Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SOLID GOLD Seameal

Goldens4Ever
March 26th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I have read & heard a lot of positive things about Solid Gold Seameal, & I finally purchased some today for Goldie & Aspen. Anyone else use this product or have used this in the past? Any comments on it?

Dog Dancer
March 28th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I have used it and my dogs love it. I know Prin has used it alot, but not sure if she's still using it or not. I can't say I was diligent about it so I really don't think I can comment on the health benefits, but from all I hear you can't go wrong with it.

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I actually stopped using it... It ended up being too much flax for my doggies and Boo got especially itchy on it... :o As long as your dog doesn't have any issues with flax, it's a pretty good supplement.

Goldens4Ever
March 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Oh, that's right. I vaguely remember you mentioned flax & how it made yours a bit itchy. Their Omega 3, 6, 9 complex capsule has flax in it & they don't have any issues with it, so they will likely not have problems with the Seameal.

Thanks for responding. :)

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 10:08 PM
If you see scratching or licking, stop asap though, because it seems to get worse and worse, even a while after stopping.:o

Goldens4Ever
March 28th, 2007, 10:11 PM
If you see scratching or licking, stop asap though, because it seems to get worse and worse, even a while after stopping.:o

I will certainly keep an eye out for that. How soon do you think I would see something?

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Within a few days... I also didn't use nearly as much as they said on the canister... They suggest a ton, IMO... :o I gave both about 1 tsp a day, and that seemed to be enough.:o

coppperbelle
March 29th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I was using it for awhile with Chloe. After only one day on it Hunter began to scratch madly. I realized it was the flax in the Seameal and when I stopped giving it to him he stopped scratching. Even with all Chloe's skin problems flax doesn't seem to bother her.