Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

NRG (silly question)

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
I need to know how many cups are in a box. Cups per pound, I guess (5/16/25)...

Anyone?

One Beagle Girl
March 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
If I understand your question correctly...

Cups per pound varies depending on the weight of the food (eg: cottage cheese has 2 cups/lb while shredded coconut has 5 cups/pound).

:sorry: cause that's where I get stuck - is there another type of measurement on the box - like hopefully ounces?

rainbow
March 23rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
I agree. A cup of feathers weighs less than a cup peas.

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well... yeah. So how many cups of NRG weighs 5, 16, or 25 pounds (the weights of the boxes)?

The box lists a feeding guide (so much per body weight, per day), and so many pounds per box, but it doesn't mention how long a box will last at say, 2 cups/day. I asked the rep who delivers it to my work and he doesn't know, so I was hoping someone here could measure it for me.

Does anyone feed it?

One Beagle Girl
March 23rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
I agree. A cup of feathers weighs less than a cup peas.

:D it's like that feathers and bricks trick question!

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Do they have a website anywhere?

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.nrgpetproducts.com

wmarcello
March 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
I know a lot of people are not good with math, so I'll give you (or somebody else who has a bag at home) advice on how to calculate it. Say you have a 25lb bag. This is what you do. If you have a decent scale, find the weight of 1 cup of your food (minus the weight of your measuring cup). Say 1 cup weighs 0.5lbs. This is the formula/ratio you'd need.

0.5 lbs / 25 lbs = 1 cup / x cups

Rearranging that you get:

x cups = (1 * 25) / (0.5)

Just evaluate that equation and you'd have an approximate answer.

Hopefully that helps, but chances are you already knew how to figure out but just didn't have a scale...

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks... If I had a box at home, I wouldn't even worry about a scale. I'd just count the cups. The box is much smaller than the bags of dry, so I'd assume there would only be 40-ish cups in the 16lb box.

Much easier just to use one of those 4 cup measuring cups, and scoop them out.

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Oh, so they don't have a website then.:o

If you have the kcal/kg and the kcal/cup, you can figure it out... :o

Spirit
March 23rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
If you have the kcal/kg and the kcal/cup, you can figure it out... :o

oooohhhhh!! Good idea! Can, uh, someone look on the box and give me the numbers? lol! I dont know why it's so hard to find this information online! I'm looking right now though... again... (I dont go back to work until next week)

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I don't have a box.:o

Spirit
March 28th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I can't find a kcal/cup anywhere... Does no one feed NRG? :sad: :fingerscr