with you on your trip ? All of them ?

Rottielover
April 8th, 2007, 07:20 PM
you will be about 30 mins from my place, but we will have to hook up :).
Comfort in is not too bad, and some take dogs, so may want to check that out

erykah1310
April 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Im only coming with Nikita ( shes the friendliest of my bunch really) Puppy would never make the trip sitting in a car that long, and well, Bailey is way too dog aggressive to even consider making friends with others... Meiko has some form of anxiety attacks when in the city so he too is a no go.
Just Kita, Guy and myself ( not 100% sure about Guy though)
I plan on driving around alot and seeing different areas, so we're all gonna have to make some arrangements to meet up!:D

dragon_queen
April 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.choicehotels.ca/hotels/hotel?hotel=CN328

So far the only place I found that allows pets for an extra 10$ per day. The room is on the first floor and also used for clients who are smokers. May not appeal to you if you're a non-smoker. I'll keep looking.

I live about 3 minutes away from this hotel and it's the best one you'll find in this area. The rooms are nice and clean and your located right at the highway that brings you directly into downtown Montreal. Just behind the hotel there's the Champlain Mall, which is quite large if you're into shopping. Not to mention that it's just down the road from Greenfield Park.

Skryker
April 8th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Sounds like a good hub for a visit, Erykah! Let me know if you are passing through Cornwall-even if my store lease says no animals, if it's through the day that you'd be stopping by, well, I won't tell the landlord if you won't! ;)

(Kita's a service dog, right? Your helper dog? Can't refuse to let a service dog in the store, now can I? :D )

erykah1310
April 8th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Yup, shes a helper dog, with out her I cant be held responsible for my actions;) She keeps me mentally stable
&#@(%^)^)#$$#* *#%)(^ &#)#
( better go get her up here, im starting to (^&%&&$# loose it):laughing:

Skryker
April 8th, 2007, 10:38 PM
:laughing: :laughing: erykah!!!!!

I hope whoever comes with you and wherever you go, that you have a good time! :highfive:

raingirl
April 9th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Just so you know, all Holiday Inns and Quality Hotels allow pets, at least I have never found one that doesnt. Quality Hotels don't charge extra, but I think Holiday Inn does.

technodoll
April 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Does your trip to Montreal include some beanie snuggles too? :o they are asking, LOL! :D

erykah1310
April 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I couldnt imagine going to Montreal and NOT seeing the Beanies!
*just to fuel the fire you know* lol

Prin
April 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
:sad: The south shore is so far away. :o

rainbow
April 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
When we went to Kelowna last month I emailed the Chamber of Commerce there and asked them for a list of motels that accepted pets. They emailed me back with a list of about thirty in all price ranges. You can also get maps of the city from them.

Stacer
April 9th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Erykah, is this a pets.ca related trip for the purposes of meeting dogs and people? Or do you have other business there?

Cause I truly think we should have some sort of pets.ca meet and greet, maybe Cornwall or Kingston or Belleville are good halfway points for those of us in the eastern portion of the country. I'd be willing to help with the planning. Sorry for the veer off topic.

LynLyn
April 10th, 2007, 10:14 PM
if you like sushi, come to mikasa on peel street for lunch on tuesdays or wednesdays i'm the bartender there and would totally give you guys a discount (and some heavy handed drinks if you'd like!)

Prin
April 11th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Alright!!! :highfive: So how's your Shirley Temple? :D

technodoll
April 11th, 2007, 08:54 AM
hey lynlyn, i might take you up on that offer! i work not to far from Peel and loooove sushi! :D

:sorry: for the threadjack... back to erykah's trip!

Puppyluv
April 11th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I ws going to say.. I like heavy-handed drinks :D (And sushi...)

Erykah, Layla would love to meet you and Kita:dog:

LynLyn
April 11th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Alright!!! :highfive: So how's your Shirley Temple? :D

for you? with vodka!:evil:

technodoll & puppyluv, feel free to come in! i would love to meet some pets.ca members. (plus don't worry about tipping, i don't take them from friends)

technodoll
April 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
is mikasa north of de maisonneuve? trying to remember... i might have gone there once?! mmmm sushi... now you have me drooling, OMG! :p

Prin
April 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM
lol no vodka for me. ;)

So when are we going? Is there any sushi without fish? :D

LynLyn
April 11th, 2007, 11:37 PM
yup lots and lots of it. no fish or no seafood? cause they have this delish lobster roll with strawberries and sesame sauce *drool* erykah u in?

if we all go (as in i'm customer too) i can get 30% off our bill and still get heavy handed drinks

and pet pics too! we have 2 bring pet pics!

