Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gas vs.

erykah1310
April 3rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump...

Compare with Gasoline......
Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ....... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 .......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ........... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 .... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 ... $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ........ . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 $84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...
Evian water 9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?! $21.19 for WATER - and the buyers don't even know the source. (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on Evian water, Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid, Pepto Bismol or Nyquil.

And - If you don't pass this along to at least one person, your
muffler will fall off!
( I personally cant chance this one, lol, this is the first car/truck I Have EVER had that the muffler is still intact after 3 months :laughing: )

CyberKitten
April 3rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Thank Gawd we have computers or I would be using White Out by the gallon, not good acc to those nos, lol :D I went to a lecture a few yrs ago by Eliz may - when she was at our univ - and she noted how a gallon of water was more expensive than a gallon of gas (at the time). Really puts in perspective as well.

Mocha's mum
April 3rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Hah! You don't realize how much these things cost until you see something like that!!

Hubby and I are going to buy a house....it's going to be somewhere in the $450,000 range.....:eek: But, it never really dawned on me until Kris says "holy crap, our house is going to be worth a half a million dollars". I'm sure my eyes were as big as saucers...I didn't even clue in until he said it like that!

Schwinn
April 4th, 2007, 10:10 AM
This argument is usually given by the oil companies, but it's a bit of a red herring.

If you were buying all those things 50 litres at a time (as most of us are buying our gas), you'd find it a lot cheaper. The one I often hear is "you pay 1.90 for a litre of Coke and don't complain". But if I were buying more, I'd pay less. For example, I buy a case of Coke for $5.99. That's roughly 8.5 litres. That works out to $0.70 a litre. And when I worked at the bar, I know it cost us roughly $0.10 a litre, because we bought in bulk.

I also used to work for lawn care company, and we used to fill out tank with roughly 50 litres of water, and that cost $0.25. Now, admittedly, that was about 12 years ago, but the fill station still stands, and my understanding is it costs $1.00

So, yes, we pay more for those other products, but it's comparing apples to oranges. To make a true comparison, what would you pay if you bought in bulk, like you do with gasoline, and bought 50 litres at a time?

You'd be back to wondering the same thing. When paying at the pump, where do you stick your hiney when bending over?