Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Think We Have A Winner

Lukka'sma
March 26th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Well today is day seven of the food switch for Lukka and I am so happy with the Orijen. Two days now with no Innova added in. In the last four days Lukka has been having firm poops, not smelly like the cowpatty poops, not even a little bit too soft, but very nicely formed firm poops:thumbs up
Seems strange to be so happy about the consistency of her stools but since we brought her home almost a year ago firm stools have never happened.

~michelle~
March 26th, 2007, 06:25 PM
soooo AWESOME!!!!! :D i understand the great poo challang to well

erykah1310
March 26th, 2007, 06:32 PM
YAY Lukka!!!!:D
Im glad Orijen is working out, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for many many days of firm poop to come!:fingerscr :D

rainbow
March 26th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Ahhh....happy poopland. :D Glad you found a food that agrees with Lukka. :highfive:

worrier
March 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Keep us updated...I guess you already are lol. We are considering this food as well, my wife loves the pictures on the site :rolleyes: :laughing: (and the "steamed russet potatoes").

RaYne
March 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Glad to hear the Orijen is working out so well for Lukka. :thumbs up

I'm thinking about buying Orijen to mix in Bubba's Innova. He could use a little 'extra'. But I'm not quite ready to feed the high protein stuff exclusively yet.

Cram
March 26th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Yay! I'm glad the Orijen is working for you. I've heard so many good things about it, and we're going to switch Helix to the Orijen Puppy. He definitely loves it too- he actually ate the little bit I gave him and licked the bowl clean (this is certainly not normal for him!). He now picks the Orijen kibble out of the mix with the Innova (silly puppy) but his stools have been fairly firm so far (maybe a little soft, but definitely not runny).

I found the Orijen people very helpful as well, they were willing to send me a sample because I didn't want to purchase it at Petland because they sell puppies and kittens, and it's the only place I can get it right now. I'm going to ask my pet food place to order it in for me (they said they can order it with their regular Acana order).

angeldogs
March 27th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Yay Lukka:highfive: :thumbs up
i hope the new food keeps working for you.

Winston
March 27th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Hey Lukka...week 2 for me and Winston has firm poops too! He is actually enjoying this food! In the first week he ate more than his normal amount and now he has settled with the regular amount he is used too! I am very happy with Orijen!!

Cindy

Lukka'sma
March 27th, 2007, 07:27 AM
He is actually enjoying this food!

I have found that Lukka is enjoying this food as well. With all the switches we have done she has had the chance to try many foods, but has never been excited to eat any of them. Orijen has a flavour she can't get enough of. She used to let her food sit and would skip a meal from time to time but not with this food. Down the hatch as soon as I give it to her.

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 07:12 PM
That's good news! Great for Lukka. :)