Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogs & Babies!

lt_danish
March 31st, 2007, 03:50 PM
I saw an advertisement for a local company/trainer today. Their focus was dogs and babies/children. Transitioning both the family and the dog so all can get along and there are less of those "we had a baby so we have to get rid of our dog ads"! YAY! I hope there are more people like this is more cities across the country!

SARAH
April 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah! I don't see why a baby is a reason to dump a dog. If the introduction of the baby to the dog is handled correctly, there is no problem (most of the time).

Prin
April 2nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
It's like that joke where there's a classified ad looking to get rid of the kids because they got a new dog...

On a sort of similar topic-- I think it's the ASPCA or something that runs ads with kids saying their parents got rid of them for (insert lame reason here)... They're really good ads, IMO...

raingirl
April 2nd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah, but what if you already own a dog that you know isn't good with kids/babies? Then what do you do?

Loves Labs
April 2nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
I noticed in our neighbourhood, at the local Rec center, they dog training classes that include a course specifically designed for transitioning into having dog & new baby in the home. I think it's a great idea!