Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Black cats are sooo hard to photograph!

JanM
March 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I got this one of Shadow this morning - he is such a neat cat!

CyberKitten
March 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Maybe it is me but I do not see a photo?

Chico has some lovely photos of her black cat (also named Chico) and I used to take pix of my black cat - when I was a child. (a much loved cat who lived a long 22 yys!) but any errors were mine alone - I am still not the best photographer, lol

JanM
March 27th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Oh crap! I forgot to include it! I was so excited to get a reasonably good picture of him I forgot it :sorry:

rainbow
March 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Well, it was worth the wait....you'll have to take more. :)

dmc123
March 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
They are tough to catch, I have deleted many duds of Harley and Huxley. Here's a good shot of them.

Diane

JanM
March 27th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Oh - DMC123 - your kitties are gorgeous! It always catches me by surprise when I see a black cat with a tail! Shadow is a rumpy ManxX and my last cat was too - so tails on cats are foreign to me :)

CyberKitten
March 27th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Awww, what beautiful;l cats!! I cannot resist black cats!!! They are so gorgeous!!!!

SunnysMum
March 27th, 2007, 06:59 PM
You are right about black cats being hard to photograph! We've taken hundreds of duds. But here is one I managed to get a few days ago. (too bad you can't see their cute faces!) Sunny actually let Salem on his window shelf.....but not exactly on the shelf -- luckily Salem is small enough to fit on the window ledge. Oh well, it's a step in the right direction!

dmc123
March 27th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks JanM, my girls' tails are almost as big as their bodies! lol Their older brother Cody, is part manx, no tail at all, so they still surprise me at times, too!

Diane

CyberKitten
March 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Has anyone ever read the Mad Cat Diary? They do a good job of photographing their kitty

http://siliconhell.com/madcat/diaries/madkitten151.htm

JanM
March 28th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Cyberkitten - what a cute story to read! and, yes, their pictures are good - looks like a fun kitty to be around..

rainbow
March 28th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Ooooo....more black cats. :cloud9:

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Soo adorable! :lovestruck: :cloud9:

chico2
March 31st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Beautiful black kitties,but you are right,I have yet to get a beautiful pic of my Chico,I don't know why that is,he is really pretty:cat:

badger
March 31st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Chico, I think you just disproved your point with those gorgeous pictures! Here's one of Bird, taken this morning:

JanM
March 31st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Chico2 your kitties are gorgeous! Beautiful shots of them.. Now that our weather has improved somewhat, I hope to get some nice outdoor shots of Shadow..

hazelrunpack
March 31st, 2007, 08:11 PM
:cloud9: Beautiful black kitties! :lovestruck: I love black cats. :thumbs up

chico2
April 1st, 2007, 07:30 AM
JanM,thank's,both pics are of my Chico,I only have one black kitty:)
Badger,those are a couple of the few that are quiet good,you really have to watch the lighting and background for a good pic,often he turns out looking dusty:laughing:
Love Bird:lovestruck: is he becoming a permanent resident,number???
A couple more of Chico,he loves playing with snowflakes,or raindrops:cat:

Maxine
April 1st, 2007, 07:56 AM
Me too Me too!! Hehe :cloud9: :lovestruck:

So here is 2 pics of my cats, Bonnie and Mallory. This thread made me realise that I have to do better. A LOT BETTER!!!!! :rolleyes:

Skryker
April 1st, 2007, 08:05 AM
So many pretty black cats! :cloud9: My first "my" pet (other than goldfish, lol!) was my little black cat Pepper. I'm on the wrong computer to post any pics (if I've managed to scan any in :o ).

Maxine, those are great pics, especially the cuddly pic. :lovestruck: If you think you need to do better, I can't wait to see pics that meet your approval! ;) :laughing:

Maxine
April 1st, 2007, 08:05 AM
and this is Miss Miew! Yup, she's still here with me!:p I need better pics of her too....

Skryker
April 1st, 2007, 08:12 AM
I just remembered that I had a pic of my fur niece and nephews on this computer!

Here's Sheba, Monty and Dexter (the very polydactyl!)

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/Arkayos/3_MouseI.jpg

Maxine
April 1st, 2007, 08:12 AM
oh my, i'm so sorry for the multiple posting, i just realise that i have pics of my boyfriend's cat, Stereo! She's black too!!(well obviouly, if she wasnt i wouldnt me posting in this thread..duh) :cloud9:

sryker, beautiful pic!!!! :cloud9: Bonnie and Mal are very polydactyl too :lovestruck:

Skryker
April 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM
The more pics, the better! :D

It's hard to me to remember that my bro's cats were all semi-feral kittens and that Dexter came back to my bro just over a year ago and was untouchable and forever hiding (the man that had him had to call my brother anytime Dexter needed anything done to him because only my brother could touch the cat at all, so it was just better for Dex to rejoin his siblings/cousins/however they are related colony mates). :laughing: He's over that now!

TeriM
April 2nd, 2007, 01:27 AM
I love :love: black kitties. Great pics everyone :cloud9: .

chico2
April 2nd, 2007, 07:19 AM
Awww,all these mini black Panthers,beautiful!!

JanM
April 2nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
You're right, Chico2, every one is special! I still get a kick out of all those beautiful tails :)

rainbow
April 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Awesome black kitties....keep them coming. :cloud9:

SunnysMum
April 3rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
Hi - I was going to post these on there own, but remebered there was a 'black cat' thread going -- such beautiful cats :cloud9: -- So, I thought I'd add our little Salem here!

Such a serious little guy -- he's going to get that evil stick!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/SunnyMum/Cats008.jpg

Here is a picture my daughter took that shows how cute he is!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/SunnyMum/Cats005.jpg

He's just a little doll! :lovestruck:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/SunnyMum/Cats004.jpg

We'll add some of Sunny soon! I'll get my daughter to take some of him -- she seems to be much better at taking pictures of these little guys than I am!

chico2
April 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Awww,what a little cutie,looking forward to seeing Sunny!

Maxine
April 3rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
OHh!!! Salem is adorable!!! I really really like the first pic with the evil stick!!

onster
April 3rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
My first post: my ridiculously hard to photograph onnie (for onyx) :) His 'so did u bring me food?' face lol

Maxine
April 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
haha!! I love his face!! :p You have a very cute kitty!!

onster
April 3rd, 2007, 05:54 PM

onnie and his gf (he actually carries that stuffed cat toy with him from room to room!) and his fav toy :) hehe yeah he isn't totally white, he's got a little white heart on his belly, so cute! lol can u tell im a proud mommy? Adopted him in december and he's only just starting to get out of his shell :).

onster
April 3rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
last ones promise ! ( for now hehe) Showing off his tail, lady at the shelter said he was half manx - don't think so though. And his 'u know im sexy, me-ow' pose LOL

KittyCat
April 4th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I took a photo of 7 black cats at once a while ago. There were more, actually, but they were a bit restless, like any black cat, and didn't want to stay all in the picture.

chico2
April 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Onster,there he is,he is sooo cute:lovestruck:
My Chico also has a whiteish heart on his tummy:cat:

rainbow
April 4th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Sunnysmum, I love the first pic of Salem getting his evil stick....he looks like a panther. :cloud9:

Onster, I love the first pic of Onyx peeking between the spindles. :lovestruck:

KittyCat
April 5th, 2007, 04:11 AM
http://www.flickrcombat.com/flickrimage/o,1168866156000,2884.jpg

Look what I found, the sweetest black kitty cat.

chico2
April 5th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Here's a pic of baby Chico(9 yrs ago),no shame:laughing:

JanM
April 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Kittycat - your kitty is absolutely gorgeous!