Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why does my kitty somersault?

mitzkity
April 3rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
:laughing: My 3 littermate cats, 2 yrs old now, have this zany habit - they precede me down the hall, and will suddenly FLIP OVER on their backs, causing me to stop, trip on them, or step right on their little selves. So far, I have been able to make the right choice ;) and I'll stop and rub the little white bellies they have just presented to me. They stretch and love it! But why do they do this only in a narrow hallway, and is this a common thing for a cat to do? One day I really tripped and almost came down on Polka Dot's foot!

jiorji
April 3rd, 2007, 11:31 PM
well it's part of a cat's DNA to want to make the human trip all the time. They have the tendency to walk right in front of you when you go down the stairs, or when you carry water or hot things or when you're in a hurry, just to watch you trip over yourself and spill whatever you're holding. All for their amusement! Happens all the time at my place. And then i try to pet them and they run off snickering, thinking "what a dumba$$, she can't walk properly".:laughing:

Edgewaters
April 3rd, 2007, 11:47 PM
It's an invitation to *dance*, that's what I think!

One of our cats does the flop and roll all the time! When you're walking, of course, but you can also get her to do it anytime by dancing.

krdahmer
April 4th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Just be glad they aren't zig zaggin in front of you down the stairs! I think they just like to keep us on our toes.:laughing: