Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Eye Goobers

Jamiemar
March 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM
OKay, so I know I probably have to go to the vet for this but if I can avoid yet another vet bill I figure I'll ask ya'll first. So, my 4yo lab has starting getting really bad eye goobers in the last few days. They are a a yellowey color. I was wondering if there is a home rmedy I can use or something I can pick up at a pet store.

Thanks

clm
March 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
You need to know what's causing it....if it's only been the last few days, then it's not normal for your dog. Only way to find out is a trip to the vet I'm afraid.

Cindy

Jamiemar
March 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I will make an appt this afternoon but, I was wondering.... A friend said that it could be something he caught from the dog that we have been sitting since last Wed. She doesn't have any signs of the same issue but, I was told that things like that can happen. Any ideas?

clm
March 26th, 2007, 01:55 PM
neither of my dogs had ever had anything like that. I have one cat who does quite often have runny eyes, but he's got a lot of allergies in spring and fall especially, so it's quite normal for him.

Cindy

rainbow
March 26th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Any eye goobers with colour to them need to be seen by a vet. If it's an infection he will need antibiotics.

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I agree with rainbow... Let us know how it goes.:)