Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Udo's Choice Pet Essentials for Dogs

SuperWanda
March 28th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I have been meaning to ask if anyone has ever tried this supplement? They also make one for cats.

For dogs:
This all-vegetarian, powdered supplement provides crucial nutrients to augment your dog's normal daily diet. Contains a special blend of synergistic ingredients rich in essential fatty acids, digestive enzymes and phytonutrients with absolutely no fillers, binders or other non-nutrient ingredients.

Rich in organic seeds, whole foods, herbs, greens and trace minerals in their unaltered, natural state. This is a fantastic choice for a natural nutritional supplement to support overall health!

Fiber and enzymes help maintain regularity and support the digestive system.
Greens are rich in chlorophyll, minerals and trace elements.
Organic flax seeds support the cardiovascular system, help maintain good muscle tone and promote a healthy skin and glossy coat.

Ingredients:
Each 16 oz (454 g) contains a proprietary blend of: Udo's Seed Cake (flax seed*, defatted flax seed*, sunflower seed*, defatted sunflower seed*, sesame seed*, defatted sesame seed*, rice germ, rice bran, oat germ, oat bran), rice bran, carrot, whole golden flaxseed*, tomato, ginger, sprouted soybean, barley grass*, beet, chrysanthemum, Digestive Enzyme Blend (protease, lipase, amylase, cellulase, maltase, glucoamylase, invertase, pectinase, phytase, lactase), lemon grass, parsley, alfalfa*, artichoke, broccoli, burdock, hawthorn berry, kale, kelp*, milk thistle, red clover, yucca schidigera extract, dandelion root, dandelion leaf, oat grass, rosemary, sage, thyme, rye grass*, bee pollen, chlorella, dulse.

*Certified organic

rainbow
March 28th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I don't use it but it looks like a great product. Is it expensive and what is the dosage?

SuperWanda
March 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Feeding Recommendations:

Add the following amount of Pet Essentials each day to your dog's regular food. Give your dog free access to water.

Up to 15lbs....1 teaspoon per day
16-35lbs....2 teaspoons per day
36-70lbs....3 teaspoons per day
Over 70lbs....4 teaspoons per day

It was $25 for 16oz jar but that was at a more expensive health food store - I wondered if it would be a little cheaper somewhere else but I haven't really looked.

rainbow
March 28th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I know Udo's Choice is one of the most expensive brands....good products though. With two big dogs that jar wouldn't last long.

SuperWanda
March 29th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Yes - that is the problem!

I wondered if it was an ok price considering everything it contains?

Prin
March 30th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Well, I use Udo's choice Super 8 probiotics on my doggies and judging by what everybody else gets around here, they are more expensive, but they're much more potent too...

That supp looks pretty good, but it might stir up allergies if your dog has any.:shrug: It's sort of like the Solid Gold Seameal, or the Biologic vet Biovites... I don't know how much the biovites are but the seameal is comparable in price, I think...

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/showproduct.php?id=36&code=591
http://www.biologicnr.com/biologicvetnx/products/biovites.htm

SuperWanda
March 31st, 2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks Prin - I think you are right about the allergies - I have one allergy dog so I should be careful with those things.