Prin
April 11th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Uh... No seafood. No seafood and no alcohol for me. Aren't I fun? :laughing:

LynLyn
April 11th, 2007, 11:39 PM
the teriyaki is delish and there's other choices, i don't know them off the top of my head though sorry:o

Prin
April 11th, 2007, 11:42 PM
That's ok. We'll find out when Erykah comes and we all go... :D

mummummum
April 12th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Have a marvelous time Erykah. I hope there IS a pets.ca meet-up. Lots of pix please !

And yes Prin there is sushi without seafood but most if not all of it is wrapped in Nori ~ a seaweed, not as salty/ musty-fish tasting as dulce but it does have a slightly fishy taste to it. Try the California Roll, it's yummy or you can get a veggie tempura.

Okay now I'm starting to drool.

Remember Erykah ~ oodles of pix !!

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 01:09 AM
That's ok, I can just unroll it and eat the innerds.:D
What if erykah doesn't like sushi at all?

mummummum
April 12th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Lots of beef, veggie and chicken stir-fry type dishes in Japanese cuisine ! But ~ sushi is heaven.

LynLyn
April 12th, 2007, 01:56 AM
hehe we can wrap it in a soya bean sheet for you, so no seaweed for prin too!

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM
So it's settled then. Erykah, when are you coming?

Stacer
April 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
damn you guys, you're all gonna have fun eating your sushi, meeting and petting each other's dogs. I wanna come, it's too far, I wish I lived in Montreal.

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
lol Don't worry, I haven't ignored your idea of meeting in Cornwall... We could meet at Skryker's teeny bookstore.:) :evil:

Erykah hasn't come back to this thread though... I think we scared her away. :D

Skryker
April 12th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Oh, yeah, that'd be good-all of us and our animals squashed in here! :laughing: :laughing: I just hope no-one else's dog likes to "read" the way Fingal does. :frustrated:

I've been giving thought to the idea of Cornwall as a meeting point, too. Unfortunately, the one large picnic area that's OK with dogs (on leash) has been taken over by geese the last couple of years. It's not a bad spot, either, except that it's a public boat launch area (which is why I cringe at the thought of letting dogs off leash there-the roadway runs right along the beachy part, so drivers fly down there, right where any water loving dogs would be. :eek: )- and now is very goose-poopy. :yuck:

I know there is a fenced in dog-park place-it's where someone teaches ob/agility, but she'll rent it by the hour when it's not in use. May have to look into that notion.

Stacer
April 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Do It! *said in Italian gangster accent*

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
You know Stacer, Cornwall is almost at Montreal already. :D

Stacer
April 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
That's true, hmmmm.

Skryker
April 12th, 2007, 03:28 PM
So who is on Pets.ca that lives in Brockville or Kingston?

Hmmmm-Ottawa? That's kind of partway between Toronto, Montreal, Cornwall, more northernly places. Lissa? Where are you? :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
April 12th, 2007, 06:26 PM
damn you guys, you're all gonna have fun eating your sushi, meeting and petting each other's dogs. I wanna come, it's too far, I wish I lived in Montreal.

Yeah, imgaine being as far away as I am:sad: (Or Rainbow and TeriM as well)

ETA: and JECM

rainbow
April 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I feel so left out all the time. :sad:

technodoll
April 12th, 2007, 06:36 PM
pooor rainbow... missing out on all this wonderful freezing cold snow, slush, ice, freezing rain, blowing winds... :rolleyes: :p

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM
hehe, today is one day that the grass is definitely not greener. :D

Frenchy
April 12th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Erykah hasn't come back to this thread though... I think we scared her away. :D

I think she is only coming back tomorrow ? Remember , her dogs are at the doggysitter.

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Oh, right! Phew then. :D I thought she might come back and say she changed her plans and she's going out west instead. :D

rainbow
April 13th, 2007, 10:27 PM
pooor rainbow... missing out on all this wonderful freezing cold snow, slush, ice, freezing rain, blowing winds... :rolleyes: :p

Yeah, but we had all the crappy weather earlier this year before you guys. ;)

erykah1310
April 13th, 2007, 10:52 PM

Umm, your in TO arent you? thats a heck of a lot closer than Sudbury area!

