technodoll
March 23rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
http://hubpages.com/hub/Nutro_Natural_Choice_Lamb_Meal_Senior

http://hubpages.com/hub/Nutro_Natural_Choice_Small_Bites_Senior

buckle your seatbelts... it's gonna be a long and bumpy ride :sad:

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
I don't get it... Menu foods' site says this:

8. I feed my pet dry food. Is dry pet food safe?
Menu Foods only manufactures wet pet food in cans and foil pouches. Dry pet food is not part of the Menu Foods recall.

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/FAQ_Consumer.htm

mafiaprincess
March 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Nutros site says it's only wet and their dry food is okay..

I cross posted to tell people to be aware.. but I had issues with the chick that runs that site the other day.. Turns out her diamond recall was false...

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Ohh.. watch that site you posted.. It's her personal opinion:

Natural Choice is on the recall list. Just because one type isn't on the list doesn't make it safe. The company hasn't recalled all the items which use the toxic stuff just the ones that are a real problem.:rolleyes:

mafiaprincess
March 23rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
She had to retract her diamond statements..
I had been using that site I may not now...

technodoll
March 23rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
I am still looking for more information on this. It may be totally unrelated, or a hoax. :frustrated:

edited to add: thanks for the information - it would be nice if people stuck to FACTS! grrrrr.

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't use that site. She's just promoting fear.:o

wmarcello
March 23rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
This is getting sketchier by the minute.

I wonder if there are companies out there who used the contaminated wheat in their dry formulas as well? Just because the dry kibble wasn't manufactured by Menu Foods doesn't mean that other suppliers and brands aren't buying that same contaminated wheat independently... Who knows? If it came from a supplier that made human-grade wheat (which I kinda doubt, since the reason it was so cheap was because it was a sub-par product), it might even be in some human food!

mafiaprincess
March 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
More realistic dry food issue..

http://www.itchmo.com/read/several-unconfirmed-reports-of-iams-dry-food-causing-illness_20070323

Dracko
March 23rd, 2007, 11:45 PM
Man, I feed Dracko Nutro's dry food as well as some raw. I am due to buy him more dry tomorrow. I think I'm going to have to skip it for now and just rely on the raw food. He's just always enjoyed his kibble so much I've not put him on 100% raw. I don't have a clue what dry food to buy him. Whatever I do might not be on "the list" right now, but could be the next day. :eek:

Prin
March 24th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Techno tried to compile a list of 'safe' foods here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=38124

Dracko
March 24th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Okay, I think that confused me even more. :eek:

Tomorrow I'm going to just buy Dracko his Urban Carnivor and hopefully he'll be happy with that and human food. I just can't take any chances.

Unfortunately one of my cats will ONLY eat cutlets and I've been feeding her Nutro's. The others eat Innov and Wellness. I'm not sure what cutlets out there are okay. Well, I mean not just okay TOMORROW, but long term. Just cuz a product or lot number isn't on the list doesn't mean it won't be down the road.

Prin
March 24th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Fromm seems safe.. Have you ever tried their foods for your kitty?
http://www.frommfamily.com/products-fs.php

Dracko
March 24th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Oooh, Prin, they have some cutlet type cat foods. :thumbs up I looked it up and there are 2 stores in town that carry this line. Hopefully they carry the cutlets. Ginkgo isn't overly fussy as long as it is a cutlet type of food. :fingerscr

Prin
March 24th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Good luck! :)

Dracko
March 24th, 2007, 02:06 AM
I'll let you know what I find. :thumbs up

pejcharat
March 24th, 2007, 02:46 AM
This is all so amazingly bad. I'm just waiting for the next storm to hit. I was freaking out when it was just wet. I was thinking where there's smoke there's fire and if the wet food isn't safe, what guarantees the dry food is? I just don't know what to say or do. Nothing feels safe anymore.

kc567567
March 24th, 2007, 07:39 AM
This is all so amazingly bad. I'm just waiting for the next storm to hit. I was freaking out when it was just wet. I was thinking where there's smoke there's fire and if the wet food isn't safe, what guarantees the dry food is?.......

You got that right! Our 15 year old cat passed away last December ,,,, now everyone’s upset about it again. Yes, he was old, but vomiting, loss of appetite, lethargy were his final few weeks on earth …. $400 worth of blood tests showed nothing unusual.

We were supplementing his Science Diet dry food with Science Diet wet. I only found out this week that SD was recalling the wet in the USA. They claim the Canadian wet food was unaffected.I can only conclude now that it was coincidence but it does make one wonder.

However, one also has to wonder if customers feel paying a premium for SD wet, that is the same formula a “Wal-Mart” marketed food, makes any sense ????

We haven’t replaced “Nero” with another cat ,,,,, maybe this summer ,,,, I don’t think Science Diet will be on its menu if we do.

KC

One Beagle Girl
March 24th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Nothing feels safe anymore.

I agree. I find the whole thing very creepy, and very sad. I started feeding raw again this week because I just didn't feel comfortable with anything else!

kc567567
March 24th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I agree. I find the whole thing very creepy, and very sad. I started feeding raw again this week because I just didn't feel comfortable with anything else!

Can't argue with that plan. A friend has 3 whippets ,,,, cooks up meat and rice, etc for them, herself ,,,,, if you know how, it’s a great plan. Apparently the WEB is ripe with good recipe’s for pet lovers. A little extra work you will never regret.

KC

SnowDancer
March 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM
As Prin noted, Fromms appears safe - sure hope so as that is what I have been feeding my Eskimo for over 2 years. And this week, supplies on the shelf where we buy his food have been emptying pretty darned fast. The owner of the store also feeds Fromms to her much loved pets.