Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Roxy bolted out front door yesterday!!Now what...

heidiho
March 27th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Ok here is how it happend,i let her sit in the chair by the door and momma cat was out there,so i went outside and sat there petting her,then i took her and held her up so roxy could see her up close(dumb i know) so when i opened the door to go back in she bolted right out,happend so fast i think she came to a dead stop right on the sidewalk and i grabbed her,i cant believe it happend,i guess it was my fault,no more chair at door for her,do you think she will start trying to get out now??

rainbow
March 27th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I would say it's definitely a good possibility. Be careful.

LM1313
March 27th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I'd be careful, just in case!

heidiho
March 27th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah her chair by the front door privleges are no longer.I really never in a million years thought she would sprint out that door,maybe slowly try to get out,but it was like lighting yesterday,probably not the smartest thing on my part,sitting there petting the cat while she is watching..

rainbow
March 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hopefully, she won't start meowing non-stop to go out.

heidiho
March 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I hope not to,the only time she meows at the door is when she heres us coming home,or when i go out there to feed them,like yesterday after that i shut windows,moved chair and she just went over to her condo and looked out window,didnt cry or anything,i am still in shock that this happend,it is like my worst nightmare.

rainbow
March 27th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hopefully, it shocked her too and she's forgotten about the "great outdoors". :fingerscr

heidiho
March 27th, 2007, 07:27 PM
That is what i am hoping,alls i keep hearing though is the vet asst telling me once they go outside it is over,but roxy was only out for about 2 seconds,so i dont know

H.P.
March 27th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Jo has always done the dart outside and freeze, it is kind of funny, because she always goes to the same spot and stops. As long as I realize that she is out with in about 10 minutes she will still be there and I can just go and pick her up, and she thinks I rescued her. She doesn't try it often though, it is too scary! Hopefully Roxy will feel the same way.:fingerscr

heidiho
March 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM
That is what i think she did,it really was just so fast,but i think she just froze on the sidewalk and i grabbed her,the momma cat was laying right there,kind of curious what momma would do if i let them get face to face without a door,but it is never gonna happen,i mean roxy knows nothing about cars,streets,people,i hope this never happens again,maybe it was beause of what i did that she did that,cause when mark came home she didnt try it,or when he went back out the door she didnt then either.