- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

NRG (silly question)

March 23rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
I need to know how many cups are in a box. Cups per pound, I guess (5/16/25)...

One Beagle Girl
March 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
If I understand your question correctly...

Cups per pound varies depending on the weight of the food (eg: cottage cheese has 2 cups/lb while shredded coconut has 5 cups/pound).

:sorry: cause that's where I get stuck - is there another type of measurement on the box - like hopefully ounces?

March 23rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
I agree. A cup of feathers weighs less than a cup peas.

March 23rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well... yeah. So how many cups of NRG weighs 5, 16, or 25 pounds (the weights of the boxes)?

The box lists a feeding guide (so much per body weight, per day), and so many pounds per box, but it doesn't mention how long a box will last at say, 2 cups/day. I asked the rep who delivers it to my work and he doesn't know, so I was hoping someone here could measure it for me.

Does anyone feed it?

One Beagle Girl
March 23rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
I agree. A cup of feathers weighs less than a cup peas.

:D it's like that feathers and bricks trick question!

March 23rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Do they have a website anywhere?

March 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM

March 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
I know a lot of people are not good with math, so I'll give you (or somebody else who has a bag at home) advice on how to calculate it. Say you have a 25lb bag. This is what you do. If you have a decent scale, find the weight of 1 cup of your food (minus the weight of your measuring cup). Say 1 cup weighs 0.5lbs. This is the formula/ratio you'd need.

0.5 lbs / 25 lbs = 1 cup / x cups

Rearranging that you get:

x cups = (1 * 25) / (0.5)

Just evaluate that equation and you'd have an approximate answer.

Hopefully that helps, but chances are you already knew how to figure out but just didn't have a scale...

March 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks... If I had a box at home, I wouldn't even worry about a scale. I'd just count the cups. The box is much smaller than the bags of dry, so I'd assume there would only be 40-ish cups in the 16lb box.

Much easier just to use one of those 4 cup measuring cups, and scoop them out.

March 23rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Oh, so they don't have a website then.:o

If you have the kcal/kg and the kcal/cup, you can figure it out... :o

March 23rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
If you have the kcal/kg and the kcal/cup, you can figure it out... :o

oooohhhhh!! Good idea! Can, uh, someone look on the box and give me the numbers? lol! I dont know why it's so hard to find this information online! I'm looking right now though... again... (I dont go back to work until next week)

March 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I don't have a box.:o

March 28th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I can't find a kcal/cup anywhere... Does no one feed NRG? :sad: :fingerscr