Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canidae - response from them.

coppperbelle
March 22nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
This is the response I received from them today:

No, Canidae is not produced at any of Menu Foods facilities or affiliated in any way with Menu foods or any of the other companies that they produce cans for. In addition, we do not purchase any of our ingredients from their suppliers. The same holds true for our dry dog and cat foods.
Sincerely,
Team Canidae

qhgirl1
March 22nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
From Canidae's website:

"Industry Can Recall

In light of the unfortunate current can recall by other respectable pet food manufacturers, our phone lines and emails are tied up with concerned customers. We want you, our valued customer, to feel secure with the continued use of our canned products. CANIDAEŽ canned foods in no way is affected by the recall, nor are any of our products produced in the recalled production facility.

CANIDAE Pet Foods also does not produce cuts and gravies, pouches, and does not contain corn, wheat or soybeans in any of our products or formulations.

Our heartfelt concerns go out to all those affected by the recall.

CANIDAE Pet Foods"

Prin
March 22nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks coppper! That helps! It's more specific than their web statement. :thumbs up

rainbow
March 22nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
YAY Canidae. :highfive: I read on another forum that someone was told that Canidae's canned food is made at Evanger's plant. :shrug:

Shamrock
March 22nd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for posting these responses from Canidae!:highfive: That is really reassurring to know.. that at least "one" food I've been using appears ok to continue with.

gypsy_girl
March 22nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
But.... this does not say that Menu doesn't make their food, just that their food is not produced in the recalled production facility... Oh yes I see now the first statement

Prin
March 22nd, 2007, 10:54 PM
The company statement isn't clear, but the email coppperbelle got was..