Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Recall extended

coppperbelle
March 26th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I thought this needed it's own thread and could not find one anywhere so I am hoping that I have just told everyone what they already know. :) m
I heard it on Global this morning and went to the Menu web site. I have been out of the loop all weekend so as I said this may be old news.

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/PRESS%20RELEASE03241409.htm

RolandsMom
March 26th, 2007, 10:58 AM
do these recalls extend to canada??? cause i havent seen anything taken off the shelves here yet, and if so i will make it my day today to go around and give them hell. :D

technodoll
March 26th, 2007, 11:06 AM
i heard on montreal radio this morning that the recall affected all wet foods produced by Menu foods... they were warning consumers to avoid these products because of the rat poison contamination... wonder how many people will actually listen, or care? I saw THREE stores this weekend that STILL had the affected wet food pouches on their shelves. it's a disgrace. :frustrated:

Cathy1
March 26th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I was at Global Foods this morning and they have pulled all their recalled food. I used to feed Duke & Jasper Nutro dry but decided to change to Innova. I also read this article this morning.

Woman Blames Dog's Food for Illness

An Ottawa woman says she became sick after eating a brand of dog food that has been recalled throughout Canada and the United States.

The woman said she noticed her dog wasn't eating so she took bites of the food herself to try to trick her pet.

She said she suffered loss of appetite, vomiting and foaming at the mouth, while her dog also became sick.

Ontario-based Menu Foods has recalled all varieties of its wet dog and cat food after at least 16 animals died after eating the food.

U.S. authorities discovered rodent poison in samples of the food, which was sold under brand names such as Iams, Nutro and Eukanuba.

In Canada, the recall also covers Loblaws President's Choice brand, as well as the house brands for Dominion, Sobeys and other supermarket chains.

rainbow
March 26th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I've heard the updated recall states that ALL brands on the recall list should be pulled from the shelves even if the dates/codes don't match.

Prin
March 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
It's not going to be over for a while, IMO... As the lab results come in, more is going to be recalled...

Scary
March 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
It's not going to be over for a while, IMO... As the lab results come in, more is going to be recalled...

Agreed... :sad: Its why I'll take ALL my Nutro wet products back... and I switched Luna's kibble last week too (by coincidence), to Innova EVO.

The news above is from a few days ago, but the more info / refreshers out there the better I say! WE have to keep each other informed as 'the industry/media' may not...

To that end, I just saw this posted last night on the MenuFoods site - its an FAQ update:
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/FAQ_Consumer.htm