Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My presents from Mexico.

RolandsMom
April 3rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
So im moving out today :sad: My ex came back from the U.S. and Mexico with some (parting gifts i guess) for me. The first a book by Dr Kidd, Holistic vet, on herbal cat care (very very interesting!!!!! so, any questions, i have answers now!) Its an awesome book. it has just about everything i wanted to know about what to give and how to treat at home with safe herbs adn flower essences. (obviously not for emergencies or acute stuff!!!)

and two beautiful bowls. arghh. its going to be a hard day.

Lukka'sma
April 3rd, 2007, 09:42 AM
This must be a very difficult day for you on so many levels. I hope the time away from Roland passes very quickly for you and he is back in your lap as soon as possible.
Good luck in your new home.

RolandsMom
April 3rd, 2007, 09:52 AM
Thank you Lukka'sma. its fur sure going to be hard but it will get easier. at least i know that much!!

Spirit
April 3rd, 2007, 09:54 AM
Awwwww... I'm sorry. :sad: At least it dosen't sound like there's any lingering bitterness or anger. I'm on good terms with all my ex's, so I cant really speak for anyone else, but it's always better when things end well. Sometimes it just doesn't work, you know?

Big hugs for RolandsMom! :grouphug:

RolandsMom
April 3rd, 2007, 10:00 AM
thanks for the hugs spirit. no anger or bitterness at all. different paths is all. so it goes. rather know sooner than later. i dont see any point in not being friends with exes. you cant just give up on friendships built when the romatic side ends. might take a while to get used to it but in the end i have made a few good friends..

Spirit
April 3rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
I didn't think there was even the slightest chance that I could remain friends with one of my ex's because of my strong feelings for him, but I knew the relationship had to end, and so I ended it. However, I think I love him now more than I loved him then! He's turned into one of my absolute BEST friends, and someone I cherish dearly. We still say "I love you" but it has a different meaning now.

Just wait until you start dating again... now that's a trick (I just started again, and I have no idea how to do it) :laughing:

RolandsMom
April 3rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
:yuck: dating!!!! i can certainly wait for that!!!! i do know what you mean though. i went out with guy (the one before this one) and then was single for two years!! useless at flirting and dating. lol what a pain. wish we were like swans and just got with one partner for life. so much easier. swans and lobsters!

Spirit
April 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
swans and lobsters!

HAHA! YEAH!! :highfive:

Prin
April 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: Sorry, Rolandsmom! :grouphug:

Be careful out there though... The diseases are everywhere now. :o

trippincherri
April 4th, 2007, 12:34 AM
OMG Prin you sound like me!!

Thats what I tell all my single friends lol, well except I put it like : "watch out for the dirties." Same thing:D

Sorry your having a rough patch in life RM....it will get better.
Remember to look after yourself first, and don't let the situation stress you out.
And I agree that being friends with your exes is a lot nicer then having them as an enemy.

Prin
April 4th, 2007, 01:32 AM
well, it's true! Everybody out there's got somethin' it seems... Just be careful. And don't double bag because it causes friction and can actually make things break even easier... And get tested!! Always get tested! And don't forget about incubation periods! And don't wait for symptoms because some don't have any... And be careful! Always be careful!

Ok, I'm done.:D

RolandsMom
April 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM
:laughing: yes mom!!!! lol. havent even thought of that part of it yet! double bagging Prin? :laughing: :laughing: crack me up!! at least you guys have made me laugh! thanks.
i know its going to be tough for a while specially without my little Roly(who will be with me as of may 1st). i miss him way too much already! im sure he will be fine though as my ex loves him too and knows how much he means to me! anyway all welled up so thats it for now.
thanks for the advice ladies..hehe.

Frenchy
April 4th, 2007, 11:45 AM
And don't double bag

people do that ? :eek: ouch !!!