Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

An addition to my safety kit

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 08:27 AM
Yes, my safety "kit" is bit of a misnomer ~ it's more of a "gymbag" :rolleyes: but hey, there are somethings I'm perfectly okay with being obsessive about !

So, this morning I've got Bridie's paw turn upside down in one hand, a magnifying lense in the other and a flashlight in my mouth trying to figure out why she's limping. As I'm drooling onto the flashlight and hoping the batteries aren't the exploding kind ;) I had a brainstorm: headlamp. You know the slightly convex, round ones that you strap on to your noggin' ~ spelunkers, miners and bicyclists use them. Hands-free, light-where-you-want-it and no drooling !

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
What an excellent idea! I have to check the dogs' ears every day and they still associate the little flashlight with the drops they sometimes need--so they're fore-warned, four-pawed, and sometimes fleet if they see the flashlight and think they're going to need an ear washing. :D A head lamp would sure make the daily maintenance a lot easier. sneaky sneaky he he he they'd never know hazel was checkin' 'em out! thanks, MMM! :thumbs up

rainbow
March 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Great idea MX3 :highfive: