Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Someone Should have TOLD ME! (Warning - may offend some)

wjranch
April 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
The Easter WHO? Oops, maybe this explains the Easter Chick phenomenon?? Sorry folks, it was just so....... seasonally inappropriate! You can remove it if it offends anyone.... I thought it was funny :evil:

Maxine
April 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM
please tell it isnt real? this is plain gross... i don't get offended often but that is just too much

Puppyluv
April 6th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Ha ha:laughing: I think it's funny! :evil: :evil: (but becareful... some people will not agree)

wjranch
April 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I have no idea how authentic this photo is...it was emailed to me today as a joke.
It isn't my dog, my rabbit or my photo.

Dogs do what dogs do... It's perfectly natural IF it is a 'real' photo....

Puppyluv
April 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
BTW. I LOVE the name of the file! Very tongue in cheek!:evil:

Maxine
April 6th, 2007, 01:56 PM
for sure, it's natural, but it still made me dropped my toast on the floor :sad: I just find it gross. Natural, but gross. As gross as if you had posted a close-up of your dog's poop without a warning in the name of the thread :laughing:

wjranch
April 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I do apologize for the non warning on the thread title.... I didn't feel it was very graphic or disturbing.... simply natural... next time (if there is one) I'll try to be more considerate

jessi76
April 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
LMAO! loved it!

muckypup
April 6th, 2007, 02:10 PM
raw diet :crazy:

wjranch
April 6th, 2007, 02:19 PM
for sure, it's natural, but it still made me dropped my toast on the floor :sad: I just find it gross. Natural, but gross. As gross as if you had posted a close-up of your dog's poop without a warning in the name of the thread :laughing:

:laughing: 'poop shot' warning... :laughing:
does anyone else see the funny there?? Or am I certifiable?:crazy:

erykah1310
April 6th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I dont even think those are rabbit ears, not rabbits like we have here anyways.
Yes many will be offended by this picture... and it will prolly end up removed but I liked it.
Guess many kids out there arent getting many easter eggs this year.:eek: someone murdered the easter bunny :rolleyes:

angeldogs
April 6th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I like it.:laughing:

Byrd
April 6th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I dont even think those are rabbit ears, not rabbits like we have here anyways.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought, they look like deer.

Puppyluv, what's the name of the file?

technodoll
April 6th, 2007, 05:21 PM
he he :D i saw that photo somewhere else last week, but decided against posting it... i got enough flak from "certain people" for posting a photo of my girl with a dead pigeon in her mouth, i didn't want to be stoned for this one... but happy somebody had the cojones to do it! :D Viva nature doing what nature does, eh?

(although come to think of it, chances are humans killed and ate the dead creature and the dog got the leftovers and this photo op...) :rolleyes:

Kristin7
April 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I think those are not rabbit ears... probably white-tailed deer. Or perhaps it is from a giant Easter bunny. Well, good one, though, and happy Easter!

Puppyluv
April 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought, they look like deer.

Puppyluv, what's the name of the file?
Yeah they look deerish.. oh well.

The file's called "Easter is cancelled":laughing: :evil:

Byrd
April 6th, 2007, 05:42 PM
HAHA perfect name for it. :laughing:

jiorji
April 6th, 2007, 06:48 PM
uhh does it matter if it's deer or rabbit?:rolleyes:

i'm neither for or against,I mean some dogs are meant to hunt....mine won't be allowed to.:evil:

Looks like Boo tho

jesse's mommy
April 6th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Looks like Boo tho

Doesn't Boo like rabbits? :evil:

Maya
April 6th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Well as gross as it is it made me smile.:) I don't know if the dog actually caught it though, maybe he just found the ears left over from a meal something else had hunted.:shrug: And is it really any worse than seeing someone with a chicken leg or hamburger in thier mouth?

technodoll
April 6th, 2007, 07:28 PM
And is it really any worse than seeing someone with a chicken leg or hamburger in thier mouth?

totally right-on! :highfive: it's all about perception, eh? :D and what about "the miracle of birth" photos... :yuck: i much prefer to see the bunny ears!

jesse's mommy
April 6th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I think Boo got away from Prin and caught the rabbit. He has been trying for years.....:evil:

Prin
April 6th, 2007, 07:33 PM
No comment. :evil:

jesse's mommy
April 6th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Go Boo, Go Boo, Get the Rabbit, Get the Rabbit! Yummy.......

Elmer Fudd: KILL THE WABBIT! KILL THE WABBIT!

Skryker
April 6th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I love the pic!!! It looks way more like a deer scalp, though, and since the dog and the ears are all very clean, it's not so likely the dog did the deed-probably found it or was given it by someone dressing out a deer.

I can understand why people might be upset, but dogs are carnivores. :shrug:

technodoll
April 6th, 2007, 08:02 PM
yeah, skryker... tell that to the people who killed my maika with pigeon thread :shrug:

jesse's mommy
April 6th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Kill the Wabbit, kill the pigeon....

Prin
April 6th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Lucky for me, Boo is too slow. But I really think he's had a taste in his stray youth...:o :evil:

jesse's mommy
April 6th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Just admit it, you know it's Boo. You were just too embarrassed to post it here.

Prin
April 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah. I sent it around in a giant group email, knowing somebody would post it here. :evil:

Hunter's_owner
April 6th, 2007, 08:44 PM
totally right-on! :highfive: it's all about perception, eh? :D and what about "the miracle of birth" photos... :yuck: i much prefer to see the bunny ears!

I agree TD:highfive: Much better than the miracle of birth thread:footinmouth: :yuck:

Maya
April 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I missed the miracle of birth thread but that can be some pretty messy stuff all right.

What I don't get is how we can be so slanted, like everyone is like Ohh noo animal abuse leads to people abuse yet we um support these pig farmers do we not?? Purchase pet foods?? Then get offended by pictures like this? Anyway its all very silly. And as we know dogs are simply happy little carnivores that like rolling on dead stuff. :P

JennieV
April 6th, 2007, 10:32 PM
LOL!!!! I just snorted coffee all over my screen!!! :eek: :eek:
Showed it to hubby, he said it was probably a hare. :rip:

t.pettet
April 6th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Don't find any humour in this pic especially since it looks like a fawn's ears.

wjranch
April 7th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I think it is a Hare, not a rabbit (there is a difference)
Around here (slightly farther North perhaps) we do have some reallly big northern hares... we affectionatly refer to them as "jack rabbits".. quite large and certainly could be what donated those ears to the 'photo op'.

I doubt it was a deer...white tail are pretty big animals (250lbs or more easily) and those ears would be much, much larger than the ones in the pic...

jesse's mommy
April 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.....:D

wjranch
April 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM
First, let me express that I did NOT post this to stir the pot, or ruffle any feathers (pun is intended :evil: )
But, I'm sure that if I searched the forums, and took the time to bother.....I'd find pics and descriptions of feeding dogs tasty, smoked pig ears, hooves of calves, and of course the most beloved.... 'rawhide chew' to keep that pesky puppy from eating your LEATHER shoes!

I mean really people, can we say it together??? hypocrites!

You're all entitled to your opinions, and I personally would fight to the death for your right to it, but, I do not have to share it with you.

Happy Easter

Prin
April 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Boo likes rabbits. A lot.

Hunter's_owner
April 7th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Yep, Hunter does too:o He caught one once when he was younger...:eek:

Prin
April 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Not sure if Boo likes hares though. Probably. :evil:

He caught one? :eek:

Hunter's_owner
April 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah he brought one back to us...he either caught it or picked it up...:shrug:
Either way...he likes them:rolleyes: :yuck: He haven't had one since:o

Prin
April 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Poor deprived Hunter... :sad: :D Boo has had rabbits... in a can... :D

Hunter's_owner
April 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Lol Prin, no HUnter had to find the real thing:rolleyes: :o We will hopefullly never allow that to happen again:fingerscr

Toonces
April 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
well I have to adimit my dogs have killed a few bunnies, chipmunks, wild turkeys and other things in their day but we do have a bunny in the house that they adore, I am not offended by this pic at all it is just natural. dogs doing what dogs do best hunt.

rainbow
April 7th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Cute pic. I would say it is definitely a hare/jack rabbit.

Maya
April 7th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I mean really people, can we say it together??? hypocrites!Yay hipocrites! :) :highfive: :grouphug: :D

trippincherri
April 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I had that emailed to me too.....laughed my azz off.
Dogs are dogs.....we can't watch them 24/7 and make sure they don't drag home a snack, specially country dogs who get run of the land!!

~michelle~
April 8th, 2007, 09:27 PM
i just upset someone dog killed the easter bunny.... there were no chocolate eggs for me this morning :(
hmmm i dont know if my doggies would ever kill anything, they would probably wanna play with it since everything with 4 legs is the best playmate on earth!! (esp skunks according to them:yuck: )

Scott_B
April 9th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Rosco likes rabbits too. They're crunchie :p

chico2
April 9th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Ok guys,I believe some of the somewhat sarcastic comments were directed at me.
The point is,just because something is"natural" to some,does not mean I find a picture of it appealing or funny,any more than I would find a picture of roadkill amusing.

Yes,I eat meat,however I would not enjoy seeing a pig beeing slaughtered,probably would make me a vegetarian,or any animal beeing torn apart by another,be it a dog,cat, lion or a human.
If that makes me a hypocrite in some peoples eyes,that's fine with me.
This picture does not offend me,but I find it sad...:sad:

Maya
April 9th, 2007, 11:55 AM
chico2 I do also find the picture sad as well as gross. The amusement for some I think is how the dog looks so proud and inocent with the ears. I also eat meat on and off so do not feel I have any right to be upset by this unless I am going to get upset every time I do, (why is it easier to see an animal ground into a hamburger is my quest.??). I'm also calling myself a hipocrite in what I consider a truthful way. It seems like people have so many double standards when it comes to cruelty so I wondered if some here even made the connection between the cruelty they support and thier reaction to the picture. I hope my comments didn't come off as offensive, I was honestly hoping in good fun that we could all "hold hands" saying hipocrites.:grouphug:

(I wasn't directing comments at anyone specifically btw, I can't usually remember who said what by the time I post something.:P)

I'm sure this is also much more difficult for those that have had bunnies, so i'm sorry for that.:sad:

erykah1310
April 9th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I have bunnies, yet i feed my dogs whole bunnies as well....( not the ones that i have obviously)
Its not hard.
there is a line between sick and cruel and normal and natural. And its not even a thin one.
Sometimes we as caring pet/animal lovers have to take a look at the big picture.
If the ears in the picture are indeed fawn ears, thats no different than if they were moose ears ( not such a pretty animal) or donkey ears. The fact is, those ears at one time were on a living creature. NOW. As long as the animal who at one time had those ears wasnt treated poorly and didnt experience a long painful death I am alright with the picture.

I have seen the slaughter of animals ( Guys parents cows) and imagine this Ihave been there and helped the cutting. As well as the moose and deer during hunting season.
In reality I need to eat as well.
I choose to eat meat, so I accept what is done in order to eat the meat.
the reason I with good concience can be there for these "gruesome" ordeals is that I know first hand those animals lived their lives well cared for and happily roaming in the fields doing what cows, deer and moose do.:shrug:

Mahealani770
April 9th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Im not offended at all..but I could just say...:rip: lil deer? :sad: :shrug:

chico2
April 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Erykah,I understand where you are coming from and although I could never take part in cutting a deer,or any animal up,I understand what you mean.
Whether these were bunny ears,deer or moose ears,it does not really matter,what I was trying to say,I do not find it funny..
I am sure while you are cutting up a deer and see those dead eyes,you are not laughing or taking pictures.
As for the miracle of life,childbirth is not gross and I have no problems watching it,can hardly be compared to the killing of an animal.

technodoll
April 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
:shrug: what is gross to some is natural to others, and vice-versa :shrug:

Prin
April 9th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I agree. And just like that "miracle of birth" thread, this one has a warning in the title, and we can choose to go into the thread or not.

happycats
April 9th, 2007, 05:20 PM
okay, my :2cents: .

It's almost like this has become a war (if you will) between "pet" lovers and "animal" lovers.

Many here (myself included) love ALL animals, not just the ones labelled "pets". And although this is "natural" dog behavior, it's tasteless in my opinion. That being said, it's natural for some dogs to kill cats, so would that be an appropiate picture to post?
I have also seen dogs bring down a young cow ripping it's stomach wide open while it was still alive......natural yes...... would I be proud to post pictures, or even take pictures, I think not.

It's also natural for animals to breed continously and have hundreds of offingspring , but most here alter their pets.

As for the birth picture, I think the OP was only trying to deter people from breeding.

I think we should try and be more respectfull, because although this may be "pets.ca" many love all animals, and many are alsoe vegetarian or vegan so I wouldn't consider them hypocrites. And posts like this would be very offensive to them.

technodoll
April 9th, 2007, 05:25 PM
And posts like this would be very offensive to them.

i agree, and hence, the warning in the post title - everyone is free to look or not. If you think you won't like what you see: don't look! we can't censor an entire group because a few people have different opinions about a subject - otherwise we might just post photos of flowers and smiling butterflies and forget about real life :shrug:

Dogastrophe
April 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Jack killed an elephant once and proudly showed off for a picture.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2006_0617Image0036.jpg

Sorry ... just wanted to lighten up the mood in here ... now I'll quietly close the door behind me. :pawprint:

rainbow
April 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Jack killed an elephant once and proudly showed off for a picture.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2006_0617Image0036.jpg

Sorry ... just wanted to lighten up the mood in here ... now I'll quietly close the door behind me. :pawprint:

Cute pic....I hope it works.

Furbaby Momma
April 9th, 2007, 07:17 PM
The picture is an e-mail that is going around saying..."Easter is Cancelled"
This is a picture of a dog with a stuffed bunny rabbit's ears in the mouth of a Retriever. Everyone can plainly see how this thread has brought forward comments in regards to a picture thread that offended some members.

I help save animals with the MNR, O.P.P., and the SPCA, I truly love all animals. Saved deer, gosslings, a baby moose, an owl, and spawning fish, also lots of domestic animals, farm animals.
I also eat meat, and wear leather shoes....I am a hypocrite also.

HappyCats your post was excellent. :thumbs up
Chico2 your feelings are important and I am sorry that this picture wasn't explained properly right from the start. :grouphug:

happycats
April 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
i agree, and hence, the warning in the post title - everyone is free to look or not. If you think you won't like what you see: don't look! we can't censor an entire group because a few people have different opinions about a subject - otherwise we might just post photos of flowers and smiling butterflies and forget about real life :shrug:

sometimes I come here to get away from real life:) I kinda like flowers and happy butterflies.:D and dogs killing stuffies:p

Heck , abortion, murder, rape, car accidents, are all "real life" doesn't mean I want to see people post those pic's here:shrug: even with warnings!

And thanks furbaby momma

erykah1310
April 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I think we should try and be more respectfull, because although this may be "pets.ca" many love all animals, and many are alsoe vegetarian or vegan so I wouldn't consider them hypocrites. And posts like this would be very offensive to them.

I dont walk around constantly saying my piece to them so why is therefore alright for them to be so quick to inform me and others like me that we are cruel. I am both a pet and an animal lover. I do not like to see animals of any kind suffer needlessly. However, call me a hypocrite if you like heck I'll call myself one too, I will eat them.

Im going to drop the hunting thing now though seeing as thought this thread has already been jacked to high h*ll and im not going to justify what we do in any way, but its A WAY OF LIFE here. Sure we dont "need" to hunt, but we do and it is after all our right. I have not once proudly displayed ANY pictures from any of the "victims" and am always careful to crop out any indication that that is indeed where we are and what we are doing when i snap a good shot of my dogs and feel like sharing it.
I am just so sick of hearing how what we do is wrong. And how natural life occurances are so taboo.

I see this thread closing any minute now.

erykah1310
April 9th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Honestly its not like the dog ripped the ears off something that was living, he was probably fed them by someone. There by not wasting anything of this animal. To me thats alright.

happycats
April 9th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Honestly its not like the dog ripped the ears off something that was living, he was probably fed them by someone. There by not wasting anything of this animal. To me thats alright.

You may be right, someone may have fed leftovers to their dog, I don't believe in wasting either, but I am just saying, rape and murder are a reality too but do you really find those pictures amusing?
I just think it's in bad taste.

technodoll
April 9th, 2007, 08:49 PM
it's beyond silly to compare photos of rape and murder to photos of an innocent hunting dog holding dead, bloodless bunny (or deer) ears in its mouth. i mean come on, honestly... is this a PETS forum or what? :confused: are we being cornered into censorship now because apparently, posting a warning in a thread's title is not enough?... i mean if you don't want to look at the sopranos on TV, change the channel. same thing here... don't look at a thread if you think it might contain material you won't agree with. It keeps the place dynamic, fun and democratic to have different points of view and IMO, killing a fun thread like this (because it was started with humor in mind) just because you don't agree with the contents reeks of "communism". :eek:

erykah1310
April 9th, 2007, 08:50 PM
No i dont find them amusing.
However, how is kibble alright to look at in picture form? Because it doesnt resemble anything more than rabbit droppings? There are more gruesome things in a bowl of kibble:shrug:

happycats
April 9th, 2007, 09:04 PM
it's beyond silly to compare photos of rape and murder to photos of an innocent hunting dog holding dead, bloodless bunny (or deer) ears in its mouth. i mean come on, honestly... is this a PETS forum or what? :confused: are we being cornered into censorship now because apparently, posting a warning in a thread's title is not enough?... i mean if you don't want to look at the sopranos on TV, change the channel. same thing here... don't look at a thread if you think it might contain material you won't agree with. It keeps the place dynamic, fun and democratic to have different points of view and IMO, killing a fun thread like this (because it was started with humor in mind) just because you don't agree with the contents reeks of "communism". :eek:

OMG TD lets not get so dramatic.........communism :rolleyes: please.
I am just saying this is a PET site not a HUNTING site:shrug:

technodoll
April 9th, 2007, 09:18 PM
he he! sorry i couldn't think of another word on the spur of the moment, help me out here! :o maybe i need a glass of wine to relaaax... yeah... that's it... (backs out slowly to get alcohol)

erykah1310
April 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I am just saying this is a PET site not a HUNTING site:shrug:

Your right it is a pets site not a hunting site. and it is I who drags it in here from time to time. My point though is respect is a 2 way street.
The dog is holding ears:eek: regardless of how the ears got into his mouth they are there. Its a picture.
Not even close to rape, murder or anything else along those lines.
One needs not be portrayed as sick or disturbed because of their sence of humor.
You say you know it happens, but dont want to see it.
Well in all honesty I read alot of things on here that i would much rather have not read about but dont go off about it.
Sometimes things disturb people, its a choice, read/look or dont.

jiorji
April 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
ok wow...this thread has spun and spun..

And i don't mean to make it any worse, i just think animals killing another animals is normal. It's what happens and should happen. I think seeing a lion run and take down a giraffe is the coolest thing. It just shows so much strength and just mother nature at its best.

But again, i wouldn't let my dog kill a squirrel or a rabit or whatever because I think we should kill to survive. If i got lost in the forest with a dog and no food, i'd let it hunt down whatever it can catch to survive, but in the home, i think it's enough to just get dog kibbles or raw meat.
Same with my cats. They wouldn't be allowed to kill birds, because they already have all the food they need. Why waste more life??

I've always been against hunting when humans are involved, but to each their own??:o

erykah1310
April 9th, 2007, 09:41 PM
but to each their own??:o

exactly:thumbs up

technodoll
April 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM
ok guys it was all a bad prank, mister bunny is alive and well! Look! :D

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_apr2006/MonsterRabbit.jpg

jiorji
April 9th, 2007, 10:05 PM
OMG TD!! He's so cuddly looking!!:cloud9:

Prin
April 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I'm not going to stop myself from talking about the nice steak I had on the bbq because there might be vegans in the room. :shrug:

Pets.ca is a pet lover forum. Some pets sit at home and lie on the sofa all day, others get outdoors for adventures, and still others hunt and retrieve. It's all pets, and IMO, it all has a place on a pet board.:shrug:

This isn't a dog ripping apart an animal here...

