Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You like riddles?

raingirl
March 23rd, 2007, 04:28 PM
www.weffriddles.com

I started last night. I'm on number 30...

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
How in the world did you get past 7? I have a feeling it's one of those blatantly obvious "in your face" ones, but I just can't see it... then _ then?? What the bleep does that MEAN??

*rips hair out*

Edit: You have GOT to be kidding me... I got it. I tried every version I could think of, of the RIGHT answer, except the correct one.

Boo. LOL

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
lol how do you get in!? :o

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
You solve the riddle.

brandynva
March 23rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
Prin, ahem, you know to see in teh dark? hehe

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
Well don't outright TELL her... Sheesh!

Prin. Ignore what she said (haha). It's dark, right? How do you see things in the dark?

Hints, brandy, HINTS!

brandynva
March 23rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Oh I'm sorry! lol :o

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
lol that's ok, I finally figured it out. Now I'm stuck at #5... I suck at riddles.:o

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Here's a tip. Write your answers down... you'll need to look back on them later (they'll give you clues to future answers).

Good luck! I know I'll need it... lol

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE! (i love riddles) :highfive:

(LOL, Brandy!) :thumbs up

brandynva
March 23rd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Me too. I'm stuck at 8.... ARGH!

brandynva
March 23rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Raingirl why oh why did you do this to me???? Argh!

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
I can't get 10 now.:sad:

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
I didn't get 8 either... But when you follow Spirit's clue, you don't really need to figure it out.:o

brandynva
March 23rd, 2007, 11:02 PM
Geez I forgot the first 7... lol I need to go back and do it again so I can write them down. I am STILL stuck on 8. I am no good at this.

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 11:02 PM
no, you only need the last 4...;) (just press back and you'll see them all one by one)

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
I'm hopelessly stuck on 12. My roommate got it but won't tell me how... so I know the answer, but how to GET it, I dont have a clue! I don't see it!!

:frustrated:

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
I'm still on 10. I don't get it.:o

brandynva
March 23rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
I got it I got it!

Spirit
March 24th, 2007, 12:06 AM
14 is the DEVIL.

Prin: Don't forget to look at the tab on your taskbar. All those fraction looking number things is the only clue you need. :)

Puppyluv
March 24th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Oy, I "finished" these over Christmas holidays,and the next day, Weff added the fifth batch.:evil: If anyone wants any guidance,I'll try and help, though I finished them in January (I did however saveall of the answers)

Prin
March 24th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Oh, sorry! I got 10... Finally. And then I quit at 11.:D :laughing:

Spirit
March 24th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I'm on 31, and I QUIT. Some of those are HARD, and they just don't make sense. There were 2 in particular where we got the answer right, but then kind of said "Now how could THAT be?", then went on a google search to figure it out. LOL! ugh... :frustrated: :laughing:

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I'm still stuck on 7 :sad:

I'm so slow...maybe I'm getting the Alzheimers......

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'm finally at 16. These are tricky, but I usually laugh when I finally get the answers. The forums that are there are a HUGE help. They give good hints that nudge me in the right direction. This is fun!

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm still stuck on 7 :sad:

I'm so slow...maybe I'm getting the Alzheimers......

One thing that totally helped me is writing down all the previous answers.

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 12:44 PM
All I have is...wait. I'm not going to ruin it for anyone else am I?? I think I'm bringing up the rear....

Anyway, number 1 and 2 are sentences, and 3 through 6 are letters.....I still don't see how this works. I googled that woman and looked at all her books, but it jumps around, know what I mean. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and the list on the clue and the list on wikipedia don't match.....grrrr.....:frustrated:

I'm sure I'll have a lightbulb moment sometime. Maybe I'm reading too much into it....

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Mocha, if you get stuck and need some good hints, go the forums weff provides. They are great. Here's the link.

Weff's Forum (http://z11.invisionfree.com/weffriddles/index.php?showforum=4)

They give gooood hints without giving it away at all. Just look for the level you are currently on. Good luck! This one was a doozy!

Spirit
March 24th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Anyway, number 1 and 2 are sentences, and 3 through 6 are letters.....I still don't see how this works.

Write em down! There's always a pattern. The Edith woman one is kind of a pain. Copying the text and pasting it in nopepad might help you though. You gotta find what's missing in that one. That one was the hardest for me because I had the answer (and I KNEW I had it), but I kept entering it wrong.

Hint: Once I was determined that this answer was correct (but wasn't working), looking back at the previous answers helped.

Puppyluv
One thing that totally helped me is writing down all the previous answers.

