Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Homestyle Select Chicken, Veggie and Rice Dinner

sissani
April 1st, 2007, 09:05 PM
I'm curious what you all think of this product:

http://www.homestyleselect.com/productIngredients.asp?selectedProduct=adultChicke n

Homestyle Selects Adult Chicken, Vegetable and Rice Dinner
(from above link)

Ingredients
Fresh chicken, liver, fresh carrots, peas, rice bran, brewers rice, chicken broth, dried egg product, carrageenan, salt, garlic, taurine.

Vitamins
Chaoline chloride, vitamine E supplement, niacin, D-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, thiamine, mononitrate, vitamine D3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement.

Minerals
Zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite.

My mom bought some the other day for her dogs; I had never even heard of it. :shrug:

Prin
April 1st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Ingredients
Fresh chicken, liver, fresh carrots, peas, rice bran, brewers rice, chicken broth, dried egg product, carrageenan, salt, garlic, taurine. The ones in bold are the iffy ingredients... Brewer's rice is a by-product of the human "beverage" industry, and dried egg product is not for human consumption eggs... Rice bran is just a redundant fiber... Bumps the rice up, probably to #1 (otherwise they wouldn't split it up like that).

Scott_B
April 2nd, 2007, 05:42 AM
not to mention, what kinda liver? :yuck:

Goldens4Ever
April 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
It certainly doesn't have much meat in it because the 'fresh meats' contain so much water. As ScottB said, what kind of liver? :yuck:

KitKatC
May 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM
its Pork Liver i just found out... just posted on the other thread about this. As for water content most wet food you get from a can has way more, use to get my dog ceasar, the gravity in that thing is disgusting!...

PoodleLover47
December 18th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Just tried a sample of Homestyle Select...or should I say Pepe ate the sample? Pepe is a 3 year old toy poodle currently eating Little Ceser. We are new to your forum and hoped we could learn more about ’dog food’ and what would be best for Pepe. From the posts it appears few think Homestyle is up to their claims. Wondering what you consider the best dog food.