Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

alternative to Methyl-B12

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 04:29 AM
I am searching for an alternative to Methyl-B12 to help neuropathy in my diabetic cat.
I have searched the web for Methyl-b12 in NZ but i just cant find a supplier. I have spent hours calling health shops, pharmacies, but no-one can help.

Is there an alternative? It is for wobbles in the rear legs of a cat with diabeties... yep you guessed it... Lexie!

I said in a previous thread, that I would move heaven and earth for her... I am trying!

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
I found this... but, has the Vet confirmed it's diabetic neuropathy ?

http://www.lifelinknet.com/siteResources/Products/Xobaline-cats.asp

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:52 AM
thanks for the link mum.

No the vet hasnt confirmed it neuropathy... I guess im just working on a gut feeling.
Im a firm believer that fur-parents have a greater knowledge than the vet when it comes to diseases that are hindering their pets.

Im not the pet-guru... its just a gut and heart feeling.

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:55 AM
Excellent link Mummummum...im gonna have a talk to my vet tomorrow(hes my ex, so im gonna ring him at home on sat morning... whether he likes it or not!)

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:56 AM
Oh I know THAT feeling Qins-mum. But, to be on the safe side maybe check with them to make sure there are no contraindications with all of Lexie's other meds ?

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:57 AM
Ooops ~ never mind my last post. It is a good link isn't it ? Lots of really interesting reading ~ I think I'll keep that in my fave's.

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 06:00 AM
dont worry about that mumx3... im in very regular contact with the vet and have kicked his ass to find out more for me on the subject on sites that only vets can access.... gotta keep on the right side of him tho:laughing:

Im sure that our fur-babies who are sick, most have a better change if WE know what we are talking about when we visit the vet.