Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can we add a "Today's Posts" button?

TeriM
March 24th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Hi Marko,
Just wondering if it would be possible to add a "today's post" button to the same line as the New Posts. Many of us are totally addicted to the board and check in numerous times in the day. Once we log in and out again (or time out) of course all of our new posts are gone :sad: . It would be great to show all the current posts (via today's posts) despite the number of times we log in/out :thumbs up . I know that the today's posts is under quick links but basically I'm lazy and like the one step only :D .

Maybe you could delete the members list to make room as it is disabled anyway.

Thanks, and hope that you, Carmy and Ziglet are doing ok :grouphug: .

marko
March 24th, 2007, 10:38 AM
First off - thanks for the good wishes.

Let me see what I can do and I'll report back.

Thanks!

Marko

TeriM
March 24th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks for looking into it Marko :) .

:fingerscr

rainbow
March 24th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Good suggestion Teri :highfive: ....for all us addicts. :D

Marko, I also hope you Carmy and Ziglet are coping okay. :grouphug: :goodvibes:

marko
March 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM
sorry for the delay on this this week..I'll see how it goes in the next few days and post back.

thx

Marko

SARAH
March 30th, 2007, 10:02 AM
while you're at it ... could we also get the link bar at the bottom of the page so we don't have to scroll back up every time to find the links after having read or posted? Again, just being lazy ;)

hazelrunpack
March 30th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Have you seen the "new posts" and "top" links on the bottom bar, Sarah? It's right above the long paragraph at the bottom of the page?

I like the idea of a "today's posts" link somewhere, easier to get at :thumbs up

SARAH
March 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM
lol, yeah (sheepish grin) just noticed it :o

marko
March 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Ok Today's posts just added in the top blue navbar in between Arcade and New Posts.

I'm not sure we really need it in the footer (given that the top link shoots you bck top - also it's pretty tight) do you?

Please test this new link and let me know if it's working.

Thanks!

Marko

hazelrunpack
March 30th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Works great, marko! :thumbs up Thanks!

SunGurl372
March 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Totally LOVE it!!!

I spend most of my browsing time on this forum during hours that are easily redirected by an IM or phone call. Nice to be able to keep track of all the things I'm losing during the New Posts time out.

EXCELLENT JOB (and suggestion)!!!!

:goodvibes:

TeriM
March 30th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure we really need it in the footer (given that the top link shoots you bck top - also it's pretty tight) do you?

Thanks so much Marko :thumbs up and I agree that we don't really need it in the footer.

Thanks again :highfive: .