Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

raw poop - what does it look like?

technodoll
March 31st, 2007, 10:18 AM
You have heard that it turns white and crumbly and disintegrates by itself, not much to pick up or fill up garbages with... well, see for yourself: this is what "raw poop" looks like after a few weeks (dakotah "made" this in the deserted field not too long ago):

ps: this is his ONE poop of the day, for a 130 lbs dog, not too bad eh? it fits in the palm of my hand!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/field%20march%2030/pigeon030.jpg

erykah1310
March 31st, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hey, by the way... thats something you didnt warn me about lol
I tried picking it up the other day ( the ones that we're "left behind" ) I looked like a fool... litterally would turn to dust as soon as the shovel hit it.
Note to self... next winter stay on top of pooper scooping:D

technodoll
March 31st, 2007, 10:24 AM
erykah think of it as a really cool compost, don't bother with the pooper scooper! :D :laughing:

erykah1310
March 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM
lol, when it would "blow into dust" I thought to myself... "Self... perhaps go and get the shop vac" :laughing:
I just walked around kicking the turds... yards all clean now!:D

Prin
March 31st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Uh... After a few weeks, Jems and Boobs are like that too. :o

technodoll
March 31st, 2007, 11:36 AM
i've never seen kibble-turds turn to dust... they just lay there like brown bricks for years :o the city is littered with them! :frustrated:

erykah1310
March 31st, 2007, 11:42 AM
lol, well preserved!

Prin
March 31st, 2007, 11:42 AM
Do I really have to go take a pic? :laughing:

Scott_B
March 31st, 2007, 01:53 PM
When they get like that, i just walk on em, poof and they're gone. :thumbs up

Usually Roscos turn within a day or two.

Spirit
April 1st, 2007, 11:04 AM
ROFL @ "kick the turd" :laughing: :laughing:

Totally ironic that this thread is up. The other day I went to take Ben out for a poop, and all but one tiny little bit was not the same as his usual stools. I mean it was a log, but it was light in color, and turned to powder when I tried to pick it up.

I was totally like :eek: . I didn't know that happened. :laughing:

It's funny how good food really does make a difference though. Ben's 55 pounds, and sometimes I wonder if he just pooped or if it's the cat next door. After a year of this, you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but every time he poops, I can't help but think there's more to come out. One of these days I'm sure he's going to surprise me with a 5 lbs turd. :yuck: lol

One Beagle Girl
April 2nd, 2007, 10:34 AM
I love raw poop :lovestruck: it's so tiny....:laughing:

Thanks for the pic Techno! It's good to know that others analyse poop too. :p