This is a god thing. You will need them later on. Not to mention that around level 40-60, the methods become repetitive, and it helps to be able to go back to previous levels to see how you solved them.

Mocha's mum
Thanks brandynva! I'll take a look see!

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Well, I got the answer....don't know how I did it, but, hey! Woo hoo!!

What's up with level 8?? Are they trying to blind us?? :laughing:

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I'm so completely stuck on 18 now. ARGH! Why do I torture myself??? Some of them I get and I'm like, yeah look who's smart now? And then like this one totally stumps me. And all the clues are like it's soooo easy. And it's not. :yell:

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah Mocha! :thumbs up

I can't believe I am wasting a gorgeous Saturday on this thing. Argh!

Spirit
March 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I'm so completely stuck on 18 now. ARGH! Why do I torture myself??? Some of them I get and I'm like, yeah look who's smart now? And then like this one totally stumps me. And all the clues are like it's soooo easy. And it's not. :yell:

Phone a friend. LOL!

I said to someone "Hey, do you get this riddle?" and I started reading it to him. I got half way through and he gave me a blank look, and told me the answer. I didn't know it was the answer at the time (and neither did he), but it was!

Hunter's_owner
March 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I started these awhile ago, MafiaPrincess suggested them, and became completely addicted to it. I solved a couple of batches I think, but gave up at one point and haven't looked at it since. I know the minute I look at them again I will be hooked, so I am trying to stay away.

I have all the answers for the first 2 batches though. The Forum is very helpful.

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Stuck on 14 now....:frustrated:

I'm trying to read the hints on the riddle forum, but they confuse me more in most cases...

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I finally made it through batch 1. Woo hoo! :-) I'm trying to decide if I want to even get into batch 2. I'll probably be sitting here the rest of the day if I do!

Mocha, on 14... think about the half full thing... It also helps if you know a little about how to use the properties to look at things. Once you get it, like most of these others, you will be going, oh my gosh, how did I miss that?

how did you like #10, the telephone one? I loved that one.

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I liked 10. Got it right away. I also liked 12 (the window one). Some of them are so tricky though....I'm still working on 14. I had to take the Mocha monster for a walk. But....now it's back to the grind!!

cpietra16
March 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I still can't figure 10..I keep looking at my phone hoping the answer will some:D Hasn't yet

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
cpietra16 - think of text messaging. The first number corresponds to the key pad on your phone and the second number......

I'm still on 14, but on the third part (?). The top of the screen says level 15...? Blah!! So, is it 15? Or 14 part 3?? Yikes!

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Woo hoo!!! I'm finally on to 16!!! Holy cow man. This is totally different thinking

Spirit
March 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I did NOT like 14 or 15. I finally gave up and said "Just give me the answer" and when he did, I still didn't get it. I have no idea how you get either answer. Esp 14. If someone got it and wants to pm an explanation to me, I'd be ever so grateful. LOL :frustrated:

cpietra16
March 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM
cpietra16 - think of text messaging. The first number corresponds to the key pad on your phone and the second number......

I'm still on 14, but on the third part (?). The top of the screen says level 15...? Blah!! So, is it 15? Or 14 part 3?? Yikes!

....and that my friend is where the problem is...I never text message. BUT its ok I finally got it and now I'm stuck on 13...I got to the site but not sure what to put in

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Look at the clock in the picture. Type that into google, and then pay attention to what comes up in relation to the typing on the riddle picture.

cpietra16
March 24th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I did that but I'm not sure what to type in...

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 07:15 PM
OMG, I finally got 16. I thought I typed that in already, but apparently not. Geez. Think literally :rolleyes:

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Brilliant isn't it? lol Wait until you get to 18 or is it 19? I can't remember. That one is a DOOZY. hehe :evil:

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I did that but I'm not sure what to type in...

Think about the riddle page. Look at the $!&.edu and then teh next one. That's the ticket... (I hope that wasn't too much)

Spirit
March 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM
OMG, I finally got 16. I thought I typed that in already, but apparently not. Geez. Think literally :rolleyes:

:highfive: It's smooth sailing from here on out! (the rest were easy, for me anway - just that damn 14/15. *curses*) :frustrated:

19 was my fave (I think). Or maybe 24 (I'm such a child). LOL!!!

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Geez, I hope they get a little easier! I just started 18....doesn't look too bad. IMO, 17 was a little obvious.

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 07:31 PM
18 got me for a while. i'm trying to remember which one it was. I thought some of the later ones were easy peasy.

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Oh God, is 19 Morse Code?????? :yell:

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM
If you want a hint I can PM you a tool that will make translating things very easy... If not, then I understand that too. :D

Spirit
March 24th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Oooohhh... good hint. :thumbs up

I hate level 30, btw... or 31, or whatever is the first one of round 2 (says 30). It might just be the death of me.

Edit: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! I had the bloody answer the whole time. I just wasn't reading it right. This was NOT an "A-HA" moment. Nasty, evil, riddle from down under (and I don't mean Australia!). :mad:

I need a bath. That was too stressful. lol

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Oh, I got 19. Took me a while to figure out one of the codes though...until I looked at a chart that had more than letters......hint!!

I got stuck a bit on the second part too, but played around a bit and sorted it out. Now, I'm on 21....ha!

meb999
March 24th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I hate these riddles...http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/7.gif

meb999
March 24th, 2007, 08:29 PM
stupid...crap...http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/22.gif

Peepmouse
March 24th, 2007, 10:29 PM
OK...I'm feeling really stupid here! I've been trying everything I can think of, and I still can't get past the first question...:yell: I've tried typing in all kinds of answers, but my brain is frazzled!:confused: What is the answer to the first one????? I saw the hint IN THE DARK, but it's not helping me!:frustrated:

Mocha's mum
March 24th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Try highlighting the text...

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM
So Mocha, how far are you? I'm on 34.... This stuff is driving me NUTS! lol

Must.......get..............sleep................. ........

Peepmouse
March 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Thanks Mocha. :) Now to see how badly I can do...:crazy:

brandynva
March 24th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks Mocha. :) Now to see how badly I can do...:crazy:

Make sure to write down all your answers Peep! I opened a notepad file to play in and also to record all my answers. This will help you immensely. Good luck! :thumbs up

Mocha's mum
March 25th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I'm on 30 now (had to pause for an outing). Problem is...I can't remember the numbers that the questions correspond to :yell: I remember the first and last one........must...jog....brain.....

Mocha's mum
March 25th, 2007, 12:11 AM
So, is this still the first batch??

Mocha's mum
March 25th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Okay, I'm done for the night. My eyes are starting to bleed. I'm trapped on 30, but I'm sure a heavy dose of caffeine tomorrow morning will fix me up just fine to carry on!!

I started reading the riddle forum for number 30. Man, I know the answer is probably so obvious...I'm just over thinking again. They sure did emphasize the word before, so obviously, that's a huge clue.

Meh....the king size bed and fluffy fur kid beckon me. Good night all - hope to be stumped with everyone tomorrow :laughing:

LynLyn
March 25th, 2007, 06:06 AM
I'm stuck on 14! i can't get it! it is 6 in the morning and I need to sleep! argh!

I have tried

pessimist.jpg
pessimist.html
pessimist.jpg.html
optimist.jpg
optimist.jpg.html
optimist.html
pessimist.JPG
optimist.JPG

please please someone just give me the dang answer! the hints do NOT help! :yell:

brandynva
March 25th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Make sure to look at the properties of the picture and cut and paste it into another browser window. Then change the name of the picture. One of those is NOT the answer, but doing the steps right, it will reveal the answer. ;) PM me if you need more help... I know this one was frustrating.

Mocha's mum
March 25th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Well, I'm back to the grind. So, what's up with 30?? Is the list of winners significant, or should I just enter the URL at the top of the screen??

You know, I try to read the weffriddle hints forum, and I get more and more confused. :rolleyes:

Mocha's mum
March 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Puppyluv
March 26th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Make sure to look at the properties of the picture and cut and paste it into another browser window. Then change the name of the picture. One of those is NOT the answer, but doing the steps right, it will reveal the answer. ;) PM me if you need more help... I know this one was frustrating.

One of the things that Weff makes clear is that there's really no point to doing the riddles if you're just going to get the answer or the method to get the answer from someone else. That's why the Weff forums are so heavily monitored, edited, and often cleared.As an example, if your above post had been made in the Weff forums, it would have been deleted as a spoiler. Let's not create a weff spoiler page here, respect the riddles for what they are, and respect the rules.

brandynva
March 26th, 2007, 07:16 AM
One thing I try very hard is to certainly respect the intent. I'm sorry if what I posted is misconstrued as a spoiler because that was NOT my intent. Someone did PM me on a certain one and I didn't give the answer, I just gave a good nudge in the right direction. Please don't assume that I'm out to ruin the intent that Weff had. As a matter of fact there is another post on this page that is a definite give away to number 1. So make sure if you are going to point out one thing you consider a spoiler, you point them all out.