Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Back from the vet...

Colubridz
March 29th, 2007, 11:31 PM
...and the news isn't looking to good. For the last month our female cat mitten has been constantly puking and had terribly runny stools. Three weeks ago we went in and got blood and fecel tests done both which turned out negative and normal. We were given metridonaz as well as an anti-nausiant for a 14 day course, it seemed to make a bit of difference and her stools became a little bit more solid but the puking still happened every other day or so. After she was done the course of pills she went back to as she was before so we went back today for a follow up. After a physical examination the vet discussed a few possibile causes and she strongly believes it is irritable bowel syndrome.

She gave us perscription food specifically designed to decrease inflammed tissue and stronger anti-bitiotics before we do a liver biopsy to see if it helps in which case it would confirm the diagnoses while saving us a good bit of money. If we see no improvement however within 48 hours then we will discuss a good day for the liver biopsy as well as x-rays.

Luckily I've trained my mom well towards medical care and our cats ( which she bought for my brother and I when we were 5:rolleyes: ) and she is going to pay for everything.

Kayla

Hunter's_owner
March 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Sorry for all this. Hopefully everything will turn out okay:fingerscr
:thumbs up to your Mom for doing what she can to help out:angel:

chico2
March 30th, 2007, 07:44 AM
:pray: for your kitty and :highfive: for an understanding mother!
Please keep us posted...

Prin
March 30th, 2007, 09:21 PM
:grouphug: I hope your kitty will be ok.:goodvibes: :fingerscr :grouphug: