Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gabby the tabby makes her own tea

clm
March 30th, 2007, 10:30 PM
The best thing we've ever done is adopt this little waif that appeared this winter. She's all personality and has the most beautiful green eyes.
This evening the hubby was out in the kitchen and he stepped in a big puddle of water. We keep a big deep water bowl out there for the cats, they like deep cold water. Anyway he sees one of the catnip mice is soaked and Gabby is playing with it, so he figures she accidently dropped it in the water and got it back out. He cleans up the mess and refills the bowl, seconds later she grabs another catnip mouse and drops it into the water bowl and then procedes to try to fish it out, dumping more water all over the floor. She gets it out and then starts drinking the catnip flavored water. Too funny, a cat's version of tea.

Cindy

TeriM
March 30th, 2007, 11:17 PM
She sounds adorable, cute story but where's the pictures :D .

clm
March 31st, 2007, 06:11 AM
Here's a pic of the little monkey.

mummummum
March 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM
What a little sweetie ~ Not to mention terribly clever ~ she knows how to make her catnip blast last ! :D

cpietra16
March 31st, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yup, you're little monkey looks like a catnip tea drinker:cloud9:

TeriM
April 1st, 2007, 01:09 AM
Awww, she is such a cutie :lovestruck: .

Quins-mum
April 1st, 2007, 02:57 AM
what an intelligent cat, and very boooootiful too. I want her!

Lukka'sma
April 1st, 2007, 06:58 AM
awww she's so cute

chico2
April 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM
Cindy,what a little sweetie:lovestruck: and lucky to end up at your doorstep:cloud9:

SARAH
April 1st, 2007, 08:40 AM
Pretty little kitty :cat: Cats are so smart, dogs learn what you teach them, cats figure it out themselves!

i_have_too_many
April 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
I found a catnip toy in the dog's water bowl before, that must have been what the cat was up to :laughing: Dogs do not seam to think it is that funny though, they would not drink the water until I changed it.

Your cutie looks exactly like a cat we had a few years ago, she showed up at our place looking like h**l warmed over. Missing half of her tail and large open sores all over her body. She must have been attacked by something. I named her Salty. She healed up nicely, but before I had a chance to get her fixed, she had kittens and something went wrong, she died very soon after.

jiorji
April 1st, 2007, 11:18 AM
cute cat

and I don't mean to ruin your fun but it's not tea she's making. Catnip is worthless dry because there's no juice left. So when you toss a cat a catnip pillow, don't they salivate all over it until it's fully wet before they start chewing on it?? Same thing with the water except it's less waste of saliva LOL:crazy:

RolandsMom
April 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM
what a gorgeous kitty! and shes smart too! lol. catnip tea.

Kodiak Bear
April 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
That great, you have one smart kitty. Some animals that that go outside, will eat certain plants. They are actually self medicating. They seem to know what they need, and act accordingly.

hazelrunpack
April 2nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
She's got such soulful eyes. Very pretty kitty :lovestruck:

too bad about the drug issue, though...tsk tsk nasty catnip habit :D :p

Maya
April 3rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
That is so cute and very smart of her. I used to actually make catnip tea, you can get the lose tea in health food stores, it is used as a sleep aid for people (very relaxing) even more so than chamomile. Anyway I was making it one day and I came in to the kitchen to find my cat on about two inches of counter space somehow cuddling with the microwave. After that I started getting him the good stuff.:)

She's a beauty.:lovestruck: