Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I just wanted to tell her off (rant)

erykah1310
April 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Today I was at Tim Hortons sitting down inside having myself a coffee to warm up, and at this particular Timmies they are wonderful with hiring handicapped ( I really cant think of a better way to put it im sorry) staff for the smaller jobs.
Anyways this one employee was walking around cleaning tables and washing down chairs and tables that were not in use, and doing a mighty fine job of it too I might add:thumbs up She took the time to chit chat with a few people who started conversations with her and carried about her duties.
This "LADY" ( I use this term loosely) started complaining about the employee to the person she was sitting with.
Had I not been decked out in H1 clothing I would have prolly lost it on her, my blood started to boil... the employee could hear her:eek: and she looked so upset by the things this "lady" was saying.
Someone at another table also could hear the rude comments from this old bat and asked the employee a few questions, I guess to break her concentration of the horible things that were being said.
I shot a glare at the "woman" and muttered under my breath " If only we could all be as good as you" and walked out.
I seriously wanted to deck her!:mad:

Maya
April 5th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I guess in a way that kind of nasty behaviour is already showing them up, its just so difficult to see it hurting someone "weaker" or unable to defend themselves.:sad: I've actually gone up to people and said don't listen to that, its bulshyte etc. that way they know they have support. I don't think the decking an old bat in Timmies would have gone over very well but I think its still good you said something.:thumbs up Sooo hard when you are boiling though.:evil:

breeze
April 5th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Decking her sounds good to me !!!!!

ok seriously you did the right thing...

LavenderRott
April 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry - my job is to transport the handicapped from their homes to a workshop for the day and then back home again. I would have very sweetly told the witch that it was amazing how the employee still managed to have better manners then she did!

TeriM
April 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Great line Lavender Rott :thumbs up. I'll have to remember it for the future. I probably would have made a comment to the employee to ignore the rude, selfish b1tch and would have made it loud enough for the witch to hear :o .

rainbow
April 5th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I'm sure that's what I would have done too.

RolandsMom
April 6th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Erykah, the term is people with disabilities and i would have wanted to give her a good back hander too!!!! i worked with these wonderful people for almost a year and am very protective! i cannot stand ignorant people who are rude and judgemental.

erykah1310
April 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I just couldnt believe that in our society this day in age there are still some people who have literally no respect for anyone!
This girl was doing an amazing job as well. I mean she did her job with such enthusiasm and pride. I too have a special place in my heart for people with disablilities, I have never worked with them but I have a cousin who is also disabled, mildly I might add, and she is also the victim of this sort of thing.
Does respect no longer exist in our society?
Hats off to Timmies though! I think its great what they are doing:thumbs up

RolandsMom
April 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
There are quite a few places now who employ people with disabilites. where i am there are a some in both safeway and sobeys. i also saw a girl and a guy in Home Depot the other day working in the hothouse (flower section). having a blast and doing a super job! some people are just plain ignorant. they say its bliss but some people just loose out being ignorant. You know the rude and the judgemental are so because they have issues with themselves and instead of facing inward and sorting it out they project it onto other people.