Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

he's untrainable!

KimandAutumn
March 22nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
my husband that is! We had a BBQ chicken the other night and 1/2 was left so I removed the meat from the bones and put it in a tupperware container. I had gone to bed and around midnight hubby wanted a snack so he went to the fridge and got the container and started snacking. Then decided he should go down to the basement to water his plants and left the container (with lid off) on the coffee table because "Autumn was on the floor sound asleep." Well he came up about 2 minutes later to find Autumn on the couch with the container, all the chicken gone, skin and all smacking her lips.

For quite some time we thought Autumn had a chicken allergy due to the fact that her last 4 kibbles were chicken based but she didn't suffer any ill effect from it; not even so much as a loose stool.

Boy did I give it to hubby. I told him that the worst that would happen with the chicken is she would puke or have diarhea as her system used to be so sensitive to people food and that had it been a different food (ie chocolate) he could have killed her.

I know he felt extremely bad about what happened but why does it feel like the dog is much easier to train than the husband?? :mad:

One Beagle Girl
March 22nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Ha! I agree with you 100%. My husband is completely untrainable too. :D

erykah1310
March 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Judging by what has been said so far, it is my professional opinion and reccomendation that both your husbands be rehomed if this keeps up!:D
Have you looked into rescues in your area?:D

Spirit
March 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
For quite some time we thought Autumn had a chicken allergy due to the fact that her last 4 kibbles were chicken based but she didn't suffer any ill effect from it; not even so much as a loose stool.

In my experience, this is veeeeeerrrrrry common. But I'm glad you found out (regardless), and now you don't have to worry about chicken based food! lol! :thumbs up

I'm LMAO about the hubby though. Maybe you should read "Don't shoot the dog", or clicker train him. :D

Hunter's_owner
March 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
My man is okay with not sharing his food with the doggies, but my man's parents....they are completely untrainable. Hunter has gained some weight, but it is very hard getting it through to them to cut back on the treats:rolleyes:

KimandAutumn
March 22nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
i will have to rethink the rehoming hubby thing.... he cooks, cleans, does laundry and cleans up the dog & cat puke. :lovestruck:

One Beagle Girl
March 22nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Mmmmm...I like the clicker idea. :laughing:

Anyone heard of a book called Calming Signals for Husbands?? :evil: