Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gracie is learning new things

Dogastrophe
March 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM
:thumbs up It's been just over a week since Gracie got up the nerve to leave the comforts of her room and venture into the unknow amongst two uncouth mutts. She is (most of the time) walking very confidently by the pups and doesn't take much crap from them.

Since that time she has learned all sorts of new things from the dogs.

Like:

how to beg and where to line up at treat time:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/DSCF0049.jpg

which window is the best to look out of:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/DSCF0067.jpg

and which dog is swattable and which is not!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/DSCF0064.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/DSCF0056.jpg

CyberKitten
March 26th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I love the photos!! Gracie looks like she has really settled in - you have done so well with and for her!!!! You are more than an angel!!!!!!

Give her (and the pups) an extra hug for me!!

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 03:54 PM
OMG,those pics are soo great,I am very happy for Gracie and you,it looks like everything is going to be great:thumbs up
Gracie is one very lucky kitty and adorable too:lovestruck:

rainbow
March 26th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Cute pics. :lovestruck: So, Gracie is now the boss of the house :queen: .....didn't we tell you it wouldn't take long? :laughing: Glad to hear everything is going so well. :)

Dracko
March 26th, 2007, 05:41 PM
So nice and a lesson for those that try to integrate pets. They have to be given their own time to feel comfortable. Do the dogs ignore her overall? My dog occasionally decides he is going to "play" with the cats and they don't have a choice unless they run away. They love it, though, and if I pick them up they go right back and get slobbed all over.

RolandsMom
March 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
oh those are so awesome! what a super ending to a very inspiring story!
well done on your patience and love!
:crazy: whoohoo!!! :crazy:

Dogastrophe
March 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM
So nice and a lesson for those that try to integrate pets. They have to be given their own time to feel comfortable. Do the dogs ignore her overall? My dog occasionally decides he is going to "play" with the cats and they don't have a choice unless they run away. They love it, though, and if I pick them up they go right back and get slobbed all over.

In all the excitement when we let them out of their crates when we get home, they will pay a lot of attention to her and attempt to sniff her all over. She will usually head for higher ground (easier to swat at them from an elevated position :D ). However, as the evening progresses they will often ignore her. Every once in a while, they will get off the couch, go to give her a quick sniff, then head back to the couch.

Lucy still gets a bit excitable when Gracie moves really quickly, but otherwise they are fine together. Last evening, Lucy picked up a ball and dropped it in front of Gracie. This is one of Lucy's invitation to play moves. Gracie didn't take the bait though.

We couldn't be happier with the progress they are all making.

Dracko
March 26th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Lucy still gets a bit excitable when Gracie moves really quickly, but otherwise they are fine together. Last evening, Lucy picked up a ball and dropped it in front of Gracie. This is one of Lucy's invitation to play moves. Gracie didn't take the bait though.

Very cute.

The thing that brings me the most joy about my cats and dog is seeing them interact together. I am fortunate that all of my cats now are not afraid of my dog. Two of my older cats that are now gone never took to him after 5 years of being around him.

angeldogs
March 27th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Those are great pics.i love the last one.the evil eye stare down.:laughing:

TeriM
March 27th, 2007, 01:22 AM
It makes me so happy to see how well Gracie is looking and fitting in. She is so lucky that you rescued her :lovestruck: .

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Great pics, Dogastrophe. She looks like she's trying to fit in. :cloud9:

Dogastrophe
March 29th, 2007, 06:04 AM
She is now pretty much one of the gang. She has pulled the death from above move on Jack a few times, which scares the hell out of him :eek:

Last night she came up on the bed and curled in for a few hours ... about a foot away from Jack. :)

She understands the awesome power of the squirt bottle and, like the dogs, only has to see it get picked up to know that she is somewhere that she shouldn't be.

She also knows that anytime anyone goes into the kitchen that it is the purrfect time to begin the begging routine. (We've created a begging monster!! :crazy: )