Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ESCAPE! (ES-COP-EH a la Dori)

krdahmer
March 26th, 2007, 09:22 PM
9AM....who rings the doorbell at 9AM????!!!!:frustrated:

Well the Fedex man, thats who.:rolleyes: I threw on my housecoat and glasses(thank goodness) and went to open the door. Little did I know that was the start of my day, I had every intent on heading straight back to bed.

BUT...as I was signing that silly little price checker dohickey, Buddy decides mummy is sleepy enough to attempt the great escape.

He darted out of the house and just as I realized that he was out (my reflexes are NOT impressive at 9AM) I catch him looking left to the backyard and then right to the front yard, standing just behind the fedex man on the concrete car port.

As soon as the fedex guy turned and asked 'what he cant go out?', Buddy made a run for it, across to the neighbours and then across the driveway and across the lawn like he's heading for the road :eek: and then finally into my super muddy front flower bed. Me and the fedex guy hot on his tail the whole time, IN MY PJS (tg for the housecoat! there were rolls swingin every which way I was so panicked).

I finally get close enough and grab him and he starts his whining and growling at being caught. And thus ended his first escape attempt at our new house. Needless to say, after that excitement I was up for the day with only 5 hrs sleep.

Sneaky little bugger... I should have known though to be more careful, the boys are all a bit randy (but fixed) right now with spring fever cause I've had the windows open and all their birdy friends are back. Spring is in the air.:D

RolandsMom
March 26th, 2007, 09:39 PM
lol. im sorry to laugh but hell, at least you know when it starts like that it can only get better!!!!
they sure can be fast when they want to be! be thankful he didnt scoot up a tree!!!

krdahmer
March 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM
LOL... thats why I took him in, he sort of belonged to a neighbour but after watching him dangle from a really really high tree branch for about 5 minutes till he found something to claw onto, I went and asked if I could take him. I nearly had a heart attack that day and he wasnt even mine yet!

Smiley14
March 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Oh, LOL! Forgive me for laughing, but the mental image is just too priceless. :) So glad you caught her though!!! And that was nice of the FedEx man to join the chase! What a start to the day, LOL!

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 08:38 PM
:grouphug: Fed ex guys, eh? Causing all sorts of trouble.:D