Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

more Timberwolf issues

swissmodern
April 3rd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum... I'm in London, in the UK! I have issues with Timberwolf Wild & Natural and I'm hoping you can help me?

I have 2 French Bulldogs, Marcel is 2 & Isidore is 5 months. I have been feeding both of them TO W&N since mid-January. The kibble in the 1st bag was very dark, nearly black. Their faeces were very solid and black.
I got a 2nd bag and noticed a change in colour of the kibble, it is now a light brown. The faeces are no longer solid and light brown colour.

They ate the 1st batch fast and happily. The 2nd bag has not been so well received. Marcel has hardly eaten in 10 days and today ate grass 1st thing, had a poo, then yellow water came out (mixed with grass) 3 times. His stomach is rumbling and very noisy. I took him to the vet, he is now on antibiotics and prescription food.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? I'm kind of worried that I should switch food as something odd is happening to TO?

Thanks

stergeR
April 3rd, 2007, 09:57 AM
hi there.. I live very far from you though..but i do experience the same thing. The kibble in my previous pack was in lighter brown and doesn't have a strong aroma. And as for my current pack, its totally the opposite. :yell:
As mentioned in my other post about TO, our side has got two different placement of manufacturing dates. One at the side while the other on the back of the bag.
I am too feeling odd about it..
Anyhow, wish Marcel have a speedy recovery!

worrier
April 3rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
I wonder who is TO is sharing their shipping containers with? :yuck:

Wishing your dogs the best!

Prin
April 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
I'd switch foods... TO seems too inconsistent over there... :o

Goldens4Ever
April 4th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I never thought to post this, but I guess I will now since others are in a similar boat. I live in the U.S., so I am unsure if there's a difference between the TO kibbles. But, when I opened their new bag of Ocean Blue, the kibble is now flat & is kind-a shiny. They used to be little round pellets (like rabbit turds) & were dull (no gloss). :confused: :shrug:

Anyone else notice this with this particular formula? I just sent them an e-mail inquiring about this.

rainbow
April 4th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Please let us know what they say in their reply. :)

Goldens4Ever
April 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Here is TO's response to the different kibble:

We had multiple requests previously for bigger kibble so we were trying that size out, we have decided to go back to our original kibble so you will not run into that again.

But, I'm not sure which is the 'original' kibble-the one I currently have that is flat & shiny, or the other one that's round & not shiny...:shrug: :confused:

gomez
April 6th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Where did you find TO in London?

We have just moved from London to Australia and were never able to find TO - we used to feed Gomez with Burns, you either order from their website or Pets Pavillion carries it... He always did very well on it - it's also holistic/organic/all natural plus it's made in the UK, which right has got to be a BIG plus!

Hope your little guy feels better

stergeR
April 6th, 2007, 10:35 AM

We had multiple requests previously for bigger kibble so we were trying that size out, we have decided to go back to our original kibble so you will not run into that again.

But, I'm not sure which is the 'original' kibble-the one I currently have that is flat & shiny, or the other one that's round & not shiny...:shrug: :confused:

:laughing: while scooping up my lady's kibble today, i saw a different shape in TO's kibble..its square-shaped and so much lighter in colour..! http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/stergeR28/TimberwolfKibble.jpg does he meant that?! hmm... :confused: or was it another brand of kibble!?

rainbow
April 6th, 2007, 01:20 PM

I emailed them about the difference you mentioned as well as the difference someone else mentioned about the Wild & Natural. I haven't received a reply but I think they've blacklisted me by now. :laughing:

You could try emailing them again and asking. :D

rainbow
April 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM
:laughing: while scooping up my lady's kibble today, i saw a different shape in TO's kibble..its square-shaped and so much lighter in colour..! http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/stergeR28/TimberwolfKibble.jpg does he meant that?! hmm... :confused: or was it another brand of kibble!?

OMG !!! You sure have the worst luck with TO over there. :eek: I would email them that photo and ask. I imagine they'll have a very good explanation for you. :rolleyes:

If I were you I would change brands. What else is available to you over there?

Goldens4Ever
April 6th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Wow.....:frustrated: :frustrated: At least my bags don't have different sized kibbles within their regular kibble. I would contact them ASAP.

I contacted TO about getting some information to become a distributor here in Green Bay, as the closest place to buy their foods is 2 hours from here. But, they haven't contacted me......I guess that I'm on their 'black list' too. :confused:

rainbow
April 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Not only different size but different shape and colour. :eek:

swissmodern
April 16th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hi,
Sorry but I didn't know I had replies to me post:evil:

I buy TO through www.zooplus.co.uk. It's a German company that imports the stuff and sells it Europe-wide through the website. They have been out of stock for 2 months though, as they say there are delays importing it, something to do with Customs?

I have emailed TO twice but still no replies. Zooplus say they are not aware of any changes but until they get a new batch they cannot compare the colour of the kibble. I have decided to stop feeding the W&N I have left as their stool swere yucky. I have half a bag left of the Ocean one, so I'm giving them that and it's back to good stools.

I am however switching to UK kibble, James WellBeloved as it is organic too. I really liked TO, until they messed up with it. I wish they would keep theit customers informed as it makes us feel something fishy is going on...