Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Solid Gold responds to my email...

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 11:51 PM
So I sent out an email, more of a plea, to the dog food companies we generally recommend in here, and I got an email back from Canidae, explaining their manufacturing processes in more detail (posted somewhere here), and I got one from Champion foods too, saying they agreed with me and don't take their responsibility as a pet food maker lightly...

And then I got an email from Solid Gold...

Dear Prin,

Thank you for your extremely heartfelt email. We at Solid Gold were extremely dismayed to hear about the recent Menu recall and horrified at the findings of rat poison in the finished formulas. We feed our foods to our own dogs and cats and take our quality control very seriously. While we have never had a recall on Solid Gold foods, I assure you that if the unthinkable ever happened and we found an issue with one or more of our formulas, we would act immediately.

On a personal note, I have attached a picture of my dog Cali, who I consider my third child and is my children’s best friend. She has been fed Solid Gold since she was weaned. I have a personal stake in our food besides just my job, as do all Solid Gold employees.

I hope your pets were not affected by the recent recall. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or further concerns.

Best regards,

Solid Gold

(I took the name out for her privacy, and included was a pic of a very pretty, happy Boston terror :D)

mafiaprincess
March 29th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Took a while.. but it was way more personal than anything else wow...

Wanna hit up TO and tell them we think we learned their secret cause they sure did blacklist my butt...

Prin
March 29th, 2007, 12:05 AM
lol I never got a response from TO about anything... They tend to fw their emails to the outside people (mine was sent to a distributor), and just ignore the non-forwardable emails...:o

I was blacklisted from SG too, so this email was especially surprising. :o

rainbow
March 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Nice email.....but wasn't there some sort of issue a few years back with Solid Gold's food?

Prin
March 29th, 2007, 12:36 AM
In the 70's they were fined for false advertising or something because the claims of their herbal remedies for horses weren't proven.:shrug:

rainbow
March 29th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I guess I'm confused......I thought there was something more recent than that. :shrug:

mafiaprincess
March 29th, 2007, 12:46 AM
You mean the summer formula change where they didn't change the bags and tried to lie about how they'd changed the ingredients so Prin and my dogs got sick with some other peoples from the immediate switch?

I also got a dog that smelled like barn till I took the bag back.. haven't touched SG since..

Prin
March 29th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I can't remember anything else right now. Just the formula changes... :shrug:

mydogs
May 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I just started my dogs on solid gold,do you think I should take them off?:)