Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Iams cans and the recall

crazyforcats
March 26th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I mix a small amount (1 tbsp) of canned food in with my puppy's dry food - I was having issues with her taking forever - as in a couple of hours - to finish her meals. Now, with the canned food mixed in her bowl is empty - and polished all sparkly - in 5 minutes.

So, the food I'm using is the Iams canned dog and puppy pate types. Until now the recall has been for the "in gravy" types, so I thought I was safe. But now I'm confused - are they recalling all of the Iams canned foods? I gave my puppy a different brand of food tonight just in case. Are all my other Iams cans garbage now?

RolandsMom
March 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
i have no idea but honestly if it was me i would return the Iams to where you bought them and keep him on something else. rather be safe than sorry.:shrug:

erykah1310
March 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I agree with Rolands mom, i would return them and find something else. You never know right....

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Definitely find something else. Whether they're recalled this minute or not, they're potentially harmful, and are just not worth the risk. If you need advice for better quality canned foods, let us know...

Merrick and Fromm make good canned foods that are definitely not affected by the recall (as far as I know).