However, yes i was out of town for the week, no one scares me here... :laughing:
im going *somewhere* may 24 long weekend.
Where is everyone else going? Cause really im going to Montreal for nothing:laughing: anyways, so if I can only go to TO i'd be fine with that.

ETA: It was a kind of spur of the moment Idea and I get alot of those, however, with the June spur of the moment trip being Manitoba... im available to make changes for May

Prin
April 13th, 2007, 10:55 PM
so if I can only go to TO i'd be fine with that.I won't be. :sad:

LynLyn
April 13th, 2007, 11:14 PM
:sad: come here :sad:

LynLyn
April 18th, 2007, 06:28 PM
erykah are you still coming? or have we completely scared you off?

Prin
April 18th, 2007, 06:37 PM
:sad: Probably. The TO people probably sold her their town better... :sad:

LynLyn
April 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM
but the newfs are here

Prin
April 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM
hehe, I'm kind of hoping they'll be gone by the May long weekend though... :D

erykah1310
April 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Nope not going to TO,
Still going to Montreal...:D
In one month, give or take a few days!

Prin
April 18th, 2007, 08:40 PM
http://foolstown.com/sm/ura1.gifhttp://foolstown.com/sm/ura1.gifhttp://foolstown.com/sm/ura1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/excited/3.gif http://foolstown.com/sm/ura1.gifhttp://foolstown.com/sm/ura1.gifhttp://foolstown.com/sm/ura1.gif

erykah1310
April 18th, 2007, 08:52 PM
There are no Beanies in TO, nor is there a Jemma or a Boo and a Harley sooooo... Montreal it definately is....

That and I have never been out of Ontario .... Sober ( long story):D

technodoll
April 18th, 2007, 09:03 PM
i second prin's jumping happy guys! WOOOO!!!

LynLyn
April 18th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I third it!!! yippee!!!

Stacer
April 21st, 2007, 09:44 AM
Maybe I'll make the trip too. if that's ok with erykah. I'd have to check with hubby, but I'd love to meet all ya'll. Maybe bring my lil sis (Aimster).

erykah1310
April 21st, 2007, 09:51 AM
Hey the more the marrier!:D

Prin
April 21st, 2007, 01:07 PM
Woo!! :highfive: :highfive:

Skryker
April 21st, 2007, 01:10 PM
Woo hoo! Since it's a long weekend plan (right?), post a park or dog-friendly place for everyone to meet on Sunday, and I'll try and drag my hounds for a long distance drive!

Prin
April 21st, 2007, 01:12 PM
:highfive: Woo again! :highfive:

Stacer
April 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM
The numbers are rising! When is the May 24 long weekend this year anyways?

Skryker
April 21st, 2007, 01:39 PM
19th to the 21st. The 24th falls on the Thursday this year. Wow! It's coming up fast.

LynLyn
April 21st, 2007, 02:35 PM
whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

technodoll
April 21st, 2007, 07:55 PM
wow that's in a month! :highfive: let's pray for good weather! :goodvibes:

Aimster
April 22nd, 2007, 11:18 PM
I'm definitely in for the visit to Montreal, I'll be on my way home from New Brunswick so it will be a nice little stop along the way. :thumbs up

Prin
April 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Woo! :highfive:

TeriM
April 22nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
Sigh ..... I feel so left out :sad: .

Prin
April 22nd, 2007, 11:44 PM
:grouphug: Don't worry. One day, I'll go to BC again... :o :grouphug:

Rottielover
April 23rd, 2007, 06:59 AM
If we all meet, lets meet at a place where it has enclosed area for off leash, and a walking area for dogs on leash(that are not the best with other dogs) area too, that way we all can be happy :)

Stacer
April 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
So which hotel should I book a room at?

Hunter's_owner
April 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Ahhhh you guys, I am soooo jealous. I am planning a trip too, but it will be after the summer, I am going to miss my chance it seems:sad: :o

If I can win a jackpot before then, count me in too:thumbs up :laughing:

Prin
April 23rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
So which hotel should I book a room at?
I have no idea.. :o I don't know the hotels in Montreal...:o

It's hard to figure out where to meet though... Like Jarry would be nice, but a lot of the dogs at that park are intact, which wouldn't work for a lot of us... We could just swarm the mountain.:D No off-leashing, but still fun... :o We'll figure it out.:D

Stacer
April 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM
So, which area of Montreal should I look for a hotel? From there I can do a search.

technodoll
April 28th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Stacer if it's just you (ie no pets), I can hook you up with a faaabulous hotel in Old Montreal, right near the Notre-Dame basilica, for a ridiculous cheap rate... PM me if you're interested.

