Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baby shampoo for pets?

ID33
April 2nd, 2007, 10:47 PM
I saw a post form other forum, his vet sugguests he can use baby shampoo to wash his dog for dry skin problem. Have any one try this before?

Prin
April 2nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
I tried it on Jemma. Didn't work so well... Her doggy shampoo worked better.:o

coppperbelle
April 3rd, 2007, 05:33 AM
I use baby shampoo on my dogs sometimes.

Winston
April 3rd, 2007, 05:52 AM
I use doggie shampoo...Oatmeal! worked well.

Cindy

Lissa
April 3rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
I've used Johnson's baby shapmoo in the past but now I use their baby wash.
I still have some oatmeal dog shampoo from the vet but when Dodger was skunked, it irritated his skin.

Edgewaters
April 3rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
We use it on one of our cats every couple of years or so ... he gets really bad dandruff over time. Seems to work fine. It takes care of his dandruff problems for 2 years in a single go ... glad, because I don't like stripping him of his natural oils etc

CyberKitten
April 3rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Baby shampoo is not as good as even Dawn or the more expensive shampoo made for dogs in your case. I like Dawn actually.

papillonmama
April 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
I found this board looking for help with dry skin on the dog. We were using the oatmeal shampoo and it was making it worse. So I tried the baby shampoo and prefer it. Before, Dory would itch for days after her bath, now with the baby shampoo, she might scratch a couple of times.

I also changed her diet, and I really think that that made the biggest difference.

Good luck:)

jesse's mommy
April 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
We use Johnson's baby shampoo and Jesse does wonderful with it. No problems with it here and her fur is as smooth as a baby's butt. :D

ID33
April 4th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Thank you all of you. I will try the baby shampoo on this weekend to see will it help with his itchy problem

Jamiemar
April 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I only use baby shampoo on my dogs and I have for atleast the past 10 years. It has always worked great for me. I had a dog Jamie, we miss her lots, who had really sesitive skin and I switched to baby shampoo and it worked great. The oatmeal is good but plain ol' Johnson & Johnson's works excellent.

breeze
April 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I was told by my vet not to use baby shampoo cause it dries out their skin :shrug: now I use an oatmeal shampoo and it works very well :)

Frenchy
April 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I once bought this doggy shampoo made out of milk, it smelled sooo good ! But it was kind of $$$$$$. Don't remember the name but it's a white bottle with black spots (like a cow) specially for doggies with sensible skin.