Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blonde or Black?

erykah1310
March 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
Im debating here....

Im pretty drastic with my hair sometimes,
Its blonde again now, but I kinda like the black:shrug:

Whats your take??? What works better for me?

Black ( past Christmas)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Friends%20and%20so%20on/10.jpg

Blonde (3 Christmases ago I think)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Friends%20and%20so%20on/meandguy.jpg

Stacer
March 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
The blonde looks more natural.

~michelle~
March 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
i like the boldness of black

Frenchy
March 22nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
No offense but you look much cuter blond. Less "severe" (don't know if we can say this in english) I tried to go darker a few times and people told me I looked "severe". And we can see your blue eyes better on the blond pick.

TeriM
March 22nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
I think the blonde kinda washes you out a bit. I would go somewhere in between :) .

RolandsMom
March 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
you see now im one of those who like the more drastic colour too but black, i think, is too severe. i really like the blonde. how about a spanner in the works and i say RED with copper highlights???

Prin
Ooo I like TeriM's answer.:D

The black is too harsh, and the blonde makes you softer... :)

erykah1310
No offence taken...

I think im naturally brown haired:shrug: Im not sure, I had Kool-Aid orange for a while, Fire engine red, but have been blonde by choice most of my life.
Im not one for blending in though :shrug: ( not sure how to express the point across properly)
Basically, Im one for making statements.
The one thing I didnt like about the black, was my greys:eek: they showed right away:rolleyes:

erykah1310
March 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
IM on a mission starting this weekend. ( have to work in the morning lol)
I'm going to try to find pics of all my different hair colors. :D
Be better to distinguish I think

RolandsMom
March 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Erykah! grey? you dont look remotely old enough to have grey hair!!! i think red would rock on you!

Skryker
March 22nd, 2007, 10:27 PM
The blonde is definitely softer. I prefer the reds myself, so I'm with Roland's Mom-why not try a copper or a strawberry blonde?

erykah1310
March 22nd, 2007, 10:27 PM
I had eight very visable greys last year, and now this year:sad: I dont want to talk about it lol:laughing:
But yeah, my moms side of the family all started getting grey young. My one uncle was completely salt and pepper by 21:eek:

Frenchy
March 22nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
salt and pepper is sexy for a man ;)

Skryker
March 22nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
Erykah! grey? you dont look remotely old enough to have grey hair!!! i think red would rock on you!

My first grey showed up when I was 21 or so (might have been younger) and there's way too much grey now! Time for me to find a new colour myself. Definitely an advantage to blonde-the grey and silver blend in better. ;)

Skryker
March 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
salt and pepper is sexy for a man ;)

And just makes a woman look old. :frustrated:

SunGurl372
March 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
I'm a big fan of going with what you were naturally given, and improving on it. I'm a blonde, but a dirty, dirty blonde (stop thinking bad thoughts, fellas!). But if I go too light all over, I look washed out. So try to get back to a natural shade, and then work it for all its worth. Find a nice highlight / lowlight combo that plays up the natural color of your hair.

RolandsMom
March 22nd, 2007, 10:33 PM
wow. i think more mature (arent i p.c??hehe) ladies with long hippie hair look great with natual grey hair but hmm maybe 20 something is a little young. Go REd!!!!!!! (its what im doing next week!) its a great inbetween. (no pressure here............):D

wdawson
March 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
the lone male perspecive..............blonde....black is to goth.

technodoll
March 22nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
the black makes your beautiful eyes pop :) too many blondes out there, plus you don't want to be the butt of jokes eh? LOL i think a paler, softer black would be awesome... maybe with some paler highlights. you need to chose a color that completely covers gray and retouch your roots every few weeks (been doing that since i'm 18, LOL!), but wow! it's so worth it IMO :p

~michelle~
i think a capiccino brown would also look good on you complimented by some low and hi-hights. a really shiny colour get some gloss treatments :) i love colouring my hair, although i could never do blonde

Frenchy
the lone male perspecive

Poor Wdawson, always here for us :thumbs up

erykah1310
March 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
i think a capiccino brown would also look good on you complimented by some low and hi-hights. a really shiny colour get some gloss treatments :) i love colouring my hair, although i could never do blonde

Could you dig up a sample of this "cappiccino brown"? Sounds interesting.

technodoll
March 22nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
oooh yes! a glossy dark brown! DELISH!!!

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/0/j/G/haircolor6.JPG

Byrd
March 22nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
I keep mine my natural colour now, but a few years ago I was experimenting and was doing different things every couple of months. My fave (wish I had a pic) was when my hairdresser did the underside a plum colour and then did the wedges on top, blonde/natural/plum/natural/blonde/natural/plum etc. Everyone liked it and really commented on it the most.

wdawson
March 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM

swiss mocha with ice cap highlights would suit you.:D

Frenchy
March 22nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
swiss mocha with ice cap highlights would suit you.:D

:laughing: I'm suddenly thirsty :confused:

wdawson
March 22nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
hit timmies then:D

TeriM
March 22nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
Yep, I like the glossy dark brown. Not nearlyas harsh as the black and then you could throw in some funky highlights for splash :) .