I agree we could meet on the mountain, better anyway to keep all the kids on a leash to avoid problems (ie, Dakotah and Boo would NOT get along...). Lots of picnic tables around, we can find just hang out :D

Who's making the big cardboard sign "pets.ca montreal meetup"?:crazy:

erykah1310
April 28th, 2007, 01:21 PM
:laughing: my sign is going to say...
" Point me to the mountains for the pets.ca meet"

Prin
April 28th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Erykah, practice this:

"Ou est la montagne?" :D

Pronounced like:
oo ay la moh tang.

Ooo and maybe practice this:
"Je suis perdue"
:D

LynLyn
April 28th, 2007, 05:52 PM
oh boy! can't wait to get lost! maybe we can just send flares up every half hour until we've all met up

Stacer
May 1st, 2007, 08:34 PM
Ok ,I'm trying to decide which nights to book my room and I need to know what day everyone's getting together. That will determine if I book for friday and saturday nights or saturday and sunday nights.

Rottielover
May 1st, 2007, 08:37 PM
easy book, fri and sat night, leave sun morning, oh ya stacer, I will be in Orono last weekend in May :)

Stacer
May 1st, 2007, 08:43 PM
I went to school near Orono. We did some field testing there. Not very close now though.
So, is the gathering on Saturday?

LynLyn
May 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM
Please meet on saturday because I work on fridays 10 till 10 so i wont be able to meet up.:fingerscr

cpietra16
May 2nd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Ok I didn't realize there was a pets.ca meet-up...have you guys decided on the meet up area?

Prin
May 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Probably the mountain. :shrug:

I'd say Saturday... :shrug:

Stacer
May 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
It's official, the man and I are headed to Montreal for the long weekend. I booked our room this afternoon. We're staying at the Hotel du Fort on Rue Fort (go figure!) A very short walk to the Mont Royal Park (that is where we're all gonna meet up right?) We've booked for Friday and Saturday night. This is so exciting (although the man doesn't find it quite so enthralling :shrug:)

technodoll
May 3rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
now let's just hope for fantastic weather on saturday, eh? :highfive:

LynLyn
May 4th, 2007, 03:12 AM
I get sooo excited whenever i open this thread! Yeah saturday! Am I the only newbie that will only recognize dogs not humans?

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM
LOL!! Fort is a short walk to the mountain? Am I lazy or is that a long walk? :laughing:

Now we just have to figure out WHERE on the mountain...

Oh and no, Lynlyn, that's how it's done.:D Techno recognized Jems and Boobs first when I met her last summer. :D

LynLyn
May 4th, 2007, 08:46 PM
hehe good! now when you guys figure out what location please send out a super detailed map, cause even though I may be from montreal i don't know my way around, and all i know about mont royal is it is somewhere in downtown (is there a metrostation around somewhere?)

Stacer
May 4th, 2007, 08:52 PM
LOL!! Fort is a short walk to the mountain? Am I lazy or is that a long walk? :laughing:

The website said that it was only 2 kms away, did they lie to me?

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 08:53 PM
lol I don't know the metro stations... I know Mont Royal metro is near there, but at the bottom of the hill.:D

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 08:54 PM
The website said that it was only 2 kms away, did they lie to me?

lol 2kms in Montreal is far. Montreal, north to south is 6kms.:D

No.. wait... I read that in the Gazette once but now it just doesn't seem right...

Ok, I measured roughly on mapquest and it's 12kms north to south...

Still though, 2kms is a lot of city blocks, IMO... But if you get any closer, you'll probably get more expensive... :shrug:

Stacer
May 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
2 kms is nothing:D, I prolly walk that or more everyday at work.

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but in Montreal, you usually don't walk that far...:D Not downtown anyway.:D

Is it a nice hotel? I know nothing of the montreal hotels....

technodoll
May 4th, 2007, 09:39 PM
stacer from the hotel du Fort to the top of the mountain is a brutal uphill climb, half in traffic on bad sidewalks, nobody does that! it will take you forever, really :D We'll have to come get you guys or something, LOL!

