IN THE AFTERNOON

WILL BE SCARED DOES NOT KNOW THE AREA
CALL IMMEDIATELY
CANADIAN DACHSHUND RESCUE
416 988 9741
647 290 6192

Luba
April 8th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Heidi was spotted today in the same area she ran off from!

Everyone pls keep your eyes and ears open. She is a timid little girl and responds better to female calling for her then men.

(Hoping it doesn't rain) This is her second night on the street.

I've been so worried about her!

chico2
April 8th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Oh no:( She's so small...must be hungry cold and afraid.I hope someone picks her up and soon...The owner must be frantic!!

Luba
April 8th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I was out until almost 1am last night, up early this morning, out 3x today with posters and searching for her...I'm pooped !

gonna go to bed early so I can get up early tomorrow to look again!

Sweet lil darlin I hope we find her soon.

chico2
April 9th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Luba,you are being absolutely wonderful heping to find this little pooch.Somebody must have picked her up,I know I would if I saw her,but I would also try to locate the owner. At least today it's a beautiful sunny day,she must be really exhausted by now and might not resist a stranger picking her up.
Hopefully she has a guardian angel looking out for her...actually she does and her name is Luba
:) Good Luck in finding her!!

Luba
April 9th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Ahh Anita you're too kind!

Well the owner is a neighbour and I helped place Heidi with him through Canadian Dachshund Rescue. So I am doing my best to find her. Have already been out again this morning and it's only 9am now, Sadie and I put up more posters and talked to more people!

She's got tags on and she is tattoo'd in the ear, so lets just hope nobody decides to keep her.

It was a dangerous area she took off in, busy traffic but also marshy field loaded with garbage from businesses that didn't want to pay to have their crap removed (note to self take pictures and send to city....it's horrid, I'll post the pics here when I take them) plus its right by train tracks.

My neighbour and I had a walk down those tracks yesterday and every step I took I had a lump in my throat.

Positive thinking though! Everyone send their positive energy this way for Heidi :D

chico2
April 9th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Oh Luba....trains,cars and dumps and a little dog:(
My heart goes out to her and all the positive vibes I can muster,she just has to be found!!!
You paint a scary dangerous scenario,but also one of determination and hope...Good Luck to Heidi!!!!

Chany
April 10th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Luba you are such a sweetheart. Not many people would do what you're doing. :) BOL in your search.

Luba
April 10th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Sadly and tearfully I write this thanking you all for your concern.

Beautiful little Heidi was found by railway employees, hit by a train less then a couple km's from where she had gone missing.

She did not suffer.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.

Sweet Heidi, we will miss you so!

chico2
April 10th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Oh Luba,that's so sad poor little darling,tears,tears and more tears:(
I felt like I knew her....but we know now she is not hungry or terrified anymore...

Luba
April 10th, 2004, 03:16 PM
She was a darling little girl.

We'll miss her so much, her daddy has had to deal with many losses and unfortunately this just added to it!

Thankfully she didn't suffer. The rail company is going to keep her tags and collar for us to give to him.

Going to tell him this morning, was one of the hardest things I had to do!

What a wonderful man he is, I can learn a lot from him.

hugs Anita

Lucky Rescue
April 10th, 2004, 03:26 PM
OH - I just read this thread. Poor little Heidi.:(

chico2
April 10th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Lot's of hugs to you too Luba,it must be heartbreaking...I hope she at least was loved and cared for for a while after being in a shelter.That's she knew what being loved is all about...as I am sure she did.
Hubbie is now convinced I am a"nut-case"crying for a dog I did not even know,but I had such high hopes little Heidi was going to be found:(

Luba
April 10th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks ladies.

You know, the day before Heidi went missing I had a vision of a hound dog in my head but I could not make out the breed. I could see this hound and all kinds of horizontal stripes....I thought it was a house with siding or something.

Someone on another pet board lost their pitty and I thought it had something to do with that dog, maybe running with a hound somewhere.

But the next day, I got the call Heidi was missing.

And until this morning, I never realized what I was seeing was Heidi and the train tracks.

I absolutely hate not being able to figure these visions out...this was a huge warning bell even before she went missing, the night before. Had I known, I could have warned her daddy to be extra percautious.

Heidi had been in foster care before coming to live with Ralph, so she has known love and felt safe and loved by him. She was not much for men but she loved him so very much.

She would go for walks with him and jump up on his scooter as he drove along the sidewalk. It was so cute! They were perfect together.

:(

Catt31
April 10th, 2004, 05:58 PM
:( I am sooo sorry to hear about Heidi!! We all had our fingers and toes and paws crossed here, hoping for the best! Poor poor little girl!! (It's hard to type through tears!!) Give Ralph a hug from us all!!! :(

mona_b
April 10th, 2004, 06:49 PM
((((((((( Luba,Heidi and Ralph)))))))))))))

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO very sorry.It's a hard thing to deal with a pet who has gotten out.It's even harder with an outcome like this.

I take it Ralph is a senior?My prayers are with him.And to you too.

RIP little girl.

Luba
April 10th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Tx Catt and Mona

Yes Ralph is retired, a veteran from the airforce and a sufferer of M.S. Heidi was his companion...he'd lost his wife and other dachshund within months of one another.

Thanks again hugs back

amaruq
April 10th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Crazy question here........but why not get Ralph another dog? He sounds like a wonderful fellow who is lonely and can use the companionship of a dog or cat?

I feel so sorry for you Luba having to tell him...its such a difficult thing to do isn't it?

I say again you are a wonderful person!

Luba
April 10th, 2004, 08:49 PM
amaruq (neato new avatar btw)

Ralph will need to make the choice himself. He's had many heartbreaks and losses as of late. He is a wonderful man! I think he'll let his heart rest awhile. I'll have my Sadie over to visit with him for company :D

(HUGS)

chico2
April 10th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Luba,Ralph seems like a good soul and I am soo sorry bad things always seem to happen to good people:(
Let him know how many people are rooting for him and crying for little Heidi and when he's ready he'll probably give another little dog a wonderful life...he's also very lucky to have you as a friend:)

Luba
April 11th, 2004, 09:45 AM
I've printed out some of the encouraging and supportive posts from you guys and from petfinder and I am going to deliver them to him today with a card. Sometimes reading about those who love dogs as much as you do, in your time of loss...helps to ease the pain and u don't feel so all alone. :D

Thanks all

chico2
April 11th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Yes Luba,give him a BIG hug from me!!!