Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buddy needs a bath

Iggette
April 5th, 2004, 09:16 AM
I went to get Buddy yesterday and was just overwhelmed with the rank in the SPCA it was sooooooooooo gross.

I need to give Buddy a bath today is there something household i can use that won't hurt his skin to get the stink of old urine off him he smells like ummmmmmm no way to say this nice but..............no can't say it just take my word it is extermly rude smelling

Lucky Rescue
April 5th, 2004, 10:23 AM
You can use Dawn dishwashing liquid in a pinch.

Congrats on adopting Buddy!!!:)

Can't wait for pics.

Chany
April 5th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Congrats on Buddy Iggette!! BY the way how did the bath go? ;)

doggy lover
April 5th, 2004, 09:53 PM
I've used Johnsons baby shampoo befor in a have too, I'm glad you got a new baby, congrats:p

Luba
April 5th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Add some baking soda to the water or mix it in a jug with water and soap/shampoo...baking soda will work BUT you MUST rinse it clear and use some mild soap/shampoo again to make sure it's all outta the coat.

:D

Hey Buddy, you handsome guy you.... u wanna date with Sadie?

Iggette
April 6th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Bath went fine he smells fresh as a daisy:) I used the baking soda idea as I had no dawn......My girlfriend is into oils so I used a little lemon oil after the bath.....just rubbed two drops in my hands then rubbed it on his coat (hind quarters) he smells just great and I think he knows it:D

Luba: Buddy says he'll date anyone that will play with him he is such a ham loves to play with me on the floor so I am on all fours and jeese the ol' knees need some knee pads to keep up with him......lol