Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone have any idea how much an Escape Hybrid costs??

erykah1310
March 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I love the truck I drive at work, ( well SUV but from here on out its going to be refered to as a "truck" K??? :D )
I have been driving it for almost a week now, and just finally had to fill it up, it had a little over half a tank of gas in it when I first started driving it.
The one im driving is a full hybrid, not a mild one.
I searched the ford site briefly and lost patience, so I figured... perhaps the pets.ca crew could help me out, much better than throwing my puter out the window.:frustrated:

erykah1310
March 27th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Oooh, Cancel that!!!

Does anyone know if Civic Hybrids are available in Canada? And where would one find this information?????

This is one nice car.
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Hybrid

CyberKitten
March 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM
It starts at 22,600 - that's a great price actually!!! I may look into that - relive my young life as a teenager with my Honda Civic only this time one that's a hybrid. <g> (And I claimed to be an environmentalist then, sigh!) I really adored that car!!! I am waxing nostalgic here I know but I liked how it looked and how it handled and it had front wheel drive - I'd like a bit more than that now tho. Plus would I have survived my crash with Bullwinkle in a Honda? Not likely! Decisions, decision!! I could drive it around the city but that was going to be for my Smart Car, lol

I need a Smart SUV that can handle moose!

Skryker
March 27th, 2007, 07:43 PM
The escape is a leetttlle more expensive than that-

http://www.ford.ca/main/default.asp?language=en&section=1&source=&sVehCategory=FordSUVs&model=Escape+Hybrid

Frenchy
March 27th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I work for Ford and couldn't even tell you how much they cost :laughing: I never take time (I mean have time) to look at the prices. Did you see the 2008 Escape ? It's a bit different looking, pretty cool :thumbs up

dustybird
March 28th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I have a 2002 escape and I looove it, I even went off roading by accident once and she handled it like a charm (long story, lets just say I was right and he was wrong about it being a road). Anyway I am really impressed about the fuel milleage I get. We drive from Peterborough to 2hrs west of Fort Frances every spring and then home in the fall and fill up 4 times. Can make it to Timmins on one tank with the ac going(and packed to the gills with crap). 2007 she is still like new and still have the factory tires on and front brakes done once and not the rotars yet. I also love the fact that when the seats are folded down they are flat, don't have that incline that some do. She can hold a lot of stuff. You can get one of those cow catchers for the front but I don't know if they really do anything or just look cool.

Anyway if I could have afforded the hybrid at the time I would have got it. Also in 2002 it rated #1 for saftey, haven't had to try it on the moose or deer yet(knock on would never have to), god it will kill me to hit something(emotionaly). Ford has a contest right now to win a 2008 escape(didn't notice if it was the hybrid or not).

Anyhoo just my :2cents: on the escape. I would love to afford a vehicle that didn't need reg gas, that fuel from corn(can't remember the name) but then there aren't enough gas stations around for those yet.

Whatever vehicle one gets definately get the one time undercoating done, they do the under carriage, around the tire wells, door jams(can't see it), around the hood and back/trunk. Every couple years you have it checked and they touch it up for free and garuntee no rust for like 10 years(where sprayed). 5yrs and maybe 10 carwashes, good ol Canadian salted streets and so far no rust :fingerscr (oh ya the company was protech seal). I feel like a commercial.

Well time to get ready for the furries vacc appointment, everyone have a fabulous day:D .

erykah1310
March 28th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Ehtanol fuel....
We have had that stuff here for years, I cant remember it not being here actually.
However I have never considered using it. Apparently you can put it in any vehicle but im not so sure on that one, which is possibly why I never bothered putting it in.:shrug:
I would liketo know though if you really can put it in any vehicle ( gas powered obviously) because I wouldnt mind spending my money on a better for the environment fuel.

I am way more leaning towards a Civic now, than the Escape. But none the less, I really would like to get a hybrid. Too bad Tiburons arent hybrid yet.:frustrated:

Schwinn
March 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I believe ethanol mixes are safe for most cars, but pure ethanol needs a special engine. I know Co-op is ethanol, and I've filled up there before without problems.

As for the hybrid vehicles, the only issue I have is that if two cars are identical except one is hybrid and one is not, it's going to cost an extra $10k for the hybrid (at least, that's how it was 2 years ago). The amount I save in gas will not pay for the additional cost for the hybrid, and I'm not in a position to pay that much extra.

I've got a 2002 Mazda Tribute which is identical to the Escape (I have a relative and a friend with one, one a year newer, one the same year. You could blindfold us and put us in each other's cars, and we'd still find everything. They are identical, save for some trim pieces). I really like it, except I do wish it had a little more room once you load the dog and the kid for a road trip. Once Schwinn Jr #2 comes, we'll be looking at a roof box. My only complaint is I can't get a 5 speed with the 6 cylinder, and the 4 cylinder is WAAAY under powered. Plus, we're looking at towing a trailer in the next year or two, and I don't think it's a good idea to tow anything with a four if you want to keep the vehicle for a long time. I find the mileage isn't great, but then our other vehicle is a Mazda5 which gets phenomenal mileage, so it's unfair to compare.

krdahmer
March 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I know what you mean schwinn... you never make up that 10 grand extra, BUT the whole point of driving a hybrid is that they are better for the environment I thought. Not just all about saving money on gas. It's a shame they are so high priced cause I know many many of us would be driving them if they were comparable to their non-hybrid counterparts. :shrug:

Schwinn
March 29th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I have no problem with trying to help the enviroment for the sake of the enviroment, but when it comes to spending almost a years salary on a vehicle...yea, then I have bit of an issue. Eventually, they'll come down in price, then we'll take another look. Besides, the next vehicle will have to be bigger with Jr #2 on the way, and other than luxury SUV, they don't make anything hybrid and big enough.

The hybrid pick-ups are on thier way, I'm hoping they make one of those in a four door (and in my price range!)