Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Cats are Weird.. Or are they?

hollybug26
April 11th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Just curious.. People say my cats are strange because they have a tendency to lick people & because they hang out in the sinks. I have had one of my cats since she was about 3 months old & the other since the day she was born. These cats are very loveable, and for some reason people find this strange.They also seem to find it odd that they get along so well with my dog. Just so I have some back-up here, isn't this normal?

Luba
April 11th, 2004, 08:45 PM
People usually are weird, animals just quirky ;)

Lucky Rescue
April 11th, 2004, 09:02 PM
What is a "normal" cat? Is there such a thing? I've never had one.:confused:

In fact, one of them was officially diagnosed by my vet as "weird." LOL!

Catt31
April 11th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I think finding a normal cat would be like finding a normal human being!!! LMAO

My 2 cats are definately NOT normal, and any cat I've ever had, met, or run in to in my life has been a bit on the wierd side! So, your cats are fine!! Its just your friends are weird, thats all!!! :D

chico2
April 11th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Hollybug,no your cats are not weird,just loved and happy!!:)

numberoneaggie
April 12th, 2004, 09:18 PM
I'm with the others, your cats aren't weird, they just have personalities! My cats like to sleep in sinks and I have one that takes showers with me - now I consider that weird! Anyways, just tell people that they lick them because they have a higher standard of hygeine than that person and that they are full of personality!

chico2
April 12th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Hi there numberoneaggie,welcome back!!!

numberoneaggie
April 12th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Chico, I've missed ya'll!!! I just wrote a novel on backyard breeders - guess I've had a lot bottled up, lol!

Iggette
April 13th, 2004, 07:05 AM
lol@numberoneaggie................rotfpmpl:D :D :D :D

Love that hygiene comment......lol

I too have a cat that loves to sleep in the sink and one that drinks only from the kitchen and bathroom taps:confused:

Dogs and cats can get along it's not wierd

chico2
April 13th, 2004, 07:18 AM
I could write a book on each cats different quirks and habits,they are a hoot:D
My beautiful white Vinnie after 5 min outside(with me)will roll himself in my garden and get incredibly dirty and creep up behind a tree to watch the bird-feeder,camouflage:confused:
or maybe it's just because he knows he'll be brushed:D

hollybug26
April 13th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Well it's good to know that everyone has experienced the cat phenomenon. In retrospect, I have noted that the people who thought my cats were strange did not have any of their own.. It's nice when it's more entertaining to watch your cat than it is to watch TV. I just lay on the floor with them & play. They are my very best friends. Of course, my dog too. :)

chico2
April 13th, 2004, 09:36 PM
They are probably the best and most loyal friends we will ever have:)

Catt31
April 14th, 2004, 09:52 AM
I have a magnet on my fridge that says..."The more I know people, the more I love my cats". That is soooo true....animals are the type of friends everyone looks for. Those of us fortunate enough to have pets know the true value of friendship...and not from human friends. My Spunky knows when I'm upset, or have been crying - she comes running to me and sits on my lap and purrs and purrs as if telling me its all going to be ok!! She just has an insight that only a true friend could have!! I wouldn't trade any of my pets for anything!!! :D

TalonsMa
April 15th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I totally agree!! I always say my cats (especially Sades) has alot more personality than alot of ppl I know! :) She has a few weird quirks that she does, and she is super smart and spoiled...of course. When I get up in the morning, she comes into the bathroom, and will sit on the edge of the tub (between the liner and curtain) and try to catch my hand or leg with her paw, so I will pat her. When I get on the ohone, she will come from ANY room in the house just to sit on my lap. I think she thinks I am trapped and have to pat her then ;) She is very smart!