That darn liquid sunshine...

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
[rant]

Does it ever stop raining here? EVER?

[/end rant]

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
lol. and before that little rant i was really considering Vancouver as my next home! hehe. still think i prefer the rain to the snow!

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
That blizzard we had a couple months ago was a NICE change to all this rain. It's been raining here since September. I can count how many sunny days we had.

That Noah dude was lying. 40 days, my @ss... :frustrated:

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
:laughing: :laughing: sorry to hear it. its quite sunny here so maybe the weather is better here. i must say though that, to me, being at the sea would be a huge consolation.

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Or in the sea... Cause that's what it feels like. My poor dog can't go out to pee without getting towel dried after. It's horrible! lol

Can I come over? I need a pick me up. I haven't spent this much time online in... uuhhh... ever. :laughing: :frustrated:

Shamrock
March 23rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it's pretty dismal isnt it, Spirit??:sad: :rolleyes: After such a harsh winter... we really deserve a break in weather.
So... where the heck is it?:sad:

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
hehe. sure. if you will deal with my whiney cat. "mommie i want to go out, mommie i want to go out, mommie i want to go out...."
driving me crazy!

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Are you kidding me? It's you who's going to have to deal with ME. "RolandsMom, I wanna go out... RolandsMom, I wanna go out... RolandsMom, I wanna go out...!!"

See you in... *looks at watch*... 10-12 hours. :thumbs up

Dismal is an understatement. Do any of you have do deal with this wetness too? What the heck do you do? There's only so many indoor games or training sessions I can do with my dog inside before one of us goes completely nutty.

We've had the occasional dry day, but there are still small lakes (aka really big puddles) everywhere, and don't even get me started on the mud. We're going on 7 months of rain now. I WANNA GO OUTSIDE!!!

*exhales* lol

RolandsMom
March 23rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
is it not warm enough to play in the rain?
watch Annie. always good to cheer you up..."the sun will come out tomorrow...."

Dog Dancer
March 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Actually RolandsMom, no it won't. Our long range weather forecast is so glum. We may get a brief respite in the rain tomorrow afternoon, and maybe a glimpse of sky on Sunday or Monday (but that changes by the hour) then not again until following Friday. Ugh.

I'm with Spirit - they say "Into every life a little rain may fall, but this is getting ridiculous!" First wind, then snow and now rain, rain, rain.

Spirit our backyard is totally under construction so it looks like Beirut I always say. My girls can't even go out to pee without getting wiped down. They certainly know "Wait" when they come in from outside.

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
Oh, it's just miserable. My backyard looks like a lake. All you can see are little spokes of grass poking out the top of the puddle. I love playing out in the rain (and no, it's not warm out at all), and my dog loves the rain more than I do. But I am sooooo tired of washing towels. I took the garbage out last night wearing my rain boots, and somehow my socks STILL got wet. Oh, and that trickle of rainwater down the sleeve? Yeah, that was fun. lol

PJ's, a rented movie, a fire in the fireplace... Oh, and popcorn!! My dog loves popcorn... hmmmmm.... :highfive:

TeriM
March 23rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Heh, don't get greedy. We had sunshine on Monday afternoon and Tuesday this week :D: :sad: .

Suck it up folks, we did choose to live on the wet coast ... although I think my next dog is gonna be one that hates the rain so I don't have to go out in it :D .

So, just out of curiosity, how many west coasters are actually born here and how many are transplants. I was born here, grew up in Parksville (on the island), moved to Edmonton for a few years but eventually came back to Vancouver.

side note ... I am only home because I got so wet walking the dog between clients that I had to come back and change my clothes :frustrated: (all of them, right down to panties and bra - and I was wearing my gortex :yell: ).

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
lol! I'm not complaining (persay). I'm just cranky today for reasons that aren't related to the weather at all, and I need something to whine about. And since I've been out in this rain damn near every day since it started, being wet is going to be my b*tchfest of the day.

I'm in Richmond. You get more rain than us for sure, but we get the mini floods and the mudpuddles.

As for monday and tuesday, we got about 45 minutes of sun on monday, and although it was only sunny tuesday morning, it was COLD. We need days and days of sun to dry up all this wetness.

I can't believe your underwear got wet even through gortex! Poor Teri!! C'mon all... let's all do a sundance and hug it out. :grouphug: :D

dtbmnec
March 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Just remember to empty your change from your pocket before heading out....

