Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Food Change Update - Orijen!

Winston
March 31st, 2007, 02:59 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that I am very pleased with the outcome of my most recent food change..I switched from Hills Gastro over to DVP Duck and Potato and now over to Orijen! Almost a month and Winston has improved tremendously! He has the perfect poop! (if there is such a thing!) they are formed and not loose whatsoever! He likes the food! I think he has gained a little bit of weight but with spring here we will have some more time to play & get lots of excercise..

Also the itchies have decreased but that could also be because the furnace is not on as often these days! His coat is nice and soft and has a nice shine to it! There are 2 little patches of dried hair that were a bit on the white side and now they are almost as shiny as the rest of him...I also decided to give him the Wild Salmon and Fish oil one per day....he has been taking that for a week now...its funny because I just drop the fish oil gel cap into his food and he eats it with the kibble! (maybe I shouldn't talk to fast he will probably figure it out! :laughing:

The only down side is that there is only 1 store that sells it near me and I am not impressed with the store!

Thank you everyone for all the food advise ! It has helped alot!

Cindy

lt_danish
March 31st, 2007, 03:47 PM
YAY! Glad to hear Orijen worked out for Winston. I am currently in the transition period with Brighton, changing to Orijen as well.

Bentley'sMom
March 31st, 2007, 04:08 PM
I've also had a great experience with Orijen. My six year old golden retriever, Bentley, has been on it for a month. His fur is much thicker and shinier; no itches or yeast ear infections as when he was on Nutro. His energy level is great, too.

My one experience with Orijen customer service was excellent. I e-mailed to find out how much vitamin E is in the formula (couldn't find that info anywhere), because I wondered if I should give a supplement since I add salmon oil to his kibble. In less than 2 hours I got a reply - impressed to find out that the vitamin E is 450 IU/KG.

Also glad to hear that an Orijen fish formula should be available next fall.

Winston
March 31st, 2007, 04:08 PM
I forgot to mention that I used and am still using the Eadlepack Digestive Enzyme! That worked throughout the food transitions!

Cindy

Prin
April 1st, 2007, 07:13 AM
:highfive: Great news!