wdawson
March 22nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
stay or go back to blonde....add some highlights...or streaks or whatever they call them......dark streaks blended in?

wdawson
March 22nd, 2007, 10:59 PM
well i think i'm gonna go ...debbie travis is commin on:D .......not

Shamrock
March 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
Erykah, they're both nice.... but I like the blonde better, softer and less severe, imo.
I agree with the others..a blonde with streaks, or a warm rich brown would be excellent choices too!:highfive:

LynLyn
March 23rd, 2007, 01:00 AM
I'm liking the rich brown too, maybe with some highlights. I liked the effect of the black hair with your eyes, but it was too severe, the blonde really washed you out, so Chocolatey brown is my vote!

rainbow
March 23rd, 2007, 03:31 AM
I agree with LynLyn. Something in between the two. What about your natural colour with some highlights. After all the colouring you've done at such a young age your hair needs a rest so it wouldn't be so hard on your hair. :)

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:21 AM
what a cool post. I had a hairdresser friend come and take a look.
He's gay... so hes prob right (he's here as I write this so saying he is gay ok with him). He thinks a coppery brown (ie brown with red) and then some blonde highlights to soften.

I gotta agree... its mid-way, and would look cool.

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:25 AM
I personally like the black, not so wahsed out... but it may be due to the colouring of the photos.

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
How about either of these ? And Rainbow is sooooooo right, from a year of being platinum my hair is like straw...

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:33 AM
ewww. I dunno about the nicole kidman colour......

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 05:46 AM
Yeah... I think you're right Quin's Mum (but, I also think she is one spooky Stepford- Wives - looking gal). I wish I could remember the website url ~ you get to upload pics of your self from different angles and then choose different haircuts & colours, the works. It was a very cool and safe way to experiment with different looks.

Found one !

http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/hairstyler.html

Frenchy
March 23rd, 2007, 06:16 AM
what are you girls (mum3x and Quins-mum) still doing up ! Hope you had some sleep.

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 06:23 AM
Sleep ? What's that ? :D Who needs sleep when you have pets.ca ? I'm tempted to start playing with ERykah's hair on the virtual hairstyles site but that might steal her thunder :rolleyes:

Quins-mum
March 23rd, 2007, 06:23 AM
what are you girls (mum3x and Quins-mum) still doing up ! Hope you had some sleep.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: its only 10pm here in NZ, so can I stay up a bit later.... please mum:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RolandsMom
March 24th, 2007, 08:33 PM
hey Erykah. what did you decide? i just did mine today. maybe do something like this...it looks awesome (if i do say so myself...:D ) its a little of everything. bright and colourful.

joeysmama
March 24th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I would go with blonde but in a different shade.

My hair is naturally very dark but the gray (ugh) set in and I started to color it. Originally I had lots of highlights but my eyes are too dark for that--it looked brassy. So now I've got a deep chestnut brown and no one can tell that I color it.

You should ask around and find a great colorist. They can find that right tone that will bring out your eyes and work with your skin tone also.

You have to feel great about your hair I think. That's what pulls it all together.

rainbow
March 25th, 2007, 02:20 AM
So, did you decide yet Erykah?

RolandsMom
March 25th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Erykah : !!!!! have you picked a colour yet????????? have you picked a colour yet???? and at the risk of sounding redundant (i think thats the right word,) Have You Picked a Colour Yet???
you cant leave us hanging this way!!:crazy:

Frenchy
March 25th, 2007, 11:16 AM
...it looks awesome (if i do say so myself...:D ) its a little of everything. bright and colourful.

I like it too ! :thumbs up

RolandsMom
March 25th, 2007, 11:20 AM
thanks Frenchy!:D

Prin
March 25th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Love your color Rolandsmom!! :highfive:

erykah1310
March 25th, 2007, 03:28 PM
i Havent picked a color yet....
Dark is definately the route im gonna take, but summer and dark hair:eek: :frustrated: It gets hot!
Im not gonna go black again, and I am so sick of the blonde, I'm thinking a dark chocolatey color with the copper highlights. But not 100% sure yet!
:shrug:

RolandsMom
March 25th, 2007, 03:33 PM
that sounds great. if you dont want to be too bold for summer why not put some funky highlights in. that way you get the best of both!

rainbow
March 25th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Don't forget we want pics, Erykah. :D

~michelle~
March 25th, 2007, 04:31 PM
i find dark can be a great summer colour (can get a little warm at times) just be sure to pick a colour with lots of dimension red (copper) undertones and lots of shine that can be picked by sunlight make dark hair look incredible :)
i know my hair fades alot in the summer so i usually pick a tone a little darker than what i usually go for becuase my natural colour will turn a mousy brown which i am not a fan of
:yuck:

good luck and post a pretty picture of your new smokin hair colour when you get it done :)

Schwinn
March 27th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Late to the game, but I didn't want wdawson to feel lonely as the only male voice, soo...

I've always preferred natural brunettes myself. That being said, Mrs. Schwinn tells me I don't know what her natural shade is. Maybe it's time to try the natural brown?

Oh, as long as it isn't the "grandma cut", gray hair looks good on some women, IMO.

If you want to go really different, try clear. It's my favourite colour...