Otherwise if you step in all of those small lakes you're going to drown :p

Tee hee

Megan

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
At least the water level's gone down a bit (can you see the grass?). Imagine if you had to pee in this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/Spiriit/fd949a09.jpg

(edited to fix link)

chico2
March 23rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Not to gloat or anything:laughing: but we have beautiful sunshine and +13C a little rain tomorrow but next week looks great.
I don't mind one day of rain,for my grass and flowers to be,but one day after the other no!!
Bailey my walking companion wont even go out in the rain!!
At least snow you can enjoy without getting wet...

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Crazy.. It's been up and down here... I'm not complaining... It rained forever yesterday, but there's still some snow, and the mud is minimal...:fingerscr

Shamrock
March 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Born and raised in Vancouver, Teri, and a life long resident of the Lower Mainland.
You're right, we have much to be thankful for, and I'd never want to live anywhere else.:thumbs up

It's not just the rain... but the lack of actual sunshine hours that I think is getting to people.
We're rain-soaked and solar deprived, arent we?:rolleyes:

I'm "really" liking the daylight savings time though! If we cant have bright days... at least we can have longer ones.:highfive:

I'm just getting out the rain gear now to head out. Sorry you got so soaked.. ewww. Now THAT feels uncomfortable.:sick: .

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
I'm with Shamrock. I've been to many places and not much compares to BC. Even with the bad weather we've been having, BC is just such a beautiful place, no matter where you are. I know that I'd never want to live anywhere else in Canada, than here.

Frenchy
March 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM
When I moved to Vancouver, it rained for weeks, maybe that's why I came back after 3 months :frustrated:

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Oh this is lovely. I'm watching the news (talking about pet food recalls and the use of wheat glutten in human foods), and the next topic is... (brace yourself)... FLOOD WARNINGS! Like my backyard isn't flooded enough. lol

The rise in temperature with the current rainfall warnings equals bad news for us who live here.

BAH!!! :yell:

/rent over

Dog Dancer
March 26th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Well it took a while, but it was sunny on Sunday the 25th and we've got Monday and Tuesday with sun to look forward to.:highfive: Wow three days in a row!!! Yes I've had the water running down your neck and arm while walking in the rain, and soaked through to the undies too. We live in Coquitlam which is a high rain area, but fortunately we're on high ground and while the water does pool around we're not at too much risk of flood. (Other than the water pipe that broke in our basement a week ago..:yell: ) I am a transplant from Montreal originally. Tried Ontario and Alberta and settled in BC.

rainbow
March 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Spirit, that's alot of rain you've got in your backyard. :eek: We've been complaining about rain/cold here but it's nothing like that. :D Well, April is just around the corner and it usually only brings "showers". :laughing:

I was born in Toronto moved to Vancouver when I was six. I moved back to Toronto when I was 21 and lasted three months and just had to move back to B.C. :cloud9:

chico2
March 26th, 2007, 04:41 PM
WOW,would you believe it's +20C here right now,that is just weird,a few hours ago it was only +10C:eek:

krdahmer
March 26th, 2007, 09:36 PM
LMAO... I thought I was havin a hot flash Chico. I just started to sweat. Took my coat off and was ok... first t-shirt afternoon here in the falls!!!!:goodvibes:

Spirit
March 27th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I was outside peeing the dog yesterday morning (and wondering what that bright light was in the sky), and out comes my neighbor being DRAGGED out by her sister. She's in her jammies (bare feet) and screams "What??! I'm coming, already! Quit dragging me!", when I hear her sister say "I'm SERIOUS!!! What the f*** IS that???" and points to the sun. :laughing:

Even the dog had his nose up in the air (guess everything smelled different). According to the weather report, we had 214mm of rain this month, and if we had another day, we would have broken the record of 260mm in a month.

And on the news the other day, they were talking about 3 ducks who drowned. DUCKS! That's insane. WAY too much rain. I don't dare celebrate the sun... I know that the second I express joyful emotion, it's going to yell "PSYCHE!" and the rain will start again. It's a horrible tease! lol

TeriM
March 27th, 2007, 02:11 AM
:laughing: Gotta celebrate it while it's here. Nobody appreciates a sunny day quite like a wet-coaster :D .

Spirit
March 27th, 2007, 02:18 AM
"Wet Coaster". That's brilliant! :thumbs up

Make no mistake, I soaked up as much of it as I possibly could, but until it hangs around for at LEAST a week, there's no WAY I'm going to talk about how much I love the sun. Jinxing it is the last thing I want to do! ;)

2 days down, 5 to go. :D

angeldogs
March 27th, 2007, 04:26 AM
I miss Vancouver.if i could get a job that paid as much as i get now i would move there in a heart beat.rain or no rain.

chico2
March 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Dahmer,even weirder,the thunder and rain came a little later and within a few minutes it was back to +10C from +20C,strange happenings:eek: