Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Food and Treats NOT on recall

Ginnys
April 7th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Here is a link to another site containing a list of foods not on the recall. It looks like it is semi-current and you still have to be careful and informed, but it's a start....

http://www.thepetfoodlist.com/

With the ever-growing list of recalled foods and treats I think someone has to start compiling (and maintaining) a list of foods that are still safe. A hugh undertaking considering how fast the situation is changing, but I for one want to know what I can purchase that is still safe.

This recall has major news coverage now, but no one is providing safe alternatives for those of us that don't have time to cook for our pets. I know it's a crap shoot trying to stay current, but maybe this site could blaze the trail. With as many folks that logon to this site internationally, maybe we have one or more moderators (several of who seem to be experts in the field)that could take our inputs and compile a comprehensive list of what is not on the recall list.

Just my thoughts, but I sure would appreciate it - it would provide a little sunshine of hope in all this bleak darkness.

Prin
April 7th, 2007, 06:39 PM
There are a couple of threads around that discuss 'safe' foods... I'm not sure what you're asking.:o

rainbow
April 7th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I think all you can do is make yourself informed and read the ingredients. Definitely do not buy anything with wheat gluten in it right now.

Are you feeding your pets a premium/holistic food right now?

Ginnys
April 8th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Right now I believe my canned food is safe and won't hit any recall lists - Evangers 100% meat with no additives or fillers. The only added ingredent is water for processing. I am watching the dry food carefully 'cause I'm down to my last 40 lbs bag, but so far so good - it's Canidae.

rainbow
April 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Glad you're feeding such great foods. :highfive: Remember to spread the word around about the benefits of premium/holistic foods to everyone you can. :thumbs up

Ginnys
April 14th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I just wanted to repost to keep this site for foods NOT:candle: on the recall visible to everyone. Just an alternative site to stay in touch with advice on what is still safe.
http://www.thepetfoodlist.com/

Ginnys
April 19th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Just a suggestion here, 'cause I believe this site is the greatest - butttttt
if you register on this site http://www.thepetfoodlist.com/forums/ you will automatically receive emails on food recalls as they occur.

I received emails on the following:
Natural Balance - 4/15
Natural Balance recall expansion - 4/17
Natural Life - 4/17
Blue Buffalo - 4/19

It's tough trying to stay current on this situation 'cause it is beginning to fade from the news, and this might help.

I know I'm beginning to run low on food, and am ready for one of my truck load buys this weekend. I'm still well stocked on my Evanger's (canned), so this weekend my run will be for Canidae (dry) - both still appear to be safe and I'm keeping my fingers crossed :fingerscr .