Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Excersize Areas

de_bhal_21
March 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hi!
My name is Sheena and my fiance and I recently adopted a blue nosed pit bull named Loomus. He is around 80 pounds and needs lots of excersize... so we are looking for an area in the Toronto area where we can take him without being harrassed. He always wears his muzzle and leash and we are looking for an area that he can run around free without the leash or muzzle. Is there such a place? We have been to many leash-free dog runs, but haven't let him go free because people get very upset to even look at him. We think he senses this and gets very depressed when he sees how every other dog is allowed to run free and play while he can't.

We understand that the law is in place regarding muzzles for pit bulls, but there must be an area where they can run and play...otherwise it's just plain cruel and unfair for him. The worst part is that he doesn't understand why he needs to wear the muzzle and he thinks we are punishing him...:confused:
* Thank you.

-Sheena

mummummum
March 22nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
welcome to the forum and we would love to see pix of your pittie ! If you go to the Breeds forum, there is a subforum on banned-breeds ~ lots of info there for pittie-lovers. A few of our members run www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com ~ it's a great resource.

Loves Labs
March 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Welcome & yes, pictures please!! :D
Sorry, I am not from TO so I am not of much help - but I hope you can find someone who knows of a place. I sympathize with you. :grouphug:

jesse's mommy
March 22nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Woo Hoo, anther pittie person! Please post pictures, LOTS OF THEM!

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 03:33 AM
I just noticed I didn't answer your question. :rolleyes: There is no public area in Toronto where you can have your dog unmuzzled. However, there are a number of private training facilities and doggy daycares where it is permissable. I'm not sure where you are in The Centre of The Universe but the last I checked Urban Dog, (on Parliament near the lakeshore aka The Distillery district) allowed pitties to be unmuzzled/ unleashed. Urban Dog is a great facility ~ lots of classes and their daycamp is wild fun. But definitely hook up with pitbulliest and Babyrocky at the co-op. They organize weekly walks for pittie-loving people and bi-monthly big meet-ups.

And where's those pix ???