Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ringworms

bacardi06
March 25th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Hello all, this is my first post.

My cat's name is bacardi. He's a good cat ;). But he doesn't drink bacardi as much as I.

He had a ring worm the vet decided, so he gave me meds and I applied and it went away. But now he's got like 3!!! And they are worse than the other ones.

Should I keep using these meds and apply them or should I take him back to the vet?

Thanks

RolandsMom
March 25th, 2007, 11:10 AM
welcome to the forum. (you have any pics of your kitty?)
maybe give the vet a call and see what he says. he might want you to bring your kitty back in for a second checkup to make sure hes okay.

Colubridz
March 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Having worked at a pet store for 2 years we saw the occasional case of ringworm and often times it did spread before getting better. The most important thing is to ALWAYS wear gloves when applying the oitment as it is highly infectious to humans, and having caught it twice it's not fun.

Kayla

bacardi06
March 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your help.

pls3775
March 26th, 2007, 09:42 PM
There are some great shampoos out there for ringworm (that way it gets the whole cat instead of only part) - as well, you can give program (yeah, the flea treatment) orally....our cat rescue did that, and it cleared it up great. AsK your vet!

glitterless
March 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Despite the name, ringworm isn't an actual worm like an intestinal parasite. It's a skin condition caused by a fungus.