Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

American Idol

coppperbelle
March 28th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I can't believe it but Sanjaya is safe for another week. :yell:
Someone has got to stop the teenie boppers from voting for this guy. I saw one sign that said something about voting for Sanjaya's kind. Now this is a race issue. :confused:
It's a singing contest for goodness sake.

RolandsMom
March 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
im shocked too. but you know there is a website supporting voting for the worst singer. its a cult thing now. so i guess they are all voting for him. he sux so badly its quite painful to watch and i feel embarrased for him!!!:frustrated:

brandynva
March 28th, 2007, 08:25 PM
It STINKS! He is HORRIBLE! It's a mockery to the good ones out there. I bet it must gall the good ones who are going home every week while his sorry ass is staying. Sorry for the language but this show makes me so frustrated! lol

Spirit
March 28th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Its gotta be the hair...

Byrd
March 28th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I had a feeling Chris would be oing home tonight.

Sanjaya's 'faux hawk' proved one thing, he would look much better with short hair.

Loves Labs
March 28th, 2007, 09:04 PM
It's just getting so ridiculous. Can you imagine he makes it all the way? That will be the end of American Idol for sure :(

AliSam
March 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I am just totally disgusted with the whole thing. Sure it was time for Chris to go but it was Sunjaya's time long ago.

happycats
March 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I can;t even watch anymore, I get my updates here:D
I really think they should take it out of the publics hands, and let the judges decide, after all they are the experts.

AliSam
March 30th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I have thought that all along....

Stacer
March 30th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I think it's hilarious that votefortheworst.com is dictating the winner. Isn't that how Taylor Hicks won? Cause really, if you want to have a successful music career that you can have control over, isn't it better to come in second or third? The winner becomes a puppet for the first few years of their career, if they even make it that far. I say GO SANJAYA!

Byrd
May 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Um...okay. :confused:

So, at least this maybe means that Jordan will win! :fingerscr

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM
who's left ?.... i didn't catch the show tonight... :o

Byrd
May 16th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Jordan :D and Blake :confused:

technodoll
May 16th, 2007, 10:08 PM
are you serious?! wtf? :eek: :mad:

i'm glad i stopped taking that show seriously. it's beyond stupid now! :frustrated:

joeysmama
May 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I was shocked at last night's outcome. SHOCKED !!!! I never get into AI until it gets near the end, the last half dozen or so. Because that's when it gets really good and the performances are so much fun to watch. But then when the season's over I forget about them. I don't follow their careers or become a fan.

But Melinda is so incredible. When she has an album I will definitely buy it ! I couldn't believe that she didn't win. The others are great too but she is so far above the rest in terms of talent that I think even the other two contestants didn't feel it was the right decision.

Holy cow !

badger
May 17th, 2007, 09:31 AM
'I think even the other two contestants didn't feel it was the right decision'

I agree with you. The 17-year old looked terrified.
Doolittle will get a contract, maybe even from Simon Cowell. I think her voice and her attitude (or lack of it) really impressed him.
Now I can stop watching AI a week early, which is a positive:rolleyes:

Dogastrophe
May 17th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Results such as this are the reason I stopped watching the show (I get my AI fix by osmosis these days - I'll be off reading while my wife is watching). This is the trouble with letting the masses decide talent ... they will always get it wrong.

I'd like to see the show go to a format where they have a hundred or so music execs, talent scouts, etc cast votes for the best each week. If that were the case the end results would be much much different.

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I'm glad Melinda got out... she is now free to do her own stuff, not locked in to a stupid contract doing bubblegum songs for a year... that's how the REAL artists get the good life - look at Daughtry, Clay Aikin, countless others. the only AI "winner" who ever got anywhere after the contract year was over is Kelly Clarkson.

yay for Melinda! she rocks and she'll let the world know it! :highfive:

Spirit
May 17th, 2007, 11:25 AM
But Melinda is so incredible. When she has an album I will definitely buy it ! I couldn't believe that she didn't win. The others are great too but she is so far above the rest in terms of talent that I think even the other two contestants didn't feel it was the right decision.

