Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Your favorite garden flowers

Lukka'sma
March 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
With the growing season just around the corner I was wondering what your favorite garden flowers are.
My three top favs are
1. Hollyhocks. I love them.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/toffee333/000_0012.jpg

2. Peonies, oh my goodness I can almost smell them
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/alysgram/HPIM0815.jpg

3. Delphiniums in this beautiful light powder blue colour
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/England58.jpg

jessi76
March 26th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Daisies!

Little daisies and the big Gerber daisies are my favs

Winston
March 26th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Oh! I love peonies, azalea's, and Iris's!

Lukkasmom! I have a black hollyhock! Have you seem that one!

Cindy

breeze
March 26th, 2007, 12:45 PM
they come in yellow also

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Oh,flowers,great stuff,I have no absolute favorites LOVE your Delphiniums,here are a few of mine..

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM
some more..

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Lilys,love'em!

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 12:53 PM
almost done:)

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 12:56 PM
last,I promise:laughing:

papillonmama
March 26th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I love sunflowers.

I had a beauty last year, but the raccoon who lives on my roof ate it before I could get a picture.:sad:

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 12:57 PM
and just a couple of my roses...that's it(for now!)

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM
oh well,did I say last ones:confused: just a couple more...LOVE my flowers!!

glasslass
April 9th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Ah, Chico! You forgot the Balloon Flowers! Mine aren't blooming yet!:sad: But soon!:lovestruck:

Cinnabear
April 9th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Chico your funny. :D You have beautiful flowers, want to come and do my garden.:lovestruck: I lived here 5 years and my peonies and bleeding hearts have not bloomed yet.

trippincherri
April 11th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I have no digital photos of my flowers, and don't feel like scanning any right now lol.

But I love lilies of any color, and daisies.
As soon as mine are blooming this year I will take pics for you all to see.

chico2
April 11th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I'll check and see if I can find my Balloon-flowers,all my flowers are from last year.The purple ones in the first pic are the Balloonflowers,can hardly see them in the second pic.
I too love Lillies and Daisies,especially the Lillies that bloom all summer,the yellow ones,don't remember the name:confused:

Hunter's_owner
April 11th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Beautiful flowers everyone. My favourites are tulips:cloud9: I also like roses and Chico, yours are beautiful.

Every year for Mother's Day my Mother's rhododendrons are usually full of flowers, they are quite the sight too. She has had people stop and comment on how beautiful they are, but it seems unlikely they will be flowering that early this year, maybe in time for Father's Day:D

happycats
April 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Good thread Lukka's ma!!

I love flowers and gardening, and it's hard to pick just one, so here are a few of my favorites Morning Glories, and Rose of SHaron.

And I love everyones pics!

chico2
April 12th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Happycats,I love Morning Glorys,don't have any though...I have 3 Clematises growing on my fence,they get terribly bugeaten every year,might take them out.
Hunters owner,I have 9 rose-bushes a few of them about 25yrs old,they are beautiful,but problems with black-spots,no matter what I do.
I am one of those weird people who go out every morning and check to see what's coming up in the spring,even though like today,it's totally miserable outside:p

happycats
April 12th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Chico2 , I get the morning glorys from Dollarama (3 packs for $1.00!) I love them, and have them growing all around my shed.

Oh I love black eyed suzie's too (although DH hates them, says they remind him of his grandmothers couch:rolleyes: ) and they are soooo easy to grow.

chico2
April 12th, 2007, 08:27 AM
I am not great at growing from seeds,prefer to buy the plant:confused: otherwise I am known to have a"green thumb":laughing:
I have tons of Black-Eyed Susans,as do my friends,since I have to split them every year...they spread like crazy,but I like them.

glasslass
April 23rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
Spring roses are the best! A co-worker brought in this beauty. Of course, we got creative and ended up with the second pic. Don't worry, we put it back in water after the shot.

happycats
April 23rd, 2007, 06:15 PM
okay I have a question, whats a good plant that's drought tolerant, doesn't mind shade, and blooms from may to snowfall?? sorry to go :offtopic:

hazelrunpack
April 23rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
okay I have a question, whats a good plant that's drought tolerant, doesn't mind shade, and blooms from may to snowfall?? sorry to go :offtopic:

I've been looking for this wonder plant, too--so if anyone has seen it, let me know! :laughing:

Keep in mind I have a green thumb...only it's moldy green :o

But I did have pretty good luck with the peonies last year:

Wish I could see all the other flower pics, though... :sad: dratted dial-up! Likely won't be able to see mine next time I get in this thread, either... :laughing:

happycats
April 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
I've been looking for this wonder plant, too--so if anyone has seen it, let me know! :laughing:

Keep in mind I have a green thumb...only it's moldy green :o

But I did have pretty good luck with the peonies last year:

Funny, my neighbour LOL too when I asked her the same question!:laughing:

chico2
April 24th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Blooming all summer:confused:
Some bushes bloom all summer,some of the ones I have are Primrose,different kinds of Spiraea and of course my favorite,Buddleja(butterflybush),Roses are also really tough,bloom until the first coldsnap.
Blackeyed Susans,Purple Coneflowers,Shasta Daisies,then I have a yellow lily(forgot the name)that also blooms all summer,I am sure there are many more,just can't remember..