Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Demo Dates For This Summer

Byrd
April 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Okay everyone, I got the demo dates for this summer, if anyone lives near where we're going to be, come out and say 'hi'. :D

Sunday May 6, 2007 from 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm at Benares Historic House, in Mississauga, ON. Location: Museums of Mississauga

Canada Day, July 1/07 Lakeview Park in Oshawa

Dog Day's of Scugog, July 21/22/07. This is going to be a HUGE event with a Skyhoundz Disc dog trial, Ontario Dock Dogs, Rally-O fun match, and tons of cool vendors.

Orono Fair, September 8/9/07, Orono Fairgrounds, Orono On.

Wish us luck, especially for the May 6 one as we are pretty rusty. :fingerscr

mummummum
April 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
That's so exciting Byrd ~ goodluck Willow !:thumbs up :fingerscr

Byrd
April 7th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks. It's only one more date than last year, but hopefully we get to do more in the shows than we did last year (she was only one then, now she's two with more classes under her belt). :fingerscr

mummummum
April 7th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I hope you will have someone along to do the still shots and videograph it for the rest of us! I love stuff like that ~ unfortunately it never happens in Toronto.

Byrd
April 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Well, we do have a lady on the team that does the photography, getting the pics from her is another story. I really have no one to take the pics for me, none of my friends or family members are interested. :shrug:

We have a show in Mississauga in a month, that's close to Toronto.

I have some pics and videos from last Canada Day in the Canada Day Demo thread.

mummummum
April 7th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Well, we do have a lady on the team that does the photography, getting the pics from her is another story. I really have no one to take the pics for me, none of my friends or family members are interested. :shrug:

We have a show in Mississauga in a month, that's close to Toronto.

I have some pics and videos from last Canada Day in the Canada Day Demo thread.

Well you had best "train" your man well then! I know Mississauga feels close to Toronto but, trust me it ain't when you use public transport. I's going to take me 1 1/2 to two hours just to get to the International Centre (which is why I think I'll go tomorrow :rolleyes: )

Byrd
April 7th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Oh yeah, he'll do it, unfortunately he's not around yet. :sad:

Sorry, didn't know you were on transit.

Well, here's the link from last year, there are a couple of pics and videos... http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30070&highlight=Canada+Day+Demo

And the flyball video: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3534963439954282505

mummummum
April 7th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Okay turn off the psychic stuff Bryd !! I just spent five minutes searching fruitlessly for that thread ! :laughing:

Byrd
April 7th, 2007, 11:40 AM
:laughing: Sorry.

I added the flyball video to my last post, I didn't realize I'd never had it in the original post. It's not very good, neither of the videos are, the good stuff, I never got. :sad: My ex took them, and only sent the two, not the three, and the third was the 'good' agility intro.

mummummum
April 7th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Wowzer ~ am I jalous. Willow looks great !

Byrd
April 7th, 2007, 11:52 AM
:laughing: She can do better, honest!

That's a lot of training, and we're not going to stop either. :rolleyes: It's an addiction, I swear.

mummummum
April 7th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Oh I believe you on all accounts (that she is faster and better trained ~ I know how hard you've worked ~ hence the addiction!) . I can hardly wait to see this years pix !

Byrd
April 7th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Hopefully we get pics.

We just finished our 10th class and start number 11 on Tuesday. Plus, we are taking a few seminars as well. So far we have graduated Flyball (all three levels), Agility (three levels out of four), Beginner and Intermediate Obedience, Tricks Class, and Novice Rally-Obedience. Can't wait to get back into agility. We are taking Advanced Rally next and after that Advanced Obedience (might as well get them all), we also start SuperDog Games next month. Our seminars so far are ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Dog) which focuses on attention, and Musical Freestyle and Frisbee Freestyle seminars hosted by Pam Martin who can be found on You Tube, she's amazing.

I'm supposed to start assisting with some of the training as well to hopefully cut the costs a little bit. But, hey, I don't smoke, drink, gamble, or even go to movies, so what better to spend my hard earned cash on than a healthy hobby.

We will also start competing in Flyball and Rally-O this summer as well (yes, my flyball dog does obedience too).

It's going to be a busy, and expensive, summer. :eek:

Byrd
May 6th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Well, we had our first demo today. I'm exhausted, sunburned, and so incredibly proud of my daughter!

She remembered the opening sequence (four jumps, U-tunnel, tire jump, U-tunnel, four jumps) and did really well with attention between shows. In the second show we thought we'd give her a go at the high-jump. She managed 4 poles and hit the 5th. In the second show we did it again and she cleared 6 and fumbled on the 7th, she may have made the 7th but the lady that was holding her let her go a bit too soon and I wasn't ready for her. But, hey, 6 poles is up to my chest!

Between shows we worked on tricks and weave poles. She did 24 weaves (she hasn't weaved since Sept), but wouldn't even attempt it in the show.

After the show we worked on flyball. For a dog that hasn't run a course since June she did amazingly well and we have figured out what we need to concentrate on with her. We start really working on it on Thursday.

When we got home her and our trainer's dogs went for a swim in the pond as I was being shown all the new things that have been done to the back field (we rode to the demo with the trainer/owners).

All in all it was a great day, but I wish it was Saturday because I'm not looking forward to getting up early for work tomorrow. Willow is wet and sleeping. LOL

jiorji
May 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
YAY Willow!!

Byrd
May 6th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks.

One of the ladies there was taking pics, hopefully I'll get any copies of us. :fingerscr