Maya
April 10th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I really don't understand why it is different than looking at ground beef. I find it so confusing. So if the ears were ground and in a hamburger shape would that make it more tasteful because we are not thinking about the shape of what the ears used to be? He he that sounds like a deep thought. :laughing:

Everyone is intitled to thier opinion, I think its nice to hear what they all are and whether people have thought them through or not. Sometimes I even start seeing things differently and I welcome that. :shrug:

Furbaby Momma
April 10th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Everyone is intitled to thier opinion, I think its nice to hear what they all are and whether people have thought them through or not. Sometimes I even start seeing things differently and I welcome that.

This thread would of been just that an oppinion of different people making their comment on a "Easter Is Cancelled" accept it was not, but this thread I think is a nice open door to realize how we all can respect each other better.

I have Retrievers....Retrievers love to retrieve, they are amazing hunters naturally. I live in the bush surrounded by nature, Wolves, Coyotes, Moose, Rabbits, Partridge, and the list goes on. My Retrievers eat kibble with whatever I've cooked mixed in, animals will be animals that is true. We as humans are responsible for our animals so if we can prevent a senseless kill we do so by training our animals to recall when nessessary.

Please, lets not bash each other anymore...let it be ok for anyone to say how they feel even if it is not what others are saying/feeling.
Pictures are to be enjoyed, Pets.ca is to be enjoyed, sharing our wisdom with each other is to be enjoyed. Someone will be offended by something and we should make sure we try our best to understand, and from now on validate that persons feelings.

Like I said above, we all are hypocrites, we all do something that will rub someone the wrong way but like Maya I welcome my knowledge to be brodened today, learn something new today, and understand something new today.

chico2
April 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Happycats,you said exactly what I was trying to say(english as a second language)thank's:thumbs up

I am neither a vegan nor a vegetarian,I would take a pic of hamburgermeat any time you want,not that it would be amusing in any way.
As a commment on the pic,I should just have said"Not funny"!
Like I said before,I was NOT offended,I do not offend easily,I just found it sad:sad:
I sooo enjoyed little Jack and his elephant!

Scott_B
April 10th, 2007, 07:19 AM

omg at the bleeding hearts. :rolleyes:

They don't have to read it.

We better close the raw forum because we talk about raw meat, and post pictures & videos of our dogs eating raw meat. That might offend someone. :rolleyes: Since we're at it, close the food section, kibble contains meat, and of course we wouldnt want to offend anyone! :rolleyes: Actually, any talk of food should be banned as somone might talk about a big mac and offend someone. :rolleyes:

SCREW THAT! I hate all that political BS about offending this group or that group. If they don't want to read it, don't read it. Its a harmless pic that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Did it show the bunny being killed? No. Did it show the bunny suffering? No. just a set of rabbit ears in a dogs mouth. OMG, somebody call the waaaammmmbulance! :rolleyes:

Stuff like this cracks me up. VERY simple. Don't like it, don't read it. :thumbs up

happycats
April 10th, 2007, 07:34 AM
omg at the bleeding hearts. :rolleyes:

They don't have to read it.

We better close the raw forum because we talk about raw meat, and post pictures & videos of our dogs eating raw meat. That might offend someone. :rolleyes: Since we're at it, close the food section, kibble contains meat, and of course we wouldnt want to offend anyone! :rolleyes: Actually, any talk of food should be banned as somone might talk about a big mac and offend someone. :rolleyes:

SCREW THAT! I hate all that political BS about offending this group or that group. If they don't want to read it, don't read it. Its a harmless pic that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Did it show the bunny being killed? No. Did it show the bunny suffering? No. just a set of rabbit ears in a dogs mouth. OMG, somebody call the waaaammmmbulance! :rolleyes:

Stuff like this cracks me up. VERY simple. Don't like it, don't read it. :thumbs up

OMG Scott B now your being overly dramatic:rolleyes: ....Did you have too much coffee this morning??

chico2
April 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Oh yeah,that must be it:laughing: toooo much coffee and I am on my third cup,better stop:laughing:

happycats
April 10th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Oh yeah,that must be it:laughing: toooo much coffee and I am on my third cup,better stop:laughing:

LOL me tooo!!!! I have had 3 so far!!!:crazy: Yes we better stop, or we might post like that:laughing:

Scott_B
April 10th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Sorry, two cups of Honey lemon tea :thumbs up

As for being overly dramatic, I think wanting to censor a silly picture because it might offend a group is being overly dramatic! :rolleyes:

happycats
April 10th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Sorry, two cups of Honey lemon tea :thumbs up

As for being overly dramatic, I think wanting to censor a silly picture because it might offend a group is being overly dramatic! :rolleyes:

I said nothing about "censor" I said it was in poor taste.
My neighbours puppy eats poop, would I post a picture of it? No because it's also in poor taste.
I do believe some on this board deliberately post tasteless pictures to upset the so called "bleeding hearts" ( I prefer "compassionate" myself;) ) of the board.

Scott_B
April 10th, 2007, 08:19 AM
My neighbours puppy eats poop, would I post a picture of it? No because it's also in poor taste.
I do believe some on this board deliberately post tasteless pictures to upset the so called "bleeding hearts" ( I prefer "compassionate" myself;) ) of the board.

So where do you draw the line? Like i said, i post pictures of my dog eating raw meat. infact i posted a video of him eating a rabbit. Should i not post it because the bleeding hearts may find it offensive? Screw that. This message board has this awesome feature. A little red X in the corner. You don't want to read it, hit that button.

I'd love to see any of these deliberate pictures. :rolleyes:

technodoll
April 10th, 2007, 08:22 AM

in poor taste according to YOU, but not to ME or to most others who have read this thread and posted their :thumbs up . again, comparing this pic to a dog eating poop is dramatic and counter-productive to making people understand your feelings and opinions on this matter, since you turn it into something that it's not :shrug:

Scott, thanks for having that tea cuz you said it exactly how it is! geeeezus give us a BREAK already with the bleeding hearts! LOL :rolleyes:

happycats
April 10th, 2007, 08:25 AM
So where do you draw the line? Like i said, i post pictures of my dog eating raw meat. infact i posted a video of him eating a rabbit. Should i not post it because the bleeding hearts may find it offensive? Screw that. This message board has this awesome feature. A little red X in the corner. You don't want to read it, hit that button.

I'd love to see any of these deliberate pictures. :rolleyes:

We are obviously never going to agree on this, so lets just agree to disagree.

happycats
April 10th, 2007, 08:27 AM
in poor taste according to YOU, but not to ME or to most others who have read this thread and posted their :thumbs up . again, comparing this pic to a dog eating poop is dramatic and counter-productive to making people understand your feelings and opinions on this matter, since you turn it into something that it's not :shrug:

Scott, thanks for having that tea cuz you said it exactly how it is! geeeezus give us a BREAK already with the bleeding hearts! LOL :rolleyes:

Oh Please TD you think most here agree with you??!!! I think not! and you are only getting all brave now because you have Scott B here to defend you....you certainly weren't this brave last night:p :rolleyes:

lurking about in invisible status:rolleyes:

Scott_B
April 10th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I'm not defending anyone. What i am defending is commen sense.

Its a silly picture and again, a few people are getting all butt hurt over it for no reason.

happycats
April 10th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I'm not defending anyone. What i am defending is commen sense.

Its a silly picture and again, a few people are getting all butt hurt over it for no reason.

As I said in my last post to you, lets just agree to disagree....no:shrug:

technodoll
April 10th, 2007, 08:41 AM
happycats... thanks for turning this into a personal matter. situations like this always show who belongs in who's camp, eh? :)

I'm done with you and the clan of bleeding hearts.

happycats
April 10th, 2007, 08:44 AM
happycats... thanks for turning this into a personal matter. situations like this always show who belongs in who's camp, eh? :)

I'm done with you and the clan of bleeding hearts.

Nothing personal....I have no "camp". I was trying to reslove my diferences with Scott B when you jumped in and tried to stir it all up again......just giving credit where it's due:shrug:

jiorji
April 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM
:offtopic:
this bring me to wonder why some threads get closed before they even get to the boiling point, yet others are left to argue on and on and on....:confused: lol

clearly we'll never agree all the time but we should learn to let things go eh?;) the world is full of double standards

so next time the weak of heart don't look at posts with warnings...mmmk??:cool: (took me a while to open this thread too because of that, but then i did and I thought i'm clearly missing out on some action:laughing: )

Ford
April 10th, 2007, 12:44 PM
This thread has run its' course and will now be closed.