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Phew! I thought I was lazy. :D I'm just a Montrealer. :laughing: Yeah, we can always pick up the Ontarians... The only way they'll get to the mountain without getting killed... :D

Puppyluv
May 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Oh you two are SO lazy!:eek:
Stacer, I literally do 2/3 of that walk twice a day, five times a week to get to some of my classes. Once you know the directions, is a nice easy climb.

Frenchy
May 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah, we can always pick up the Ontarians...

I think you better , if you don't want to see them on the left lane doing 90 km/h :laughing: sorry, I couldn't help myself. :p

Prin
May 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM
LOL!! Puppyluv, an easy climb? :laughing: Not an easy walk, and easy climb.:D

Yeah, we don't want them driving too slow and getting honked at, and we DEFINITELY don't want them taking a taxi! :eek:

Stacer
May 4th, 2007, 10:49 PM
so, we shouldn't walk/climb it and we shouldn't try driving up ourselves? And we shouldn't take a taxi? How the hell are we gonna get there? :D

We'll attempt the climb seeing as we're both in pretty good shape and if we don't make it we'll send smoke signals for you to come get us :angel: (you should be able to see smoke fromthe top of the mountain right?).

Nathan's a pretty mean Tronna driver, I think he could handle crazy Montreal streets no prob. :thumbs up

Skryker
May 5th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Awww, if it's Saturday, I can't make it. :sad: Rats!!! I was really hoping to come and meet people, too. :sad:

Prin
May 5th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Well, you can drive up... But just go with the flow even if you think you're going to die. :laughing:

Skryker, I'll still be here Sunday. :o

Stacer
May 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM
We'll still be around on Sunday too! We'll probably head back to Toronto sometime in the late afternoon/evening.

Skryker
May 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
So there's still a possibility of a Sunday afternoon meeting somewhere? That would be cool! :o I just hope my houndies do OK on a long drive (if it's a people and pets type meet up). Miss Bronwyn has a slightly tricky stomach sometimes.

Prin
May 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, we could do something Sunday too. :) Doggies or not, I don't mind. :) I'd invite you all here, but my house is wayyyyyy too small and my yard's not fenced in either... :o

technodoll
May 5th, 2007, 07:03 PM
either or is good for me... erykah & everyone else making the trekk, it's up to you guys eh? (oh and the weather of course :o )

Prin
May 5th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Wait... Does anybody have a problem with Sunday? I think we got caught up in Saturday because Lynlyn said she was working on Friday, so we should do it Saturday....

I wonder if any of our dogs will get along.:D

marko
May 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Is this an open invitation? ....the more the merrier?

That is a busy weekend for wifey and me...but we can try to come out to play...

Thanks for pointing this thread out Prin!

Thx

marko

Prin
May 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM
For sure it's a more the merrier thingy, IMO.... It's not often the Ontarians come for a visit. :)

technodoll
May 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM
for sure maika will play with and love absolutely everyone :goodvibes: but dakotah needs to be kept away from ALL boys, i'm not taking any chances. specially since he got attacked and brutally injured by that mastiff a few days ago, his tolerance for strange boy dogs has gone down quite alot :sad: however he will kiss, love and cuddle to smoochy bits any human that looks his way :lovestruck:

it'll work out, we're used to managing these situations in the city life and crowds of peeps and dawgs! :crazy:

Prin
May 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Poor Dakotah.:sad:

For sure though. I think we're all used to managing our furreurs in public...

LynLyn
May 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM
If sunday is better for everyone, it's fine for me too! whoohoo the more the merrier this is turning out to be lotsa fun. as for the dogs, I hope they all get along :fingerscr if not, I can always carry Bowser.:p

Stacer
May 5th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I'm getting so excited at meeting all the furry doggs in the flesh, and the humans too!

Hunter's_owner
May 6th, 2007, 07:18 AM
but dakotah needs to be kept away from ALL boys, i'm not taking any chances. specially since he got attacked and brutally injured by that mastiff a few days ago, his tolerance for strange boy dogs has gone down quite alot :sad: however he will kiss, love and cuddle to smoochy bits any human that looks his way :lovestruck:

OMG TD, I didn't know about this...is he okay?:fingerscr

You guys I am so jealous about this...I still try to talk the man into it, but he still wants to wait until the fall before we take the trip. Maybe we can have another meet up then:pray: :o

technodoll
May 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM
oh sure we can have another meetup!! why not? :crazy:

