Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Are There Any Reputable Breeders Here?

lovin
April 6th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I was wondering if anyone was a reputable breeder?
I need some info on the behavior of a mom to due...Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I use to breed, show, train, and sell dobies about 20 years ago but things have changed so much, that I'm not quite sure how things are now a days.
Thanks!

Puppyluv
April 6th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Is this your bitch that is due? I'm guessing there is no mentor involved....
My advice would be to call a vet.

lovin
April 6th, 2007, 05:16 PM
The momma won't eat and its only been about 3 weeks since she's been bred...I don't even know if she's bred because they wouldn't tie...A breeder would be best for these questions, Vets have tendency to jump the gun on things.:fingerscr

Puppyluv
April 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM
A breeder should have been breeding the dogs (if appropriate, which I doubt for some reason). What were you doing breeding them in the first place? Won't eat? Go to the vet.

heidiho
April 6th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I am a little confused,you used to breed??but dont remember what to do??:cool:

clm
April 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry but you're not going to like my response.
If you're breeding dogs, you should know what you're doing. If you don't have breeder contacts and you're breeding dogs, then I'm sure you shouldn't be breeding.

Cindy

mafiaprincess
April 6th, 2007, 06:05 PM
If you 'were' a breeder 20 years ago.. things like not eating haven't changed. Unless you lacked knowledge and were disreputable then and now.

You need a mentor, and likely a vet.

lovin
April 6th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I came in here to ask for some suggestions and this is what I get?
I stopped breeding/showing because of all the BS and politics that comes with it, and I started doing rescue work...I belonged to an association before I moved here and had been doing rescue/foster care for years!
This is the first time I have bred since then, but never a min-pin...I thought maybe they may have different quirks since its a different and smaller breed???
Thanks for all the help and sense of feeling welcome!:sad:

hazelrunpack
April 6th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Ann--I don't think the not eating issue has anything to do with being bred or not. Likely your dog is sick and needs to see a vet. It could be a pyometra or something just as serious. Uterine infections are not uncommon after a bitch has been in heat and they are very dangerous. If your dog is still not eating, she needs to see a vet right away.

Hope she's okay! :fingerscr

White Wolf
April 6th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Please take your animal to the vet as soon as possible. The members here are not vets and cannot diagnose potentially serious issues.

Thread closed. Please do not reopen closed issues. Please post an update after your dog has seen a vet.