Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Groomer / back flare up connection???

Mocha's mum
March 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
Well, I mentioned the dreaded 'g' word yesterday and voila! Poor little Mocha's back is bothering him again. I feel sorry for the little guy :sad:

We got up at six for a piddle - all was fine. Up and down the ramp like a madman this morning! Took him out at 10 - ish and noticed that the area that we were walking in had some broken glass on the ground. Picked up Mocha and carried on. We came back inside and I thoroughly examined his feet, trimming the hair away and generally driving him crazy.

Well at about noon, he tried to get onto the couch, but couldn't. So I scooped him up under the bum like I normally do, and lifted him up. I noticed he was whining a bit under his breath. Hmmmmmm. I felt his belly for muscle spasm, and it was fine. And he didn't seem to mind me poking around on his back. He layed down and went to sleep. A few hours later, my friend came knocking on my door. Mocha jumped off the couch to greet the visitor (I'm sure that's what set his back off). Then I noticed he wasn't weight bearing on his rear left leg. So, I searched again for glass - nothing. He was having some muscle spasm and appeared to have some discomfort in his back. Here we go again.....so I gave him a dose of his Metacam, and he's sunning himself now by the patio door.

Poor little guy. Just hoping that this flare up won't last long and he'll be right as rain in a few days. It makes me sad to see him in pain :sad: But it seems that when his hair gets longer, and I start to mention the word 'groomer', his back acts up....must be the weight of all his hair...:laughing:

Prin
April 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Poor doggy! Just my imagination going here, but what if he was at the groomer and jumped off the table and hurt his back? :o :shrug:

Mocha's mum
April 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
He hasn't been yet! That's the funny part. I just mentioned to Kris that it was getting to be time for him to go.

He did this last time he went to the groomer. I talked about it for a few days (because when I think it's time to get a hair do, it always gets cold too), but waited and then Mocha's back started to bother him.

I think he's faking!! :laughing: Seriously though...I've taken him to the same groomer for his whole life, so they know about his back problems. The lady he sees cuts him on the floor and is very attentive (I stayed back and watched once). He's never had a problem after being groomed, except for the usual "I'm naked" pout afterward :laughing:

Funny thing is, today he's fine again :shrug: What a little turkey! He's sitting on the floor looking at me right now with his ears all flopped out like Dumbo, grunting at me. I know he knows that I'm writing about him!! We'll see what today brings with his little back woes.....