(mini-threadjack: dakotah is fine now, still has a lump on his neck where the mastiff bit him but the massive black bruise from inside bleeding is almost gone now after 5 days and the puncture in his lip has sealed up and is not swelled anymore - he heals super-fast thanks to a great immune system. my poor baby... if his pitbull buddy hadn't ran to the rescue and wrenched that dog off him, we'd have been at the emergency vet for sure :eek: :sad: )

:sorry: for the threadjack, back to the meetup! :crazy:

Puppyluv
May 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Wait, is there a set date and time yet? Whenever it is, I hope Layla and I can make it.:fingerscr

Prin
May 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Sunday the 20th, I think. No time yet...

erykah1310
May 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Bad news.:sad:

I can't make it on my own trip.:sad: Guy and myself sat down a little while ago and crunched some numbers to see if this was at all feasable and... its not:sad: especially right now with Bailey potentially running us up a couple hundred dollars in tests and then GOD only knows how much more for treatment ( in the event it is treatable)

Anyways, I may try to still get down there, but as it stands right this second, Kita and me are out. Im glad that it has become a big to do though.

Perhaps I will join in on the fall meet up:pray:

Or better yet, if I get the over $6000 work owes me for travel expenses this week... I can go, but odds of that are unlikely.

Prin
May 6th, 2007, 09:01 PM
:eek: :eek: But you're the one who started all this! :D :sad: Let's just send :goodvibes: for getting your expenses paid asap then.

technodoll
May 6th, 2007, 09:07 PM
awe, erykah :sad: i'll post beanie videos for you, then.... :grouphug: still hoping for a miracle and that you make it!

Hunter's_owner
May 7th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Perhaps I will join in on the fall meet up:pray:

Sounds good to me;) :fingerscr

Sorry about everything that is happening preventing you from making this one though:grouphug:

Stacer
May 7th, 2007, 03:41 PM
That really sucks Erykah, if it wasn't for you putting the idea in my head, I wouldn't be going. Maybe something will happen in the next week so that you can make it. Poor B.

erykah1310
May 7th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I technically "could" go down still, but priorities you know:shrug:
That and what if something happened with him while I was gone, Icould never let myself live it down.
Right now, im squeezing every penny just to be sure the funds will be there for him if need be.

I WILL EXPECT many many many pictures, videos and you name it's.

Stacer
May 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I (as well as all the other members too I'm sure) would do the same thing if they were in your shoes. Furry family comes first.

catsnatcher-CDN
May 7th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Hey everyone!

What's happening here? Can I come? When? Where? :crazy:

Stacer
May 7th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yup, we're meeting at Mont Royal Parc, but we haven't really established if it will be saturday or sunday.

Prin
May 7th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I think we established that everybody coming could make it Sunday... We just haven't established where on the mountain and what time...

Stacer
May 7th, 2007, 06:00 PM
If it's Sunday, then the earlier the better for us since we booked our room for friday and saturday nights and will leave Montreal sometime in the late afternoon on Sunday.

Rottielover
May 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM
sorry we will not be making it. I can not drive down there. Too paranoid.
Funny I can drive to windsor, but can not drive into town :(

catsnatcher-CDN
May 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I spend most of my time driving all day in and around mtl, laval, west island, eastern townships and new york and from my experience, drivers in montreal respect the laws on the road more than anywhere else. :)

So mount royal where? On the mountain side or the baseball side? Near the tam-tam statue ;) What time?

technodoll
May 7th, 2007, 09:24 PM
actually i think the parc jeanne-mance would be a good place... easy to park around there, easy to find and get to (taxis can drive there quickly, too), and lots of big green open spaces?

or are we really wanting the top of the mountain, near beaver lake?

Prin
May 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I thought about near beaver lake.. There's lotsa parking there... Never been to Jeanne Mance park..:o

Prin
May 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM
You know what? I've never been to the tam tams... :o :eek: :o

LynLyn
May 8th, 2007, 11:19 PM
oh boy! I'm never gonna be able to find you guys! it'll be an adventure for me and Bowser!

aww poor erykah! it's ok we understand, Bailey comes first, he does in our hearts too, I'll bring a camera and we'll send vids and pics and you'll be so bombarded it'll be as if you were here! and the fall meeting will happen too! we'll want to see Bailey when the baby is all better (Still have my fingers crossed for a full recovery)

Prin
May 9th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Here's the newer thread, in case anybody's lost...
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=40177