I think they were both shocked because she clearly has the best vocals, but something was always missing with her (to me). Melinda IS great, but she's as good as she's going to get, and there's no way she's going to leave without a contract anyway, so it doesn't matter if she leaves. She's already a winner.

When the show started, I was REALLY rooting for "That BeatBox Guy" to make it to the finals. There was about a 4 week period when I wanted him to leave, but over the last few weeks, he's really improved, and Jordin... wow. If she's that good at 17 with no training, she's going to be amazing with proper training.

A month ago, I would have said if Melinda is the ONLY one worthy of winning, but the fact is Jordin has climbed that ladder really fast and has the potential to be something really great, and Blake is just outstanding with his stage presence and independant style. Blake (imho) will make the most money, and will probably have the most singles with his diversity and style, wheras the girls both seem somewhat limited in that area, as well as target audience. He's the next Jason Mraz (he blew me away with that Thicke song).

Melinda WILL get a record deal (d-uh), and I'm sure that Jordin will too, but I love Blake. I've liked him from his first audition, but now that he's gaining confidence on the stage and starting to really grow into the position of fame, he's who I'm hoping to be the winner. I just hope he stays away from sappy ballads. lol

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM
uuggh! i can't STAND blake! he gives me hives and oh man, if he was ever on the radio i'd switch stations faster than you can say "loser"!!! :mad: i have noooo idea how come he ever got a ticket to hollywood in the first place :confused:

(sorry spirit!!)

Spirit
May 17th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Kinda like Sanjaya. :laughing: Oh, that poor bastage. :sad:

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 11:53 AM
he he - the ground swallowed him right up, didn't it? :laughing:

Spirit
May 17th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, well... he loved every minute of it. I certainly wasn't a fan, but I did love his attitude (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em). :highfive:

Byrd
May 17th, 2007, 04:56 PM
are you serious?! wtf? :eek: :mad:

i'm glad i stopped taking that show seriously. it's beyond stupid now! :frustrated:

Um... what about Jordan, she's the best out of all of them IMO. I've loved her since about halfway through. She has it all, an incredible voice, she's young, pretty, has an amazing attitude... etc. But, yeah, I agree, I kinda hope she doesn't win because the second place winners seem to have the better careers. :shrug:

Don't like Blake, to me he looks like Robin Williams and that kinda creeps me out, his mouth disapears when he sings and all you have left is a gaping hole. :p He's good at the beat boxing, but is not a good singer.

I seriously thought it would come down to Melinda and Jordan.

technodoll
May 17th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Don't like Blake, to me he looks like Robin Williams and that kinda creeps me out, his mouth disapears when he sings and all you have left is a gaping hole.

aaahahahha! LMAO!!! :D :D

Byrd
May 19th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Glad I could give you a good laugh! :D

Spirit
May 19th, 2007, 11:29 AM
You guys... LOL!

Jordin definitely deserves to win, but I still think Blake has more to offer to his target audience. I'm rooting for him to win, but they're both more than worthy of the title. They're just different. Jordin has the better vocals hands down, but Blake has a stronger sense of independant style and seems to get a higher energy reaction from the audience than Jordin. :shrug:

Sort of off topic, btw. Was anyone else completely blown away by Elliot Yamin? I don't remember him being half that good! Congrats to him! :highfive:

Byrd
May 23rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
Good thing I was home tonight to watch it as the results weren't given until 10:04!!! I would have missed it as the PVR always stops recording on the moment and even if I do try to set it to go over it won't. :frustrated:

And I must say YAY!!!! :D

If he had won... :mad: I listened to him with my eyes closed thinking that maybe if I didn't look at him he would sound better and nope, he sounded worse! I am very happy with these results, I pegged this from week 2 of the top 12. :highfive:

technodoll
May 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
yay for jordin! she deserved it and will do well, no doubt... and is it me or are her parents really reserved? :confused: :o

Byrd
May 23rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Her mom was crying. :shrug: