Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Smelt fishing anyone??

erykah1310
March 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM
We are taking a break around here for a couple hours tonight to head on down to the famous smelt creek to see if they 're running yet... not likely but this spring came on so suddenly that anything is possible.
Regardless if not this weekend, definately in 2 weekends they'll be running:D
Anyone in??? Its a far drive for most of you, but its a "girls night out";)
We ditch the men, and do non gurly things for one night... complete with hipwaders, nets and non flattering rubber boots( for those who dont have hip waders) and orange pants, not sure why she wore those lol
Heres a collage from last years trip... we caught a whopping quarter of a 5 gallon pail full:frustrated: ( just to say missed the run)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Friends%20and%20so%20on/smeltfishin06.jpg

Prin
April 1st, 2007, 07:14 AM
Uhh... maybe next year?

:D

CyberKitten
April 2nd, 2007, 12:29 AM
Alas, smelt fishing was not too good this year in my home town from what I understand. The ice was thin and I know one fellow who lost his cabin - and he had just fixed it up, sigh!!! Like my dad, he had grown up on a farm and had lots of wood left over from an older barn and had big plans. I feel so sorry for those guys, esp the ones who really depend on smelt fishing. I love a good "smelt feed" in the winter and this year, I had not one!! Oh dear!!