Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Blind Jack Russell Reward $500.00

missingmyjack
April 5th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Hello, we are desperately searching for our little blind Jack Russell dog, named "Baby" who was frightened out of our yard on March 23 at 11:35 am. We are just devasted as she is such a helpless little dog and being blind her chances of survival are not promising. She never strays and is always back in the house within minutes of being let out. She was frightened out of our yard when the neighbours started lighting firecrackers. We tried to catch her but she was so terrified she bolted away and headed straight for the Humber River. We fear the worst has happened, but we just can't give up hope and pray that someone has found her. She went missing near Hwy 27, Major Mac, and the Humber River. She could be anywhere if she did fall into the river and managed to escape. She is very small for her breed, white with a brown head and brown patches. Her ears are very large and erect and her tail is very long. She was wearing a black collar. She is only 3 years old. She is totally blind in one eye and has only partial vision in the other. We have been searching the banks of the river from Kleinburg down to Woodbridge, but have found no signs of her whearabouts. If you have seen her or know of any kind people who have taken her in, please please call us at 905-893-2970 or 647-227-2878. We miss her and love her so much. Also, I'm very sorry to hear about Sugar, and all the other lost pets on this site. We will pray and keep our eyes open for them as well.
We are posting a $500 reward for our "Baby".
Thank you so much,
Kindest Regards,
Maureen

Loves Labs
April 5th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your Baby.
I wish I was closer and could help...but you guys are in my thoughts and I am :pray: for her safe return.

Good luck :grouphug:

shirley1011
April 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I know your pain too well and I hope you find your dog soon. At least the weather isn't too brutal, although we don't need this snow today,
will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Do you have the website for
the Toronto Animal Control offices that you can access thru PetHarbor.com
which is updated almost hourly of what comes in to the different shelters?
That is just a great resource for helping to find a lost pet.

Missing_Sugar
April 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
aww im so sorry, thanks for the sugar comment. I live by there ill try and help, i hope you find your puppy, as i try to find mine. you should really try calling the Toronto Humane Society or the dog pounds.

muckypup
April 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I saw your missing ad in the newspaper. Poor baby. I hope you find her soon.

the gang
April 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
i have sent email to my daughter, she will keep her eyes and ears open, in your area brenda and the 5 pins.:grouphug:

bullidog
April 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM
HI MAUREEN HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK FINDING BABY.
HAVE YOU CONTACTED TORONTO ANIMAL SERVICES AND THE TORONTO HUMANE SOCIETY... YOU CAN POST BABY ON THE THS WEBSITE AND I KNOW FROM THE FEEDBACK FROM MY STOLEN DOG ALOT OF PEOPLE LOOK THERE.
:fingerscr HOPE BABY IS HOME SOON
BULLIDOG

shirley1011
April 6th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Is everybody aware of the www.petharbor.com web site that you
check off the pounds that are appropriate (there are all of the Toronto
animal control pounds, Oshawa, Ottawa ) and they link you to the
shelters with pictures of the dogs they have and the descriptions.
These are updated almost hourly. If you need further info and can't get to
that page of the site please email me. I have found this so helpful in my search for Sable